Timing Cover Question

broke

broke
Has anyone ever sent out their timing cover to a place like Calico to have their bearing coating applied to the oil pump gear pocket to bring the tolerance into spec? Side clearance. Maybe even the oil pump shaft bore.

The coating isn't thick enough to do any serious clearance tightening. It's best just to start with good parts.

GM covers are far from junk. GM sold millions of cars that had warranties with those covers on them.

Do my oiling mods and assemble them correctly and you'll have more oil than you need.

GM covers are far from junk. GM sold millions of cars that had warranties with those covers on them.

Do my oiling mods and assemble them correctly and you'll have more oil than you need.

Where's the link to your timing cover mods? I tried to search but had no luck.

^ He can do that too.... but take your cover apart and see what you have first. That way I'm just a back up plan.

I have a good pump set up on my car now. I axed because I have 2 GM covers that have some scoring and wanted to save them with the thought of salvaging them with that bearing coating or some other means.