THS Rules- Redone See New Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well looks like you will need a dot tire to run that other class. Best bet would probably be a dot slick. Being successful with dr's requires a lot of work. The quickest car in ths (sean) last year had dr's. Running a boost controller like an ams500/1000 really helps out a lot. Problem is that with the co2 lines and tank and everything else you are going to have to spend $750+ at least.

they are the drag radials they are the 16inch 255-60. they have several street miles on them aswell.

I'm still using the stone aged swing valve and 2 stock solonoids and a BSTC controller with no feed back/loop control

A lot of ths racers aren't hardcore and do get a couple seasons out of tires. Also I know of a few that bought new tires at the end of the year...so yes there are a people with tires already.

I'm still running the MT ET Drags I ran in 2005.:eek:

Well looks like you will need a dot tire to run that other class. Best bet would probably be a dot slick. Being successful with dr's requires a lot of work. The quickest car in ths (sean) last year had dr's. Running a boost controller like an ams500/1000 really helps out a lot. Problem is that with the co2 lines and tank and everything else you are going to have to spend $750+ at least.

INCORRECT STATEMENT

AMS1000 is almost One Thousand Bucks, I dont have one but I hear fittings and lines can be 200 bucks if done right
New tires are 400 bucks
A CO2 tank can run 100 to 250 dollars
I would say its closer to 1750$ than 750 bucks and then you have to get time to install and tune it all and hope it all even works.

My boost controller F-ed me over in my races last year and was Non Funtional.
Takes time to get it all working right and spring is almost here.

I would hope no one has bought tires for this season yet,at the least not running last years tires.

I am going to run my tires (Slicks) which were purchased new for BG at end of year.
They are stored in a dark closet wrapped in tires bags at specs on air and utilizing the car tire storage bags for slicks.
No DRs here.
When these are done I will try some DRs.

So TRZ or whatever is a class? It sounds like a car suspension part.
Can we run slicks?

Why hasn't this question been answered?

i think the answer is pretty obvious. If the race director wants to run the rules as listed in this thread, then no, that car is not allowed. If it is run outlaw style, then yes.

I am going to run my tires (Slicks) which were purchased new for BG at end of year.
They are stored in a dark closet wrapped in tires bags at specs on air and utilizing the car tire storage bags for slicks.
No DRs here.
When these are done I will try some DRs.

So TRZ or whatever is a class? It sounds like a car suspension part.
Can we run slicks?
It's tsr. Basically it looks like it's rules were a cut-and-paste of the ths rules with the exception of fiber hood, front susp, no slicks, and no 4x3 turbo rule (hope they got a turbo plug).

i think the answer is pretty obvious. If the race director wants to run the rules as listed in this thread, then no, that car is not allowed. If it is run outlaw style, then yes.

Who mentioned this outlaw style? I have heard it twice now...

Who mentioned this outlaw style? I have heard it twice now...

Cal said straight out that Reynolds wouldn't be using the new rules before he jumped ship for TSR...Sounds outlaw to me.

I was talking about the TurboBuick.com Nationals...

Its your event. I would imagine you would have the final say in what goes. Kind of how bg has its own rules for the classes. By outlaw I meant run outside of the '11 rules.

It's tsr. Basically it looks like it's rules were a cut-and-paste of the ths rules with the exception of fiber hood, front susp, no slicks, and no 4x3 turbo rule (hope they got a turbo plug).

Do you mean 3 by 2 turbo rule?
So trs allows any cover as long as its 67mm compressor?

Do you mean 3 by 2 turbo rule?
So trs allows any cover as long as its 67mm compressor?

Appears that way. They are going to have to have a plug. That opens up the road for a whole new can of worms. That's why ths has the 3x2 rule.

Wow a class with more drama than TSO :eek:

I'm going to have to race this class:D

I am actually considering buying a new turbo for my T-type and showing up at a few events this spring so I've been following the drama to see what turbo to buy.

Seriously you guys are out of control. Everyone needs to take a breather.

If anyone cares about an unbiased opinion on the subject from someone who has mediated this crap for awhile now here goes:

I understand Kip's intentions and on the matter and honestly don't believe he is pulling rank to DQ certain racers. That being said, it is REALLY difficult to save face and change a rule once it has been allowed in and someone was running the class like that.

This actually happened to me in 2004 in TSO with my coil overs at BG. It was in the rules but an over sight by those writing the rules at the time. I raised hell over it potentially being changed after it was allowed. In the end coil overs were allowed and it really had no effect on the class what so ever.

I hate to see you guys fraction the class and start a pissing match over a pretty much non-essential rule.

IMO if everyone was relatively happy with the 2010 rules run with them and save yourself and everyone a bunch of grief and bickering.

Besides I'm planning to put an azzwhoppin' on all u guys even with my stock control arms:eek::eek::eek::D:D

Waste gate rule takes me out of this class. It was fun having the hot air run the class while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.