To anyone that has removed a tranny in garage

Well the Saginaw 4 speed(s) in my c10 I just get under the truck, unbolt them, take them out and lay them on my chest and slide out. Not as easy under the TR lol. I just put the back of mine on my steel ramps and the front on jack stands (they get higher than my ramps), and used my other floor jack to let it down out of the car. Set the parking brake for sure. I put a ratchet strap around the new one to help keep it from falling off the jack on the way up, since I was working alone. If you set the trans on the ground on cardboard or something similar, you should have enough room to slide it out from under the car that way. Those transmission jacks look like the bees' knees, might have to make the investment before next time...

With the transmission out, it should be easier to get to the motor mounts correct?
Don't think it will make much difference. I did mine with trans in place. The troublesome areas were the fit between starter & mount. The accessory drive was interesting to work around on the driver side.