timing gears set

coldair

I need to buy a timing set with gaskets Ive looked and cant figure out what I need other that I want to stay stock
plus I would like to get a set of valve springs,
Thanks
Coldair

I have a timing set that’s a double roller . I wouldn’t buy a stock timing set with the plastic teeth on it . Also might have a set of springs for you let me look

Good replacement double roller timing chain
Comp cams 3129
Springs 980-12
Timing cover gasket kit
Fel-Pro TSC45930

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it is correct to say, you don't use the spring with tensioner with a double roller install correct?

And it is correct to say, you don't use the spring with tensioner with a double roller install correct?

Correct take it off and put it in a box somewhere.

Call full throttle and order a rollmaster chain and gears. (You can thank me later) go to the parts store and get a set of gaskets and you can buy a set of comp springs from full throttle. If you want a set of heads ready to bolt on I sell them for 450 shipped.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

If you have a stock cam I'd go with the 'crappy' stock alum/nylon timing set all day long.

The downside is that you have to replace it every 100,000 miles or 30 years, whichever comes first.

If you have a stock cam I'd go with the 'crappy' stock alum/nylon timing set all day long.

The downside is that you have to replace it every 100,000 miles or 30 years, whichever comes first.
So your telling me a $30 stock chain and gears is what you'd use over a $125 chain and gears that would never need to be replaced?

No, I'm saying a stock $100 set that's been proven to work for over 100,000 miles is what I choose over a double roller that WILL NOT last forever (and will cause a magnetic drain plug to grow afros unlike the stock set). It's quieter, doesn't affect the knock sensor and can have less cam sensor scatter since it can retain the tensioner.

Not to mention when a stock set fails, it doesn't take out the front cover.

No, I'm saying a stock $100 set that's been proven to work for over 100,000 miles is what I choose over a double roller that WILL NOT last forever (and will cause a magnetic drain plug to grow afros unlike the stock set). It's quieter, doesn't affect the knock sensor and can have less cam sensor scatter since it can retain the tensioner.

Smh. I guess I've gotten the 1% that's not had any problems of the sort.

There's millions of people that had a stock set last over 100,000 miles. My original went 153,000 before it died.

I've seen an Edlebrock double roller (in a GN) with 14,000 on it so worn out, the bottom gear had needles on it instead of teeth. The chain could move back and forth damn near an inch.

Sometimes 'better' isn't always better.

Any engine with a stock cam, i run a stock replacement timing set and a new tensioner. The tensioner is the best part of the stock set up. Get the updated cam button.

There's millions of people that had a stock set last over 100,000 miles. My original went 153,000 before it died.

I've seen an Edlebrock double roller (in a GN) with 14,000 on it so worn out, the bottom gear had needles on it instead of teeth. The chain could move back and forth damn near an inch.

Only chain i would ever run is a rollmaster period.

THIS!!!

Really?
millions huh
How many grand nationals actually exist?

I’m not exactly sure of a precise number
But I’m sure it’s not a million

That means that you made contact with over 21,000 people each year
or 59 people each and every day of your life
And all of them had a stock chain last over 100k

Let’s not exaggerate now old man

Awwwww milehighgndude gave me a Dumb. Aren’t you a sensitive little man. Your more of a pussy then me and I actually have one.
Do you need a huge, did a hurt your feelings?

Hahaha

Karma, I would tone it down a little with the language you are using here and in your other post. SGRIM who is the owner of this board is well respected and tries to keep this board family oriented.