THS Rules- Redone See New Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't let something good go down over one meaningless rule...

Consider the community as a whole...[/QUOTE]

I dont think this will really be detramental to THS. There are a lot more people with stock control arms than people with tubular stuff. Furthermore Why is everyone acting like you have to cut the car in half and then put it back together again just to switch em' out? 9 times out of 10 it wont even change the alignment.

The whole problem stems from the way rule decisions were made! If Kip and Ed would have just discussed possible rule changes out in the open for the racers and possible entrants to give their opinions this whole thing wouldn't have happened in the first place, the rule wouldn't have to be changed back and Kip wouldn't have to eat Crow right now. All this behind the scene's rule changes and this is what ya get! Maybe a lesson is to be learned here?

SW.

I think he perfers chinese food as opposed to crow. Since theres been a vote started on this issue, Lets start one about who really cares about this ither way. BUT limit the voters to those who have not yet not weighed in on this subject. As in not posted in this thread yet.

I think he perfers chinese food as opposed to crow. Since theres been a vote started on this issue, Lets start one about who really cares about this ither way. BUT limit the voters to those who have not yet not weighed in on this subject. As in not posted in this thread yet.

I haven't said a word thus far, this makes me eligible. :)
I don't personally see why the A-Arm rule was included, especially with the laundry list of similar items that are allowed. I see Kip's point about wanting stock appearing cars, but on the other hand you allow front mount intercoolers. I know little about cars...but the intercooler screams race car to me. :)

From a car owner's perspective, I wouldn't want to be told how to spend money on my car and/or how to set up my car without a completely valid reason for doing so. I think if it's the racers who are spending the money and who make the class work, then the racers should be the ones that have (at a minimum) a vote on the rules. Having a "if you don't like it, don't race" mentality is kind of a bad way to approach this indifference as well, IMO.

That's just my $.02...and wasn't meant to ruffle anyone's feathers. :tongue:

Im an outsider on this, i think tubular a-arms should be allowed. I agree w/ fastnasty its a stock appearing class but front mounts, roll cages, xfi, fiberglass bumpers are all allowed. I guess most street cars run these. Allow them and get your car count high and be done w/ it.

I haven't said a word thus far, this makes me eligible. :)
I don't personally see why the A-Arm rule was included, especially with the laundry list of similar items that are allowed. I see Kip's point about wanting stock appearing cars, but on the other hand you allow front mount intercoolers. I know little about cars...but the intercooler screams race car to me. :)

From a car owner's perspective, I wouldn't want to be told how to spend money on my car and/or how to set up my car without a completely valid reason for doing so. I think if it's the racers who are spending the money and who make the class work, then the racers should be the ones that have (at a minimum) a vote on the rules. Having a "if you don't like it, don't race" mentality is kind of a bad way to approach this indifference as well, IMO.

That's just my $.02...and wasn't meant to ruffle anyone's feathers. :tongue:
Very well said! I couldn't have said it better myself..

Very well said! I couldn't have said it better myself..
on page 2 you said you were done on this thread. Why are you still here. Go give your opinion on the t.s.r. thread.

And no one is telling anyone how to build their car. If you want to class race then you have to follow the rules.

And no one is telling anyone how to build their car. If you want to class race then you have to follow the rules.

This is just me...but aren't rules in place for lack of better words, to tell you what you can and cannot do? Thus, racers are being told how to build their car.

I would in general, agree that if you want to race a class, you should follow the rules...that makes perfect sense. I was just saying that it's MY opinion, that if you are going to change rules, that it's FAIR to get input from those people who are currently racing in the class.

Like I said...I didn't mean to ruffle feathers...that's just my thoughts.

on page 2 you said you were done on this thread. Why are you still here. Go give your opinion on the t.s.r. thread.

First of all this is a free country and I can say what I want and when I want! ;)

Secondly, Wasn't it you that said >
If you don't like the new rules or the way it is handled then start your own class.
Well thanks to you Kevin and your wonderful words of wisdom I done just that! ;) There is that fine mentality again that (Mrs. FN) was talking about... :rolleyes:

This kind of attitude along with rule changing behind closed doors is what will be the fall of anything you guy's do. Just saying! Now look what has happened, You made the new 2011 rules, posted them up as 2011 FINAL Official rules, told people "if you don't like the rules start your own class", told people you or Ronnie would send them stock A arms to run in the class, and now there is a vote on the rule AFTER the fact? LOL, LMAO Looks BAD either way you put it..

SW.

First of all this is a free country and I can say what I want and when I want! ;)

Secondly, Wasn't it you that said > Well thanks to you Kevin and your wonderful words of wisdom I done just that! ;) There is that fine mentality again that (Mrs. FN) was talking about... :rolleyes:

This kind of attitude along with rule changing behind closed doors is what will be the fall of anything you guy's do. Just saying! Now look what has happened, You made the new 2011 rules, posted them up as 2011 FINAL Official rules, told people "if you don't like the rules start your own class", told people you or Ronnie would send them stock A arms to run in the class, and now there is a vote on the rule AFTER the fact? LOL, LMAO Looks BAD either way you put it..

SW.

Why do I see this blowing back up in my face? lol I just want to be clear that I'm not siding with anyone...I just offered up my personal opinion...take it or leave it...makes me no nevermind. :)

Why do I see this blowing back up in my face? lol I just want to be clear that I'm not siding with anyone...I just offered up my personal opinion...take it or leave it...makes me no nevermind. :)
It's not blowing back up in your face, you made perfect sense and what you said was true. I just pointed out another example of it! ;)

Secondly, Wasn't it you that said > Well thanks to you Kevin and your wonderful words of wisdom I done just that! ;) There is that fine mentality again that (Mrs. FN) was talking about... :rolleyes:

This kind of attitude along with rule changing behind closed doors is what will be the fall of anything you guy's do. Just saying! Now look what has happened, You made the new 2011 rules, posted them up as 2011 FINAL Official rules, told people "if you don't like the rules start your own class", told people you or Ronnie would send them stock A arms to run in the class, and now there is a voteu on the rule AFTER the fact? LOL, LMAO Looks BAD either way you put it..

SW.

Unfortunately for you ths isn't going to fall or go anywhere. There is a good number of people that are loyal to it and like the way things are run. Ths racers and administrators are the ones with the good attitudes. The proof is the fact we aren't in the tsr thread knocking it or the way its run like you have been. We aren't on there predicting it to fail.

Kip and Ed, thank you for bringing this class into existence. Also, I'd like to thank Mike Schwab for peaking my interest in the class. I did happen to race THS at BG last season and truly enjoyed the experience. The car count was great and has the possibility of being as many or more entries in the future. I for one would hate to see the class suffer due to a lesser number of cars, regardless, I will be at BG in October.

The A-arm rule does not bother me one way or another, as long as the car makes weight in regards to the type of cylinder head used.

The issue that concerns me is having "known" cars that do not meet the specified rules allowed to still compete in a certain class, when everyone knows that if a car doesn't comply with the said rules in any other class then it is disallowed in competition in that respective class. This is the reason for the specific requirements of each class, if you don't fit into these guidlines then you have the ability to run a bracket class if you still want to compete.

I would hope that the powers that be will look to build upon the THS class, and try to bring more interest into the Buick races. One thing that we need to remember is that these cars and the Buick enthusiasts participating in the events are becoming fewer each year, and it seems to me that we need to come together on somewhat common ground and do our best to hold onto what we have had in the past and now, in hopes of sustaining our passion as long as we are able.

Pat

TB.com Nats will run both!

Kip, I am going to ask right here flat out.

Would you consider changing the A-Arm rule? I would really like to see this class shine. I think most can handle the other changes, even the hood. A-Arms are not an easy switch...

I have supported THS from the beginning. When you approached me I gave you my thoughts and gladly set THS up a forum. You asked for my opinions then and I was honest, and I am giving you my honest opinion now. Don't let something good go down over one meaningless rule...

Consider the community as a whole...

Shane, to answer your question yes. We will try to have a revised set of rules up by early next week. On you support, thank you once again. The success we have had has proven it was worth your effort. Look at this thread alone, the number of posts proves Hot Street is a hot topic for sure.

Take care, Kip

Kip and Ed, thank you for bringing this class into existence. Also, I'd like to thank Mike Schwab for peaking my interest in the class. I did happen to race THS at BG last season and truly enjoyed the experience. The car count was great and has the possibility of being as many or more entries in the future. I for one would hate to see the class suffer due to a lesser number of cars, regardless, I will be at BG in October.

Pat

Pat, On behalf of Ed and myself you are welcome and thanks for racing with us.

Take care, Kip

The issue that concerns me is having "known" cars that do not meet the specified rules allowed to still compete in a certain class, when everyone knows that if a car doesn't comply with the said rules in any other class then it is disallowed in competition in that respective class. This is the reason for the specific requirements of each class, if you don't fit into these guidlines then you have the ability to run a bracket class if you still want to compete.

Pat

Pat, for the record we have only had one issue brought up to us at any race in the two years we have had THS. The issue was a fiberglass hood at BG this year by a car that arrived late. When we asked the people who pointed this out to us if they wanted us to DQ that person, no one said yes. They said they were leaving it up to us. Ed and I made the decision to had out a warning as the person claimed they did not understand the rule. Looked like the right thing to do at the time. Then I get home from BG and start getting emails complaining that the person never made their car tech able. I had to explain to others that it is peer tech and they should have asked him to raise his hood. He was told by Ed that the car would need to be looked by other racers and he agreed. The problem in this situation is the racers who were unhappy with not getting to tech the car did not want to walk up and say hey I need to see your car. They complained to me after we all were already home like I could do something about it then. What went on at BG this year taught me alot. The most important thing is THS is alive and well and a bunch of people have a place to heads up race their cars when a few years ago they had no place to fit in.

Take care, Kip

Shane, to answer your question yes. We will try to have a revised set of rules up by early next week. On you support, thank you once again. The success we have had has proven it was worth your effort. Look at this thread alone, the number of posts proves Hot Street is a hot topic for sure.

Take care, Kip[/QUOT

Not trying to be negative but common sense really gives me a bad feeling about this.
May I politely remind those in charge its "preseason" and based on prior rules many have ordered parts that were legal for 2011 last week and 2010 for last year.
I think the worst thing you could do which would truly end THS for many is go the other way and change it all up again. By this I mean new deletes or rules that take more cars out of equation.
The only reason I bring it up in advance is if it takes a week to change one rule it would seem other issues are on the table??

THS has definitely filled a void in the class structure for the individual with a moderately modified turbo Regal who wants to enjoy some friendy heads-up competition. A group of individuals that respect one another and the directives given to them will surely make this class long standing.

Kip, thanks for the invitation, I do look forward to competing in THS @ atleast BG this year, as my work may unfortunately refrain me from other events.

Pat

Not trying to be negative but common sense really gives me a bad feeling about this.
May I politely remind those in charge its "preseason" and based on prior rules many have ordered parts that were legal for 2011 last week and 2010 for last year.
I think the worst thing you could do which would truly end THS for many is go the other way and change it all up again. By this I mean new deletes or rules that take more cars out of equation.
The only reason I bring it up in advance is if it takes a week to change one rule it would seem other issues are on the table??
Come on now clay....your common sense should tell you that nothing is going to be outlawed but something may be allowed back in. We had a behind closed door meeting and decided on new rules that were cut and pasted from another class ( I'm joking of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.