Timing chain and cam

Good afternoon guys I’m getting ready to put the turbo t in the shop for a new timing chain valve springs and a 6262 turbo upgrade and a Alky kit and was wondering if there is any benefit to putting a cam in while they are in there . I have 60lb injectors, Hotwire,th downpipe, I know I’m going to need a new TT chip and a 2800 lock up Converter just looking for some input

I wouldn't. Now if you are going to do a set of heads with it sure.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Just leave it be. Do a nice set of replacement springs and save your money for heads and cam..

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If you have an original cam and original lifters (and they fine) DO NOT TOUCH THEM!!!!

How much are they charging you to swap chains and springs ? It would take you 2-4 hrs to do it and prob save you a lot of cash .

Im having a lot of other stuff done at the same time my main reason is going to have them dyno tune the car also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im having a lot of other stuff done at the same time my main reason is going to have them dyno tune the car also

okay what are you using to actually tune with? unless you have a SD2 chip or FAST setup there is truthfully not much actual tuning you can do . you can do a very small amount of fueling and timing changes but as far as actually fully tuning the car you cant without one of those mentioned above

what are they charging you BTW ? I’m just curious as I do all my own work . I get ppl calling me all the time to tune there car without a means to actully do much to the VE / spark tables . I guess you could slap it on a dyno and get a HP number and say you did something special .

I’m doing a power logger with wideband o2 and I have to get a new TT chip with the Alky I was thinking of doing the sd2 or the 6.1 chip but I do really want some one to go over the car for me I have only had it since July and I’m going with a bigger turbo and I just want to make sure she’s all good

Here’s my set up 60lb injectors, Hotwire, power logger,plx wide band o2, 6262 turbo, comp cams valve springs , stock intercooler, trans , and long block I know I’m going to need a converter to get the most out of the new turbo

Here’s my set up 60lb injectors, Hotwire, power logger,plx wide band o2, 6262 turbo, comp cams valve springs , stock intercooler, trans , and long block I know I’m going to need a converter to get the most out of the new turbo

What cam ? The cam ,turbo,and converter all have to love each other to get the most out of your combo. The 6.1 chip allows some changes to fueling and timing but no where near the tunning capabilities of the sd2 . I would also make sure they are knowledgeable about these motors as there are acouple lil stupid things that has to be done to them . Like if they leave the timing tensionser on with a double roller you will be doing it agian .

It is the stock cam that is in the car now, the shop is a very well known shop in the turbo regal world just trying to get some input from guys that may have done the same thing or similar set up

5.7 or 6.1 is all that's required...and will take you plenty far. Build and ET is in my sig.