Today’s 87 GN value ?

ikle

I have a 87 GN with just over 50,000 miles that has mild bolt-ons in my sig. The exterior is a 9 out of 10, the interior is a 9.5 out of 10 and the engine bay is 9 out of 10. The car runs and drives great. My question is:
How much is my car worth and is it worth more in stock trim ?
Thanks for your input, Kyle.

The older these cars get the more a stock one will command. With a modded car you have to find the "right" buyer who wants what you and others have done to the car. This shrinks the pool of potential buyers.

Rich, is correct it's no different than the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's bone stock will be worth the most. Look at sales of other GN's with this mileage and check the NADA's etc

low end 13 k mid 27k and high end 44k
like Texas T said with modifications have to find the right buyer , so your top value would be 27 k IMOP and so realistic 20- 25K being that you are in the middle with your ratings of the car and mileage and modifications, many other factors go into appraisal though, when I had mine professionally done 2 years ago he went as far to check paint with a meter to detect body filler and how many re-paints, as well as detailed research on what other cars are selling for and have sold for , mine had 69,000 miles and scored well on appearance and being mechanically sound , the one major factor that gave me extra value was the astro roof , it came in at 28K. so I guess the moon roof added 3 to 4 k in value nice, now T- tops lower the value or so im told , hope this helps !

imop. modded cars are more in demand, especially with over 50k mi, ( not extreme, or race cars types)
if someone is looking for an orig car, they seek one with very few miles.
majority of buyers/ owners, want , or will ,mod their car,
so tastefully modded cars , can bring equal or more $$.

I will add my car was very un modified when I bought it and had it professionally appraised and documented mileage is huge factor
Here in Florida the only time the odometer reading is verified is at sale /any collision and when it becomes an antique at 30 years of age , that is shy I bought mine from up north were odometer verification is done every year in certain states with registration and emission checks
I searched for over a year for a car I could afford and mostly stock so I could make it mine and do the mods I wanted to it
Your car sounds very nice and any top consignment place would probably list it over 30 k but the age old question is what are you wanting to get and who will give that to you
Also as wheeler dealers would say no one is gonna give you 13 grand for a car that is a bloody shamble LOL

kirban 2 cents worth having sold a few over the years....yo left out one small critical factor is it a hardtop moon roof or T Tops financing companies are stepping on these cars as others have pointed out more stock the better original paint is a huge plus documentation means a lot you got good miles at 50,000 I just sold a we4 hardtop with 50,000 for $19,500 finance company stepped up for full amount less 10% the seller had to put up....

this car had all kidns of documentation widnow sicker and the fact I owned it twice....and it is not a GN....and it sold about a week ago waiting now on payment to the seller etc sop that oughta give you a pretty good window.....

if you got a spouse that oughta make her happy that your investment is paying off

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth having sold a few over the years....yo left out one small critical factor is it a hardtop moon roof or T Tops financing companies are stepping on these cars as others have pointed out more stock the better original paint is a huge plus documentation means a lot you got good miles at 50,000 I just sold a we4 hardtop with 50,000 for $19,500 finance company stepped up for full amount less 10% the seller had to put up....

this car had all kidns of documentation widnow sicker and the fact I owned it twice....and it is not a GN....and it sold about a week ago waiting now on payment to the seller etc sop that oughta give you a pretty good window.....

if you got a spouse that oughta make her happy that your investment is paying off

denniskirban@yahoo.com
I don't know if I'd actually call it an investment. If you bought one new in December of 1987 for $18,000 it would be adjusted for inflation $39,650.23. Might be kind of hard to break even on that price. Now if that $18k had been invested wisely it would amount to much more than that. For instance if someone invested $1,000 in Microsoft in 1986 when they first offered stock you'd be at 1.6 million. Maybe not as fun but I'm just speaking financially.
Now a 1970 hemi Challenger covertible.