Ticking noise above 2200 rpm

ikle

I been trying to diagnose a ticking sound ( like noisy injectors ) for a while now that starts atbove 2200 rpm. It is very pronounced when sitting inside the car under a load. When under the hood reving it passed 2200 rpm all I hear are the injectors. The car runs and idles good, I did a search on what a broken valve spring , stuck lifter and spun bearing sounds like and nothing seems to match the noise I am hearing. It's very anoying. Any ideas ???? Thanks, Kyle.

I would guess header leak. Put a kleenex on the end of a coat hanger and poke it near the header. See if anything blows it around.

I would guess header leak. Put a kleenex on the end of a coat hanger and poke it near the header. See if anything blows it around.
Thanks I'll try that. Do you think it would be possible to have a header leak using Remflex gaskets and TA performance stock replacement headers ?
Thanks again for your help.

Do you think it would be possible to have a header leak using Remflex gaskets and TA performance stock replacement headers ?

Yes

Another method is use a piece of hose. Stick one end in your ear and use the other to scan the flanges.
I have a 4' X 3/8" hose that is designated for this.

Ditch the gaskets . Every gasket I've ran has leaked and had me searching for strange sounds lol

Agree with da dank ^^^^

Gaskets and stock headers don't play well together. The thin flanges expand and move around when they get hot. They settle back down when they cool but by that time a gasket is blown.

A lot of peeps run gaskets on aftermarket headers with great success. The flanges are much thicker but personally, I don't use them on either. I true the flange surfaces on the belt and use a little high temp rtv or right stuff.

Last edited: