Time to sell the Hybrid-T

HYBRIDT

Well, I think it's time to sell my car. It's time to start my next project. I could go one of two ways. Either I strip it of all its parts and distribute them between my daily driver and my new project (a 67-69 Rambler American with turbo Buick power) or I sell it as is and start the new project from scratch. This is where you guys come in. Is there anyone who keeps an eye on the market and could give me some educated guesses on how much I could get for my car. Either in the TR community or outside it. Most of the stuff on my car is in my signature as well as pictures there too. Also to add are 13" 4 piston front SSBC brakes, 11" rear SSBC disk brakes stereo and a lot more little stuff. The only things that won't go with the car is the lap top, spoiler, paddle shifter and 20" wheels. The car will go with 19" Axis Penta wheels.

Any help would be great,
Adam

Attachments

• Interior resized.jpg
    Interior resized.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 684
  • smallest front left.JPG
    smallest front left.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 956
Wow, that is too bad that you are selling. I absolutely love your car!
I would get an appraisal if you don't already have one and then ebay it or advertise it at some shows. Obviously put a reserve on it, maybe really high to be safe, let it ride for a long auction format like 10 days or one of those 30 day ones. Everyone looks on their for cars even if they are just browsing and word will get out that there is a super nice Regal on. Cheap exposure for the amount of people it will reach.
I personally would hate to see this parted out, far too nice.

Yeah, too bad you are selling it.

My answer is: Depends
Someone who wants to drive an awesome hybrid, and is willing to pay you what you think it is worth, no issues. Now, if the market is trying to lowball you, part it out (some). After all, you'll never get the money back for the GNX style dash etc., and, you may want to need it on your other project.

If the buyer is interested in performance as well as looks (like a hot chick .. :eek: ), take it to the track, put it on kill, lay some good times down, put a for sale sign on it, and pimp her out.

Good luck and hope you get what you want for "her".

PS
Had a 64 Rambler Typhoon Classic back in the days.
Sweet cruiser.

olds443 said:
Wow, that is too bad that you are selling. I absolutely love your car!
I would get an appraisal if you don't already have one and then ebay it or advertise it at some shows. Obviously put a reserve on it, maybe really high to be safe, let it ride for a long auction format like 10 days or one of those 30 day ones. Everyone looks on their for cars even if they are just browsing and word will get out that there is a super nice Regal on. Cheap exposure for the amount of people it will reach.
I personally would hate to see this parted out, far too nice.

I had it appraised, but I GUARANTEE that's just it's "value", not what I could get for it. I'm just not sure if the pieces individually out-value the sum of them. The problem comes where I'm not looking to just put a for sale sign in it and wait. I'm WAAAAYYY to impatient for that :biggrin: .

Adam

Attachments

• 05-61 Nonis, 87Buick Regal.jpg
    05-61 Nonis, 87Buick Regal.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 590
  • 05-61 Nonis, 87Buick Rega pg3l.jpg
    05-61 Nonis, 87Buick Rega pg3l.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 567
HYBRIDT said:
I had it appraised, but I GUARANTEE that's just it's "value", not what I could get for it. I'm just not sure if the pieces individually out-value the sum of them. The problem comes where I'm not looking to just put a for sale sign in it and wait. I'm WAAAAYYY to impatient for that :biggrin: .

Adam
60K :eek: put it in my garage for a week and part it,then dump in river and call cops for stolen car report :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have a couple ?'s for you. I really like your car..Anyway, what tranny do you run to get the paddle shift to work? What laptop program are you running there? What seats? The only pic I see with the seats is the pic you posted. Sweet car.

Thanks Jason

Words cant describe how badly I want this car!
The value is whatever you can get, Its so hard to recouperate $ in projects, my last few were financial losses, but you do it for the love of the build hopefully. I had $65K+ in one, sold it for $20K...in the end they are too personalized for most ppls taste.
Can you post more pics, The last I saw prior to these the interior had no f'glass, and had the tenzo seats. Let us catch up before it disappears. It is a good thing you are the opposite corner of the country, because if you were local, I'd already bought it...and that'd be hard to explain to the wifey.

Good luck on the sale of my fave TR on the planet!!

Quiky One said:
I have a couple ?'s for you. I really like your car..Anyway, what tranny do you run to get the paddle shift to work? What laptop program are you running there? What seats? The only pic I see with the seats is the pic you posted. Sweet car.

Thanks Jason

The trans is still the 200. I used a B&M pro ratchet shifter with an air cylinder to actuate the handle forward and backwards. The hard part was the box I had to have electrically engineered that used the stock horn contact and wire to decipher different resistances at the top of the column to trigger horn, upshift and downshift. I modified the MOMO hub to mount acrylic paddles to that light up red at night. The program is an older version of Directscan and the seats are still the Tenzo-R rally style seats. We just recovered everything from the beltline up with blue suede and the seats are now blue and silver suede to match the outside. We had plans to finish the suede treatment all the way down, but I'm not currently sure about that.

GregInAtl,
That's kinda the line. If I thought I could get $20k for my car I'd probably sell it, but I'm afraid that the market only supports about $15-$16k for customized TR's and non X's

Adam

Looks kinda like this:

Attachments

• Dashboard small.JPG
    Dashboard small.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 597
  • steering hub small.JPG
    steering hub small.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 563
  • steering hub small 2.JPG
    steering hub small 2.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 553
  • steering hub small 3.JPG
    steering hub small 3.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 542
Send it to auction at Scottsdale as a secret 1 off gm signature car. Those guys overpay for all those rigs that go thru there.. You will get big money. :biggrin:

Actually you should put in a WORLD OF WHEELS show that is close to you & put for sale signs on it

6APPEAL said:
Who did your speaker pods on the lower door panels? SWEET CAR!!! :biggrin:
John

I built all of the custom parts on the car. There are 8" midbass speakers in the doors and 2 sets of 5 1/4" speakers in the kick panels with the tweeters from the seperates are in the dash top.

Adam

6APPEAL said:
Could you e-mail me some more detailed pics of the doors and kicks? TIA
John
Ditto, VERY similar to what I am doin, I am just using ID mini horns for high end.