TLink w/ 84/85 ECM reading funny in Normal mode, fine in ALDL mode

6SENSE

I hooked up TLink to my TR with 84 ecm yesterday (2nd car in sig). In ALDL mode it reads fine but in normal mode #s are all over the place. MAF #s are up and down, BLMs are at 40~, KR is showing 28 deg... all of this at idle. Something definately isnt right, and its not the car itself. TLink in ALDL mode is fine for most adjustments but I need it working right in Normal mode so that I can check KR. Anyone have any ideas?
Never had this issue with my other TR with 87 ecm (1st car in sig). I will be putting 87 ecm back on the 2nd car when I have a 87 maf for it but not really any rush.

You should contact Tlink and ask them about using an 84 ECM in an 87 car. I know when we use scanners here at the shop for custom set ups, we have to enter the car or system the ECM came from rather than the vehicle it's in in order to get the correct serial data.

The codes and data and test drive modes should be giving you roughly the same information.

Thanks for the reply. Both cars are '84TRs. The '84TR with '84 ecm is the one with problems reading in normal mode on TLink set for '84 ecm.

Just to update in case someone runs into a similar problem, apparently it was the chip which was an old burn from who knows who way back when. Ken Mosher told me that some of the early performance chips didnt support scantool functions other than basic readings, no recording, etc. Some didnt know how to burn them at the time for them to work right, or something to that extent. I put in a stock chip and can now use all the functions of Tlink.