Tips or no tips?

Hardway

I am having a new muffler welded on to my TTA this weekend and I am going back and forth on keeping the stock tips or not. I will not be selling them if I decide not use them as they are original to the car. However they just look kind of out of place on the rear of the TTA IMO. Has anyone changed the tips on their car or just tucked the pipes up and exit at an angle under the bumper cover?

However they just look kind of out of place on the rear of the TTA IMO. Has anyone changed the tips on their car or just tucked the pipes up and exit at an angle under the bumper cover?

I'm with ya' brutha. The factory quad tips don't look right on any 3rd gen...to me anyway.

I have my originals saved by the previous owner when he installed the Hooker cat back system. He installed the ridiculously HUGE quad tips that Hooker supplies with thier kit. The very first thing I did was to lose them in favor of angle cut 2 1/2" single tips. Similar to what a GTA or IROC would have come with. To me it just looks cleaner.

+2 on NO TIPS

Mine are tucked under the bumper cover and I would never think of putting them on there.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I am going to go with no tips just because there is nothing back there to add to the style of any type of exhaust tip. I will post pics once the new muffler is installed.

+2 on stock tips :)

I had the hooker chrome dual massive tips on there after I installed the hooker cat back system but when I managed to get hold of a pair of stock tips I had the hooker end pipes bent slightly and the tips welded on there for a more stock look. I'm happy with it.

I know the decision has already been made but........+3 on keeping the tips. I like em, and besides it lets people who know that it is a TTA.:redface:

+4 on the tips.. unless you have a dumbass at the muffler shop that welds them hanging down way too low :mad:

Okay, so now I am going back and forth on what to do again. I have till tomorrow morning to make a decision.

I don't have tips on mine and I like the more subtle look. I wouldn't put them on.

JMO!! Jason

I took the tips off and kept them....The new owner put the originals back on soon after he bought it....Whatever floats your boat :)

Well the majority vote won and the stock tips stayed. I had them placed back a little so they are not sticking past the bumper cover. I think it looks really good from all angles. Here are the pics. Thanks for the input guys!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg