I need to get my timing chain replaced as it's still factory and makes me nervous every time I drive the car now. I've done some reading up and research but since search is broken and the site is a little flaky now and then I thought I would post a new thread.
- Anything else I should have done while I'm "in there?"
- My understanding is I should go ahead and replace the water pump and timing cover/oil pump while I'm in there? Is this recommended? Am I missing anything?
- What type of timing chain should I use?
- My longterm goal is to get the car into the low 11's or high-to-mid 10's
- I have a spare stock set of heads, intake manifold and throttle body I am considering getting ported: for these types of numbers should I or would it be a waste?
- If I do get the above ported, should I also change out the cam?
- If so, how will changing the cam affect my timing chain choice?