THS Rules- Redone See New Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsr/tsdr?

If you don't like the new rules or the way it is handled then start your own class. Oh, wait....weren't you bull headed about the front sway bar rule in your class? Didn't see you taking any votes when you tried to start That class.
You know Kevin, that's a good idea! I think I will do just that and maybe something one step better.. I couldn't think of a better time to do so as a matter of fact!!
Thanks for the good advice!
:biggrin:

SW.

You know Kevin, that's a good idea! I think I will do just that and maybe something one step better.. I couldn't think of a better time to do so as a matter of fact!!

SW.

Let me know if you need any help.
I have a lot of time on my hand.:rolleyes:

SW.

Make sure you let the people decide on the rules. That way no one's feelings get hurt.

Make sure you let the people decide on the rules. That way no one's feelings get hurt.
For the record Kevin, from the looks of it "The people" didn't want or expect to actually decide on the rules as you put it so cocky but simply give input to them and actually have the thoughts in the open and on the table so to speak. I will take your advise though plus you can count on me NOT changing the rules after the first year because of One fast car in the class! ;)

I was waiting untill the 2011 rules were posted before I spent money to build my car to compete in THS and with the dumb A arm rule that sure leaves me out and A BUNCH of street cars that could compete. Nice jesture on yours and ronnies part about giving away stock A arms but do you guy's honestly think people are going to go through all that trouble of changing out upper & lower A arms, front end allignment, just to compete in your class? No, that's why you offered!
That is hilarious to be honest with you and that would be the last thing I do and i'm sure others feel the same that have tubular A arms...

The Drama always seems to follow you guy's On & Off the track with your actions and this is another fine example! The TB.com event was another, BPG was another and so on, and so on... Bickering over Nitrous and making people tear down their cars Geeeez! Really?

Anyway, Since I decided Not to participate in your class due to the rules change this is my last post here.

Good Luck!
SW

Anyway, Since I decided Not to participate in your class due to the rules change this is my last post here.

Good Luck!
SW

Scot, you could not even keep your word for one minute. You were the next post after you posted this. I hope I can sleep tonight as I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

Keep up the good work, Kip

For the record Kevin, from the looks of it "The people" didn't want or expect to actually decide on the rules as you put it so cocky but simply give input to them and actually have the thoughts in the open and on the table so to speak. I will take your advise though plus you can count on me NOT changing the rules after the first year because of One fast car in the class! ;)

I was waiting untill the 2011 rules were posted before I spent money to build my car to compete in THS and with the dumb A arm rule that sure leaves me out and A BUNCH of street cars that could compete. Nice jesture on yours and ronnies part about giving away stock A arms but do you guy's honestly think people are going to go through all that trouble of changing out upper & lower A arms, front end allignment, just to compete in your class? No, that's why you offered!
That is hilarious to be honest with you and that would be the last thing I do and i'm sure others feel the same that have tubular A arms...

The Drama always seems to follow you guy's On & Off the track with your actions and this is another fine example! The TB.com event was another, BPG was another and so on, and so on... Bickering over Nitrous and making people tear down their cars Geeeez! Really?

Good Luck!
SW

That doesn't make sense. You waited until after the rules to build a car. Then the rules come out and you decide not to build a car because of the a arm rule. I smell a little BS there Scot.

And what drama are you talking about? I was not at the tb.com race and do not remember anything we were involved wth at bpg.

Quick question guys. WHY are you concerned with the class getting TOO FAST?

I thought the idea of every racer was to keep getting faster. The idea that no one wants a TSM junior class makes no since, because just how fast you think the stock tranny can go and live. Yet you allow the same motors as TSM. I would think getting rid of aluminum heads would make more since than requiring stock a-arms (that should have been in the very first set of rules when the class was created, since it was created for stock appearing cars). Of course this could cost certain people money, but iron heads might could be found to help those in need.

I personally would think it impressive if a car in this class with AC, stock tranny, and stock rear end could run times equivalent to a TSM car.

I am sure the fire works show is getting ready to start but here goes.
The idea was never to eliminate anybody. As much as youmight think people (or me) want you out of the class it is not that way.

I had no idea except the glass hood how you were affected. I can now speculate but still do not know for sure. If you want post up what stuff is now illegal on your car. If you would rather call me and we can discuss it.
If you need some stock parts to run the class and I have extra I will give them to you. My number is 812-280-1143.

You have mentioned the frame notch a couple, I get the feeling from you comment that you invision a frame cut and left wide open not recapped. That is not what I invision, to me that is an incomplete job and would take away from the looks of ones car.

Take care, Kip
I have no issue at all telling anyone how my car doesnt meet the 2011 rules. Let me show you how being honest works:eek:. You were very aware of my short times. You are very aware that I have tubular a arms...
There is absolutely no valid reason to eliminate the A Arms after having allowed them in 2010 (and there was no grey area in that) Alot of people have made a lot of good points on here are the A Arm rule.

Not supporting vendors
Money spent by racers already who dont want to throw money away
The weight savings is actually offset by those who have alum heads
Fiberglass bumpers are not streetable and will get you killed with a hit from the front.
The stock appearing is maintained with tubular a arms as you can not tell standing next to the car with the hood closed. You can step back and still not be able to tell a difference. The whole stock appearing crap is just that crap. Which brings me full circle in why my car was targeted.

You made the rules and I suppose you can change them as you see fit. But try not to make it so obvious of what your target is especially when it was called months ago of what your target would be. All this "you cant make everyone happy", " someone's going to get their feeling hurt"... is all a bunch of crap too... The rules that were made up with whoever's opinion that you consulted should have left the a arm rule out....the fact that you would use such a rule which has no merit, has no advantage to keeping the class stock appearing, rules out current racers, refuse to take anyone's opinion upon the ridiculous nature of the rule, just further points to the fact that it was indeed aimed in a specific direction.....

Many people have made mention to TSM... well you got racers from TSM and you made it to where they could run there TSM motors...iron heads and a 30 mile drive on the tires your going to race on is much more feasible of a "Street/Stock appear class"

The hood was an unintended grey area that has been clarified. it was and existing rule that needed clarification. So be it.

"The powers that BE" really needs have a camp fire meeting and re-evaulate the a arm rule. If thats what you wanted it should have been in the rules from day ONE. If you made a mistake and over looked it fine.... but live with it... dont reverse it as it was not everyone else's mistake, but yours.....its a rule that was never there....

I know that you will never change the a arm rule b/c that would undermind your race class... and I do say your... as it is very apparent that the racers who spend more money than the organizer (you) dont mean a d-mn thing to you.... but it looks like you keep "your" racers in it don't you;)

No fireworks here... just straight forward no BS truth...

Which brings me full circle in why my car was targeted.

You made the rules and I suppose you can change them as you see fit. But try not to make it so obvious of what your target is especially when it was called months ago of what your target would be. All this "you cant make everyone happy", " someone's going to get their feeling hurt"... is all a bunch of crap too... The rules that were made up with whoever's opinion that you consulted should have left the a arm rule out....the fact that you would use such a rule which has no merit, has no advantage to keeping the class stock appearing, rules out current racers, refuse to take anyone's opinion upon the ridiculous nature of the rule, just further points to the fact that it was indeed aimed in a specific direction.....

Jesus what an ego.

[

Good Luck!
SW[/QUOTE]

I remember when I rebuilt the entire front end on my gn. It took about four hours to R n R all the front suspension components. It took me longer, A LOT longer to put the A/C crap back on my car. Sounds like your just mad because mabey people wont buy control arms from you if they were thinking about running THS. That would explain all the propaganda about "crappy stock control arms" that youve eluded to in previous posts. This is just my opinion but,really, who gives a rats a$$ if all you guys who are bitching about this run ths or not! THS is not a hard core points series. thank god. It was never supposed to be. We want to see good spirited competition for sure, but I'd like to think its more about having fun racing and doing the best you can with out the pressure of having to have a win at all costs attitude about it. Its alot more relaxing that way. A prime example is the internets own KEVIN B. Over the years i've seen him beat himself to death running TSM. SCREW THAT. Which is what he said last year and went ths. What other class at BG or ANYWHERE has grab bags FOR EVERY ONE? None. Its just fun. This whole deal is just acidemics. The rules thing is just a rallying point for those who dislike Kip or anyone associated with him, and give them crap about it. The more you guys bitch about this the more it becomes clear that your just doing this because his names attatched to it. Also. You can clearly see TRZ arms from the front on a regal. Any other brand of tubular arm is just as if not heavier than a stocker. The rule is based mainly on esthetics,and the cost factor. So all you "grassy knoll" conspiricay theorist types, keep digging.

Don't worry about it Sean. You will still be top contender no matter what Kip and crew pull, oh but what do they pull..... :nutswinger: :eek:
Besides, they won't show up for TB.com Nationals, unless they can set up a booth for free much less show up for a Reynolds race, I guess that's just to far South.

[I remember when I rebuilt the entire front end on my gn. It took about four hours to R n R all the front suspension components. It took me longer, A LOT longer to put the A/C crap back on my car. Sounds like your just mad because mabey people wont buy control arms from you if they were thinking about running THS. That would explain all the propaganda about "crappy stock control arms" that youve eluded to in previous posts. This is just my opinion but,really, who gives a rats a$$ if all you guys who are bitching about this run ths or not! THS is not a hard core points series. thank god. It was never supposed to be. We want to see good spirited competition for sure, but I'd like to think its more about having fun racing and doing the best you can with out the pressure of having to have a win at all costs attitude about it. Its alot more relaxing that way. A prime example is the internets own KEVIN B. Over the years i've seen him beat himself to death running TSM. SCREW THAT. Which is what he said last year and went ths. What other class at BG or ANYWHERE has grab bags FOR EVERY ONE? None. Its just fun. This whole deal is just acidemics. The rules thing is just a rallying point for those who dislike Kip or anyone associated with him, and give them crap about it. The more you guys bitch about this the more it becomes clear that your just doing this because his names attatched to it. Also. You can clearly see TRZ arms from the front on a regal. Any other brand of tubular arm is just as if not heavier than a stocker. The rule is based mainly on esthetics,and the cost factor. So all you "grassy knoll" conspiricay theorist types, keep digging.

Well I don't know who Kip is. The only person i know from THS is ED the RRA of THS in BG last yr.

But since i did par take in the reindeer games last yr and had tubular A-arms on the car and now they are illegal to have this yr kinda makes me wonder :confused:

BTW i didn't get a goodie bag in BG:rolleyes:

Sean, for the record I have no idea what you sixty footed at BG.

On the hood no being popped I had several people mention that they could not tech your car because the hood was always down. Even had email after the race pretaining to it. I told everyone the same thing you should have told him you needed to see the car and ask him to raise the hood. If you continue to race with us and peole really care I am sure they will do this.

You have mentioned the same garage a couple times so I guess I will bite, what garage is that??

Thanks, Kip

Kip....Since we are divulging our communications and things that have been brought up.... I have several emails, phone calls, and messages about a guy that writes the rules that fit all his friends and then races the same class of which he makes rules to exclude guys that are faster than him....

So to re-cap... You say its YOUR class, YOU write the rules, they fit YOUR friends/customers interested in running, YOUR car has to change nothing to fit the rules, YOU race in the class that YOU write the rules for.......:confused:

So you understand how people other than myself view it......I can actually say that these other THS racers actually opened my eyes to these points..

You have a conflict of interest in so many ways that you can not be removed from

Besides, they won't show up for TB.com Nationals, unless they can set up a booth for free much less show up for a Reynolds race, I guess that's just to far South.

I went to the one and only TB.com Nats last year.
I went to Richard Clark's open house a couple years ago.
I went to Reynolds three years in a row.
So to me your point doesn't hold water.

See ya, Kip

SLOgn, I honestly cant remember the goodie bag situation at BG,but the pay out (both monitarily,and in give aways) was cool! I placed fifth and got a plenum spacer! Kip Asplund (EXCESSIVE ACCELERATION) is the guy who thought up THS,and with ED Mucha, and colin(slo91z), and others help get it done, and donate great stuff. As stated earlier the a arm thing is an asthetic choice only. And realy its the light weight TRZ's in question, but how do you exclude one and not the other? You cant so none are allowed. Kips vision for the class was ,and still is, for the cars to maintain the air of "sleeper" as much as possible. Some things outwardly just look too racy. like my fuel pump for example. Its a big ol' red SX external pump that hangs down in full view under the bumper because I thought it looked cool. But it really doesnt fit the class,so I'll change it. I cant realy imagine this control arm thing being that big of a deal. I've had the motor out of my car more times than I care to remember. So control arms should be no big whoop! Whatever....I just want to race.

BTW i didn't get a goodie bag in BG:rolleyes:

No one did as Ed and I had to much to deal with and never got them done.
Sorry about that. This was the first race that we had some extra issues to deal with, to name a couple: a racer was protested for the first time and the tower provided a couple ladders that where incorrect.

Sorry again, Kip

I have no issue at all telling anyone how my car doesnt meet the 2011 rules. Let me show you how being honest works:eek:. You were very aware of my short times. You are very aware that I have tubular a arms...

The hood was an unintended grey area that has been clarified. it was and existing rule that needed clarification. So be it.

You can believe what you want. The fact is I have no idea what you short times are. I have never seen your time slips and you have never told me what they are. So how would I know or why would I care?

I had no idea you had tubular front control arms. I have never looked your car over besides the hood issue. You must really think you have something special since you think I know all about it.

The hood rule was always clear. Some just tried to say it was a grey area so we made it clearer.

See ya, Kip

Status
Not open for further replies.