THS Rules- Redone See New Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does and they were nice enough to let me know. I just like being able to race in a class with the hot air.

How are they wrong? Since the inception of THS the rules allowed after market a-arms (with no gray area in the rules) and one day they are no longer acceptable. And don't compare changing control arms to relocating a fuel pump. JMO.

They feel that the rule change was soley aimed at them to eliminate there cars so they couldnt,how did someone put it?, ahh yes "play in KIPS reindeer games". The point is apparently moot now. I can compare it to open heart surgery if i want to. Timewise its still an easy days worth of work. But I guess I'm the only one who has to change stuff now! Mabey I should get bent out of shape too!! I said MOOT!

Cal said straight out that Reynolds wouldn't be using the new rules before he jumped ship for TSR...Sounds outlaw to me.

Actually we are planning to run both THS and TSR at Reynolds. Cal "jumped" sponsorship over to TSR instead of in THS. If anyone is willing to step up to the plate and sponsor THS please get with either Holly or myself and we will make it happen. As for the 2011 THS rules, they are what they are and as Race Director THS rules will be enforced as they are currently written for 2011. For anything having to do with TSR, please post it in the TSR section since it has its own thread. Please message Scot W. for that information

I answered your PM, but I'll ask you here as well, what's wrong with your wastegate??
I think he is referring to this change> "as long as it is routed back into the exhaust system prior to the mufflers"..

SW.

My external waste gate exhausts to the automoshere not to my exhaust. It's always been set up that way, not sure why it has to be exhausted through the exhaust anyways there is no horse power advantage to having it set up like we do. According to the new waste gate rule it says it has to exhaust through the exhaust, mine does not.

I think he is referring to this change> "as long as it is routed back into the exhaust system prior to the mufflers"..

SW.
Actually "She" is referring to the new waste gate rule, just so we are all clear on this. LOL

A Arms, KA

Getn new a arms

Kip can u consider changing a arm rule for those of us that have them if no one else objects. Big head said he wants em to awhile back.

I would like to still be able to run THS in the northern races.

Thanks for considering, just give a final no if thats the answer please, you r the boss but it seems it would help add 4 maybe five cars back to THS if you change it

Clay

Thr??

Getn new a arms

Kip can u consider changing a arm rule for those of us that have them if no one else objects. Big head said he wants em to awhile back.

I would like to still be able to run THS in the northern races.

Thanks for considering, just give a final no if thats the answer please, you r the boss but it seems it would help add 4 maybe five cars back to THS if you change it

Clay

If not whats chance you and Scott could combine the good of each class and be co-directors?
Be a huge class and pretty exciting?
Just a thought.

THR? Turbo Hot Rod?:cool:

If not whats chance you and Scott could combine the good of each class and be co-directors?
Be a huge class and pretty exciting?
Just a thought.

THR? Turbo Hot Rod?

Clay, I don't think after all this that will happen.

The BPG hosted the first THS race...I have been on board with Kip and Kevin since it first started...but see it turning into a Racers Class...after all it is Turbo Hot STREET...You guys ...those that want to run THS figure it out and BPG has no problems hosting you.. It is your class...your rules...The BPG and NTR will only step in if there is a NHRA infraction or a violation of the tracks rules..BUT it needs to figured out before you guys/gals show up...the BPG has no interset in setting your class rules, that is up to you. The BPG just offers a venue for you to hold your class.

The BPG hosted the first THS race...I have been on board with Kip and Kevin since it first started...but see it turning into a Racers Class...after all it is Turbo Hot STREET...You guys ...those that want to run THS figure it out and BPG has no problems hosting you.. It is your class...your rules...The BPG and NTR will only step in if there is a NHRA infraction or a violation of the tracks rules..BUT it needs to figured out before you guys/gals show up...the BPG has no interset in setting your class rules, that is up to you. The BPG just offers a venue for you to hold your class.

Should be Kip and ed. I have no title in ths except racer. I just defend the class on here when people bash it and its rules.
Can't wait to run ths at the bpg!

Does anyone know which races will still have THS run as a class? and since it seems both groups are on both threads...other than Reynolds, which events are planning to run TSR? or will it be a wait and see....Seems if they run both at the same event car count might suffer...which is not much fun for anyone...I second Chris' post..it's a shame to split a small group of full weight, stockish appearing cars that want to race into two smaller groups over tubular control arms...I have stock control arms..but I had no problem with those who didn't...

There isn't anything cheap or entry level about heads up racing...though some can make it look that way.

There isn't anything cheap or entry level about heads up racing...though some can make it look that way.

Bingo on the "Heads Up" racing.
If it is meant to slow the class down, might as well just make an index class.

Does anyone know which races will still have THS run as a class? and since it seems both groups are on both threads...other than Reynolds, which events are planning to run TSR?

Pretty sure TSR will be run at tb.com They ran it there last year. If we get sponsorship for THS, Clint said we will run both classes at Reynold's. If we don't, everyone should be legal for TSR. I know Kevin B stated something about having to buy DR's. To be honest, I was suprised that most THS guys don't street drive their cars and only owned slicks :confused:

TB.com Nats will run both! Hopefully we can find a sponsor for the class!

I think it would be cool to run both and most everyone be eligible...

Kip, I am going to ask right here flat out.

Would you consider changing the A-Arm rule? I would really like to see this class shine. I think most can handle the other changes, even the hood. A-Arms are not an easy switch...

I have supported THS from the beginning. When you approached me I gave you my thoughts and gladly set THS up a forum. You asked for my opinions then and I was honest, and I am giving you my honest opinion now. Don't let something good go down over one meaningless rule...

Consider the community as a whole...

Status
Not open for further replies.