THS Wheel and tire question-Rules

Detomaso71

I know it says the 4 wheels are to match.
does that mean all four must be same brand and style no exceptions?
I want to get cheaper used fronts whcih will look close to my rears but if you spent time staring at them they would not be exact.

want to know ahead of time if this is a problem and if so that would that mean all cars must have exact 4 wheels other than the width and back space, meanin all four have same exact brand and style front and back

doesnt seem lie a big deal just want to ask so if we are sending people home over this dont want it to be me

thanks

I will vote to send you home no matter what! LOL:p

What fronts are you looking at?

Ha ha.
Just tryin to find something cheap that fits better. Smaller fronts and bigger backs.
Lookin for used but most wheels seem to come in sets of two. Just tryin to see if they have to be exact matches.

Lets say you have a set of weld draglites. 3.5" on the front and 8" on the rear. If thats what your asking then you will be fine. what you won't be able to do is to run welds on the front and T wheels on the back. I have 4 weld draglites for sale that Im no longer using. 6" on the front and 8" on the back with 4.5BS. If your are interested let me know.

Thats what I wanted to know.
Just wanted to make sure you had to have exact brand AND style front to back as I found cheap "hole shot" fronts but not backs and news ones are too much $$. Guy said they are not street legal though.

So exact style brand front to back.
So summit five stars fronts and weld prostars on back are out even if look same if they are different brands? Figured that was the case but just wanted to clarify before I bought something.
I though some cars I have seen (Maybe it wasnt THS) had slightly different fronts from backs? Is that not a req for TSO/M?
I guess the words matching in the rules mean exact match.

Thanks

with all the hardware you are puting on the car your worried about a couple hundred dollars for matching wheels?

Ed (87LC2) Mucha had indicated last year that stock 15 inch by 7 inch Turbo Regal wheels on the front with 15 inch by 8 1/2 inch American Racing Vector wheels on the back would be OK.

These wheels are very similar, and the same style but not an exact match.

Hope this ruling has not changed.

See: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ths-rules-regulations/307324-final-ths-rules-2010-a.html

Post #38 and #56 for those who do not want to wade through all the opinions.