To the Floridians

gnxtc2

Staff member
Go ahead and make fun of us up north

nbc2_7day_web.jpg

fl106a.jpg

Florida has had some pretty impressive low temperatures from this cold outbreak; 15 degrees was observed in the Florida Panhandle while 20s stretched to the southern half of the state and mid-30s were observed near the southern tip of the state. Even Buoy #42039 in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico fell to 43 degrees.

LOW TEMPERATURES THIS MORNING (MESOWEST)
This cold outbreak is proving historic in some locations according to the NWS -- here's what happened last night:
Tampa: Broke Daily Record Low With 27 Degrees.
Melbourne: Broke Daily Record Low With 27 Degrees.
Vero Beach: Broke Daily Record Low With 28 Degrees.
Daytona Beach: Broke Daily Record Low With 28 Degrees.
Fort Myers: Broke Daily Record Low With 34 Degrees.
West Palm Beach: Broke Daily Record Low With 34 Degrees.
Miami: Tied Daily Record Low With 40 Degrees.
In addition to those, another 43 low or low maximum records were broken with 33 tied on Monday & Tuesday in the state. In the Florida Keys, the NWS projects that tomorrow will tie their longest stretch of afternoons with temperatures below 65 degrees, which hasn't happened since 1950. Key Largo got down to 41 this morning (wow).
And finally, the word "snow" has been mentioned for the state - but not in the panhandle as you'd think. The GFS computer forecast model has been very consistent in predicting snow flurries for the southern part of the state - check it out on the map below. The preferred short-term model, however (the NMM) thinks that the precipitation will fizzle out before it reaches the peninsula.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I'll still take our cold weather any day of the week and twice on sunday over your cold weather up there with that white stuff.:confused:;)

Yeah, yeah. Rub it in Bill. We had a record low this morning and will break the record again tomorrow :frown:

FYI: I will be going to the track on the 16th and jetskiing on the 17th.

I know.. I sux here in fla right now. Its rare and I had to wear a sweatshirt today. Getting my GN ready for the track next week. The guys up north run what for tires in the winter? studded tires or chains? I think the studded tires will give you a better 60' time at the track in the snow....
see you at the track next saturday !!! :):):):):):)

I was in Venice Florida back around 1990 and around 1-2 A.M it started snowing...Id sure like to see it happen again...For now im useing my GN snuggie:D

Oh it sucks. On Tuesday I drove the GN from ft.lauderdale to Tallahassee overnight, with no heater:eek:when i stoped for gas on I-10 it was so cold my interior door handle snaped clean off when i tryed to get out.:eek: