THS Rules- Redone See New Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shane, to answer your question yes. We will try to have a revised set of rules up by early next week. On you support, thank you once again. The success we have had has proven it was worth your effort. Look at this thread alone, the number of posts proves Hot Street is a hot topic for sure.

Take care, Kip

Thanks for the reply Kip. You are right, this is the hottest topic on the site right now. Like I said I just want to see the class do very well... It is good for everyone IMO...

Again, thanks for the response and will be looking forward whatever you guys decide...

Come on now clay....your common sense should tell you that nothing is going to be outlawed but something may be allowed back in. We had a behind closed door meeting and decided on new rules that were cut and pasted from another class ( I'm joking of course).

Didn't think u got up this early

Come on now clay....your common sense should tell you that nothing is going to be outlawed but something may be allowed back in. We had a behind closed door meeting and decided on new rules that were cut and pasted from another class ( I'm joking of course).

Didn't think u got up this early

From a car owner's perspective, I wouldn't want to be told how to spend money on my car and/or how to set up my car without a completely valid reason for doing so. I think if it's the racers who are spending the money and who make the class work, then the racers should be the ones that have (at a minimum) a vote on the rules. Having a "if you don't like it, don't race" mentality is kind of a bad way to approach this indifference as well, IMO.

I think this makes a lot of sense if you plan to change the rules ask the people who have ran the class the last two years to at least get a vote or something. I've really enjoyed running this class and still don't understand why the waste gate set up had to be changed. I'm seeing revised rules is this something that is going to happen or not? I've not only raced this class but try to encourage others as well. I didn't exactly fit the mold of what you had in mind but I kept on racing. I would love to continue to race in THS but only if the rules allow. It's your call I guess at this point.

This is sad.:confused: The Buick community is unique on many levels - one being the amount of whining, crying, bickering, backstabbing and back-dooring that goes on - and people wonder why the attrition is so high. Rules should be discussed by the community involved - ie the racers - and then changes should be voted on democracy style instead of dictator style. There was a very productive discussion on the TSO rules recently that led to some rule changes voted on by the participants. When a class is dictated by a select few it always ends up going south (like this one seems to be heading). Look at the old TSS and TSE classes or better yet just look at the GSCA as a whole. The solution that always seems to come up of forming yet another "new" class is a great solution to further divide the small pool of cars over yet another class. How many Txx classes are there now anyway?

This is just one of the many reasons I choose not to build a car to any Buick class rules.

Shane, to answer your question yes. We will try to have a revised set of rules up by early next week. On you support, thank you once again. The success we have had has proven it was worth your effort. Look at this thread alone, the number of posts proves Hot Street is a hot topic for sure.

Take care, Kip

Thanks. Per this rules should be out today or Wed.
I put my plans parts on hold until new rules come out.
Kip are the glass bumpers getting X-ed and allowing glass hoods per safety/dot reg?
Hearing rumors?
I guess if I could have only one I would rather have hood as if there's a wreck hood would help or hurt me but bumper would be bad. Plus if these cars are street cars makes sense IMO.

Kip are the glass bumpers getting X-ed and allowing glass hoods per safety/dot reg?
Hearing rumors?
I guess if I could have only one I would rather have hood as if there's a wreck hood would help or hurt me but bumper would be bad. Plus if these cars are street cars makes sense IMO.

I agree on the stock bumpers too And allow fiberglass hoods, But need to make sure the rules clearly state that. Leave absolutley no grey areas in the rules.

Is the A-arms rule getting axed? or still mandated?

Hearing rumors?

If glass bumpers are taken out of the rules should aluminum supports be also addressed? Without the stock supports the bumper does nothing for you, especially if you have the center of your support cutout. also the stock bumpers are only required to survive a 5mph hit with the stock impact supports. You are on here talking about saftey, yet you roll down the track at low 10's @ 130+ with no roll bar or cage.

If glass bumpers are taken out of the rules should aluminum supports be also addressed? Without the stock supports the bumper does nothing for you, especially if you have the center of your support cutout. also the stock bumpers are only required to survive a 5mph hit with the stock impact supports. You are on here talking about saftey, yet you roll down the track at low 10's @ 130+ with no roll bar or cage.

Okay,

1. U don't and did not to my knowledge race THS this year
2.My car is getting one as we speak
3. Are you mad because I'm faster? I detect animosity?
4. Ol blue didn't have a bar and u broke rules with her

Okay,

1. U don't and did not to my knowledge race THS this year
2.My car is getting one as we speak
3. Are you mad because I'm faster? I detect animosity?
4. Ol blue didn't have a bar and u broke rules with her

1. Fair enough I do not race ths
2. Glad to hear it.
3. No I am not mad at all, you should be alot faster than me with the power plant that is in your car and considering all the money you spent to have it built and tuned and fixed. So no animosity hear.
4. Ol grey and silver was breaking the rules by 2 tenths of a second, so you got me there.

I thought you were going to switch to tsr?

So which of all the fiberglass parts are going to be allowed? I have a car that's gone on a diet.

Hold tight there for a couple days big D as we will have a revised rules list out soon. I planned on having it done by the early part of this week but forgot I about my daughter's birthday this week so am running a little behind.

Take care, Kip

Hold tight there for a couple days big D as we will have a revised rules list out soon. I planned on having it done by the early part of this week but forgot I about my daughter's birthday this week so am running a little behind.

Take care, Kip

No problem, I have nothing but time. The kids birthday is more important anyways!!! Deren

Its got to be a joke....I know I am laughing....hahaha.. I wonder if this is a stall until the TSM rules come out to see what changes happen over there.....I am betting on it....lol... I just fell out of my chair laughing at this stalling move...

What's funny to me is you wining so much that your buddy's have got together and made a class for you. Now you guy's have jumped ship on him and are trying to wine yourself in TSM with a handicap. Handicap now that's is funny!!!:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.