Ticking noise in Engine

BigI'sTurboT

I have a rebuilt eingine that has barely even been broken in and I have a ticking noise coming out of what I believe is the valve train and I need to find a shop or a mechanic hopefully in the Atlanta Metro area so I can get this car back on its feet it has been way to long and I am ready to feel the boost again.
The ticking comes i after it has warmed up and only under load

Oil psi warm? Oil flowing to top end of both heads...check that on initial prime. Chuck keeper is a knowledgeable guy in Ga I think he's near hotlanta

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Please post when you find out what the issue is. I'm having the exact same symptoms, everything is normal for 10-15 minutes then it starts ticking in sync with the RPM.

Mine did that too, cracked DS header but the engine light came on after about 2 mins. I'm still not sure if that's what was setting off the engine light but the motor sure was ticking.

Make sure its not coming from under the car near the torque converter area. Trans pump or vane, loose flex plate bolt and cracked flex plates can cause a ticking after warmed up, and sound like the noise is coming from under the hood.

Easy check that happened to me last month. Same symptoms...worn out PCV valve was clicking when warm. Installed RJC check valve.

Alright, I'll check the header and report back. I know it has been repaired in the past.