Tipping point

This is disgusting I can’t believe I’m reading this shit you guys are giving up I have a bad back need a knee replacement but I’m not going to buy into this old man shit this is why I like hanging with younger people we have so much to offer the younger generation with all our experiences find some younger friends To hang with and help out with their projects. Remain active or die what’s it going to be

Best thread I have read on TB in a longtime.... I understand the frustrations with TBs but I believe I would just loose all motivation for life if I didn’t have my car projects keeping me busy, and helping my friends with their car projects.
A day working in the shop is a good day for me!

The amount of knowledge shared on this site would make anyone's head spin- I wouldn't even have mine running if it wasn't for the search function and all the advice, information, how-to's, diagnostics and every other thing the "old school" members on this site provide. I believe there are hundreds of folks out there like myself who have only owned at TR for "a minute" and appreciate all of what you guys have done and are still doing. Keep up the fire and remember some post from 2005 or whatever about a tuning issue or turbo upgrade or a hundred other problems solved is still being read to this day...

I hear you Neal..
After taking a long break with my car from 09 till now it truly feels good to get back into the drivers seat again. Oh. And Converting to E85 recently has been the best thing I've ever done at $2.79gal

Brent, just curious, what kind of RWHP & RWTQ did you gain on E85?
Mileage loss around town & freeway?

Brent, just curious, what kind of RWHP & RWTQ did you gain on E85?
Mileage loss around town & freeway?

On my race car going to e-85 vs. 116 octane, it was slightly more HP if any, but it ran cooler than 116 octane.

On street cars, about 20% less mileage with e-85, but $2.50 and gallon vs. premium gas cost about 3 times as e-85 per gallon.

Nick:
Many thanks for the info. Tom at Izzy's Performance who tuned the Cad told me that I was picking up about 40-45 more RWHP on E-85 than on 91. Caddy's mileage around town, mostly stop & go, on E85 was about 7 or so with it getting about 1 MPG more on 91. Definitely more aggressive sound and performance on E85 than 91. Got about 11 MPG at about 75 on the freeway on E-85. Neven had a chance to check it for MPG on 91.

Last edited:
Ha! Screw that!
This guy is still sporting a turbo V6 and hanging with the Turbo Farm FOREVER!

It was a great car to own & drive but a big mistake to modify. Pricey to play with to say the least. And while I owned it the Cad was my DD most of the time. I have owned 5 turbo Buicks and at least 3 of them at 1 time. I've had at least 1 in my driveway since about '92 or so until I had to sell mine in 2016 due to unforseen medical expenses. I will probably own another TB when I find 1 clean enough for my tastes and modded the way that I want, and can afford. My TB was a feature car in the April '09 edition of Hemmings Muscle Machines so be careful who you stick your TB tongue out at. I purchased it in Sept, 03 with about 5,800 ans sold it in Feb of '16 with about 42K miles on it.

Last edited:
Nick:
Many thanks for the info. Tom at Izzy's Performance who tuned the Cad told me that I was picking up about 40-45 more RWHP on E-85 than on 91. Caddy's mileage around town, mostly stop & go, on E85 was about 7 or so with it getting about 1 MPG more on 91. Definitely more aggressive sound and performance on E85 than 91. Got about 11 MPG at about 75 on the freeway on E-85. Neven had a chance to check it for MPG on 91.

I have been looking to go E85 on my Mustang. With the blower and fuel system setup I currently have I can make over 650rwhp on E85 with ease. As it is I get 14-15mpg with my mixed highway/street drive on 91. If it dropped to 11mpg It would still be similar cost as running 91 I would just have to fill up more often.

It's a Hennessey V700 car and they probably over cammed it a tad which would explain the mileage. I got a reading of 18 MPG on a 20 mile run with most of it freeway. However I was unable to back it up on the return trip. This was the only trip I made on 91. I imagine that the Cad would get about the same MPG as your on 91 on freeway speeds.