Time for new rods, cam, gear drive, and likely some other odds and ends...

turbocliff

I Slang in my white T
So I have my S2 at my builder to go through. With the issues I had last year with water getting in the cylinders from my leaky (cracked) S2 heads, I am not suprised that he found the rings shot in (3) cyl, (3) bent rods (carillo 6.5" BBC H-Beams), and chunks missing in the cam from making contact with the rods when my timing chain let loose (amazingly all solid roller lifters are perfect).

So, I have (2) more sets of aluminum S2 heads to be checked out, pressure tested, etc and the best pair is going to be machined to replace my old heads that caused most of my problems. Also, looks like I will be switching to a gear drive as the new chain that had (5) 1/8 mi and (3) 1/4 mi passes on it was already loose. Once the builder verifies the specs on the rods I will be looking for a new set as well as ordering a replacement cam.

Goal is to have it back in the car and running early April.

Wish me luck-

Are you changing up what kind of rods you will be running, or going back with Carrillos? What timing set were you using? Also, what spring pressures are you running?

Wishing Luck!

Sounds like the issues weren't too bad considering what could potentially happen! That's some good news.

Not sure yet on the rods but will know by the end of the day. Don't recall off the top of my head what timing set it was would have to verify, but I know it was a "good" one. The springs had been replaced earlier in the season and were 300# springs when installed, those are going to be checked also now to see where they are at.

Best of luck Cliff. Ran good last year and expect it to be even faster this year. You can drop the other car off with me. I wouldn't want you to have two headaches around...LOL!