Time for Frame off.

Sam Colalillo

low 9's w/ a 109
This will be my second frame off on a Turbo Buick. I knew i would not be able to resist this temptation when I bought this car. Having 698 horse power to the tire and a 3 point seat belt in a car that was designed over 30 years ago just doesn't work for me.

Attachments

• 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 481
  • 50.JPG
    50.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 539
  • 52.JPG
    52.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 482
  • 53.JPG
    53.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 509
IMG_5225.JPG
IMG_5225.JPG
Fully extended jack stands??:eek:
U shooting for the Darwin award?
Chuck that was temporary to get the rolling chassis out from under it. The body was immediately placed on a rotisserie.

Attachments

• IMG_6040.JPG
    IMG_6040.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 343
  • IMG_6041.JPG
    IMG_6041.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 297
  • IMG_6011.JPG
    IMG_6011.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 301
Sam, THANKS!
Lost a good bud w/ a jack stand incident. I'm so paranoid, I leave a jack under the car, and pull a stand w/ me, any time I'm under the car.
I have one of those rotos...ONLY way to do a underside!

Wow - your not fooling around!
I just pulled my car out of (barn) storage - been there for 15 years!
I'm going to begin unbolting everything this weekend to get the frame out , on the hunt for a rotisserie now.
Good luck!

What are your plans?
Car is going to get a chromoly cage to protect me, not sure what level I am going to take it to. Thinking 25.3 cert. Sorting that out at the moment. Its going to under go a whole new image.

Attachments

• chassis.jpg
    chassis.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 293
  • chassis2.jpg
    chassis2.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 351
Added GNX vent holes to the fenders. The kit from G body came with really nice cutting templates and the vents are great quality.

Also cutting the door bars out before they go off to the body shop.

I had the body wet blasted. appears to be in really good shape. A little work to do and it is ready for epoxy primer.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 340
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 404
  • doors2.jpg
    doors2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 329
  • doors3.jpg
    doors3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 331
  • doors.jpg
    doors.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 383
  • vent.jpg
    vent.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 333
  • vents1.jpg
    vents1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Added GNX vent holes to the fenders. The kit from G body came with really nice cutting templates and the vents are great quality.

Also cutting the door bars out before they go off to the body shop.

I had the body wet blasted. appears to be in really good shape. A little work to do and it is ready for epoxy primer.
do you have close up of the vents? looking for a close to stock set myself, alot of junk

55.5.jpg
More progress :)

Attachments

• 56.jpg
    56.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 217
  • 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 279
  • 55.6.jpg
    55.6.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 312
Last edited:
Very nice. Question, how do you get that driveshaft out when the body is back on?
Yeah its going to be tuff Mike. This is one of the main reasons i pondered the x brace in the center. The X brace is not necessary for the 25.3 cert when you use the factory door hinge pillars. But if you modify the factory firewall and floor, or use fiberglass doors then the X brace is required. My car will not need the X brace, but i chose to do it just in case i ever opted for lighter doors.

When i studied the driveshaft layouts, in efforts to determining my ride height and pinion angle layouts, i studied whether or not it would come out. The drive shaft does come out, but it takes some work. The car will have to be high in the air, the rear end raised so the driveshaft can slide all the way out the rear of the car.
shaft.jpg

On another not all the control arm mounting points are not favorable for the instant center of gravity I think I need for the ride height I aiming for. I will get this all corrected.

Last edited: