Time for a new B-B-Q...

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
My girlfriend decided that it's time to replace our 15 years old bbq. Only the burner needs to be replaced but the "boss" says no! ... So I'm in the market for a new one and I've narrowed it down to two models:
Either
The Weber model Genesis S-435
or
The Weber SX-335
or
The Napoleon Prestige 500 RSIB

Which one should I get?

Claude.

Two is one, one is none so his and her's would be optimal.
Weber are all but 1 model made in U.S.A. but use some overseas parts.
Napoleon has plants in U.S. and Canada and overseas including china so keep an eye on that.
I have a Weber 22.5" charcoal kettle grill that's 40 years old this year and it's still going strong.
Also have a Weber Q-1200 propane that is superb quality and gets used a lot. I'm a gourmet. lol.

I’d wholly recommend the SX-335. I have the identical one from two years ago. My wife initially got me the one without all the stainless internals and side burner and we swapped it out. I grill at least 3-4 times a week so it was an investment for me. It replaced an older 4 burner Weber summit. What I noticed was that the cooking area was within around 60 sq in of my older summit. I’ve never ran out of space on the grill yet when entertaining (and we throw some big parties) and it doesn’t suck down propane nearly as fast as the 4 burner. The 4th sear burner is great for getting it up to temp quick. All the stainless cleans up very easy and the grill light is very convenient at night. So is having the side burner, especially if you are gonna cook something that would stink up your house normally, just do it outside. I’ve had it for two (actually might be three) years and obviously not one problem with it. I did not get a weber cover as they are junk, got a brand called “King Kong” off Amazon because the quality is much higher and they don’t crack and fall apart after a year like the weber ones do.

Long winded, but can’t go wrong with the 335. With the 4 burner you’re gonna go through propane (or gas) way more.

6E0717AE-1297-4B33-8033-612306032DDE.jpeg

I like mine so much when I had my deck removed and a patio built last fall the hardscaper fit the grill bump out to fit my grill. I knew I wouldn’t need anything larger.

I’m currently looking. Mainly getting more and more confused with how much money I want to spend. Originally 6-700 but now I’m looking at 1k+ ones. Steer me away…. Would like a nice Weber. Really unsure of what’s good in other brands.

I’m currently looking. Mainly getting more and more confused with how much money I want to spend. Originally 6-700 but now I’m looking at 1k+ ones. Steer me away…. Would like a nice Weber. Really unsure of what’s good in other brands.
Spend the money. I’m pretty sure mine was right at $1000. Sometimes they do Fathers Day discounts for them. Can also sometimes find a good used one on Craigslist that just needs some cleaning.

So the Weber sx-335 caught my eye at lowes. $1599. Ugh. What do you think?
I have the S-335, which is still available for $1,070. The SX series just adds a bunch of wifi “smart” grill options. That might be cool but mine also has a hookup for some iGrill thing which has wifi smart probes. I personally use a Thermapen and 25 years of experience. I wouldn’t spend the extra $600 for the SX series. But I’d pay $1,070 for the S-335 again hands down.

I have the S-335, which is still available for $1,070. The SX series just adds a bunch of wifi “smart” grill options. That might be cool but mine also has a hookup for some iGrill thing which has wifi smart probes. I personally use a Thermapen and 25 years of experience. I wouldn’t spend the extra $600 for the SX series. But I’d pay $1,070 for the S-335 again hands down.
I’m certainly no savant on the grill. But I’m not picky if it’s under or over done either. Can’t talk for other people though. The fiancé is quite picky with her steaks. I’d like the light option but it seems to only be available on the black version. I wanted all stainless.

I’m certainly no savant on the grill. But I’m not picky if it’s under or over done either. Can’t talk for other people though. The fiancé is quite picky with her steaks. I’d like the light option but it seems to only be available on the black version. I wanted all stainless.
I do have a couple more car parts to buy though… that $600 would cover it

So quick search told me my S-335 is a Weber Genesis ii series. The new ones are the GENESIS series. If you don’t need a computer in your grill, the S335 works great and is all stainless, inside and out.

This site has them in stock and will ship for free. A Weber grill light is $40 from the site also, I have one on the handle of mine. You hit the power button and it lights up when you tilt the lid up. If you order it from that site they will send you that iGrill thing that connects to your phone for free. If you don’t want the iGrill thing you can send it to me so I can play with it 😜