THS Rules- Redone See New Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuel pump rule - What does visible from the exterior mean exactly, from 20 feet away, can't see it from walking around but not bending over, or is there going to be an inspection mirror stuck underneath?

If a tank is sumped, why try to hide the pump, the sound is a giveaway even if its hidden.

Dang, I'm going to have to be creative with the Weldon and filters I just ordered from Hartline last week so they aren't visible.

You would need to get a 3x2 cover to be legal.

You should call PTE to verify this, but it probably requires a new backing plate, etc.. It usually isn't just a cover swap.
I guess I should have made Kip a better deal when he wanted to start selling my hoods.

FWIW: The old rules will be in place at Reynold's and perhaps a couple other races.

Fuel pump rule - What does visible from the exterior mean exactly, from 20 feet away, can't see it from walking around but not bending over, or is there going to be an inspection mirror stuck underneath?

If a tank is sumped, why try to hide the pump, the sound is a giveaway even if its hidden.

Dang, I'm going to have to be creative with the Weldon and filters I just ordered from Hartline last week so they aren't visible.

No inspection mirrors or anything like that, just can't see it when you are just walking around the car basically.

My car is a prime example of the fuel pump rule. I have a red SX pump and filter that you can clearly see from behind the car. It definately says racecar!even though its slow! I'm gonna change it. Its not that big of a deal. Every body,well the one guy,b!tchin about the rule changes ,relax! I'm sure you still have all the stock stuff around to make your car legal,so cost cant be the factor. This class has always prided itself on good car turnout I think. North south east west ,it doesn't matter where the cars come from as long as they show up. This class is about fun heads up competition with out having to resort to bracket racing.And so far I think its worked out pretty well. I for one think that the items changed in this years rules represent no real gain or loss in performance,therefore should be a non issue. If you think that its some kind of slight, or a way to keep out the southerners, Grow up. The point of this class it to keep it fair for guys who have hot street cars,and not to let it morph into TSM LITE. This class was thought up by and put together by people who live above the mason dixon line. So what. that doesnt automaticaly mean that its for northerners only. Its a matter of geography. Theres ths races in the south id like to go to but budgetary constraints dont allow it.Not because you guys dont want any carpetbaggers down there! If those who think the rules were changed just to exclude them, then theres the second bell,you're late for 6th grade home room. The rules are to help the class appeal to the broadest range of TR owners possible. The rule change/clarification just saved me some money, because I was leaning twards TRZ front end stuff too. I know i'm not the only one. Instead i can budget more races.

Have a suggestioin, change the name of the class from THS to KIP, as I hear it, its HIS class ,Racers don't have any say in the Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kip please post SOMETHING!!!!

Very disappionted in how this is being handled, I enjoy Racing but really not sure the B.S. is worth IT!!!!

By the way this isn't the NHRA!!!!!

JD

JD

JD This is exactly how NHRA works.. Someone finds a combination that works they take it away.

Everyone that is affected will just have to back up and punt.. There are a few little things that we haven't done yet that are still legal. I still say we'll be in the mid nines this year. Already been 9.70 on the old setup. ;)

Looks like aluminum headed strokers are going to be dominate now.

now i'm going to offer an opinion on the other rules, but that's all it is. When i was typing them up it was clear to me that the idea here was all about keeping this more of a street class, i mean i know you can drive around with a fuel pump hanging off your back bumper but even the people that don't know anything about cars will see it and say "oooh look at the race car". **** my mom calls my car a race car.

do you race on the street!!!!!

Jd

how is the "magic combo" being taken away? The car that kicked most everybody a$$ in the entire class,at the majority of the races,including every one in this thread is an ALL STEEL CAR! So the arguement of exclusion is pretty weak.considering the language was already in the rules for some of the things in question. Every other rule pertaining to actual performance stuff is the same! How long does the mindless bickering have to go on before you guys realize that the rules are not to exclude anyone but try to include everyone as much as possible. This is very much a democracy. The problem is that everyone,well most everyone kept voting to turn this class into tsm. If you guys want to start a class that only your cars fit into go right ahead. I'll come and watch the entire program,and make it home before my automatic coffee pot has a chance to turn itself off! If the rules piss you off that much,then look at a different deal to run in. The majority of the people that have met thru this at the different tracks that i have been to have had alot of fun running ths from the no 1 quallifyer to the guy at the bottom of the ladder. Including myself. and thats what this deal is all about.

how is the "magic combo" being taken away? The car that kicked most everybody a$$ in the entire class,at the majority of the races,including every one in this thread is an ALL STEEL CAR! So the arguement of exclusion is pretty weak.considering the language was already in the rules for some of the things in question. Every other rule pertaining to actual performance stuff is the same! How long does the mindless bickering have to go on before you guys realize that the rules are not to exclude anyone but try to include everyone as much as possible. This is very much a democracy. The problem is that everyone,well most everyone kept voting to turn this class into tsm. If you guys want to start a class that only your cars fit into go right ahead. I'll come and watch the entire program,and make it home before my automatic coffee pot has a chance to turn itself off! If the rules piss you off that much,then look at a different deal to run in. The majority of the people that have met thru this at the different tracks that i have been to have had alot of fun running ths from the no 1 quallifyer to the guy at the bottom of the ladder. Including myself. and thats what this deal is all about.

That's the piont ,this was targeted at certain PEOPLE!!!!

Weight is weight, as long as your not UNDER ,WHY would it matter!!!!!

BTW how many THS races have you raced in?

JD

I guess I should have made Kip a better deal when he wanted to start selling my hoods.

FWIW: The old rules will be in place at Reynold's and perhaps a couple other races.

Cal, to refresh your memory I have bought hoods from you. If you are impying the rule has something to do with me not selling hood you are crazy as I have hoods in stock. That rule never changes, just made clear for the people who could not understand what a factory part is.

Keep me posted as to what other races are going to do their own thing please.

See ya, Kip

Have a suggestioin, change the name of the class from THS to KIP, as I hear it, its HIS class ,Racers don't have any say in the Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kip please post SOMETHING!!!!

Very disappionted in how this is being handled, I enjoy Racing but really not sure the B.S. is worth IT!!!!

JD

JD, I am posting even though I know all it does is open me up to a fire fight.
Look how thing have already gone I have been attacked by a few because they do not like the rules. I PMed you yesterday with my phone number and have never heard from you, I am still looking forwardto hearing from you.

Take care, Kip

Is a PTE 6768 HPQ ball bearing E 3/2 cover turbo legal for THS? The rules say prior to Jan 1, 2010 and I'm not sure if that was available then or did it mean to say Jan 1, 2011?

"1. All turbochargers, including billet wheel turbochargers, meeting the below listed specifications available prior to January 1st of 2010 are allowed."

Is a PTE 6768 HPQ ball bearing E 3/2 cover turbo legal for THS? The rules say prior to Jan 1, 2010 and I'm not sure if that was available then or did it mean to say Jan 1, 2011?

"1. All turbochargers, including billet wheel turbochargers, meeting the below listed specifications available prior to January 1st of 2010 are allowed."

A few guys I saw were running this turbo in THS so it appears its OK.
I dont have it but I am 100 percent sure a couple do.

Go through the rule additions/changes and explain why they were even brought up and the benefit they add to the class? And even though I know its impossible to do... try not to BS everyone with misdirection and manipulation......

Hood... Because the rules were not clearly defined so now they are and I had one....one of the cheapest parts you can buy.. so its not the money... but you want to keep it all steel... ok ok..nose weight.. ok ok... is it still BS... but ok... i give you that direct hit towards me......but the rest of that crap just makes it so apparent...

So here we go with picking my car apart to eliminate it from competition....

A Arms.. allowed in 2010 with no complaints from anyone that I heard of... so why target them? Doesnt change the appearance of the car b/c you cant tell unless you climb under the car... Nose weight? You mean like aluminum heads do as well???? oh yeah but you have to add 150lbs... to anywhere you want like the trunk...yeah that makes perfect sense...:rolleyes:

Its no different than taking a torch or grinder and cutting the frame out of the rear wheel... aka notching (which is allowed)

Coil overs... goes with the above comment.... I can some what understand making people keep the stock springs... (barely) But why change it when it doesnt slow the class down or bring it together... you just eliminate people who might have ran in the class that has no advantage with A arms.... oh thats right... that was the purpose to eliminate certain cars...

Its just BS as there was no call for it unless you were trying to eliminate something and I think most of us know what that is....

NO ONE ever bothered me when I was running mid 10s with everything on my car in all the other races.... which is the same exact car that was in BG this year..... until I made the 9 sec pass....then the protesting and hating began.......

I posted some of the fastest times... yeah.... but I didnt then and dont now have car capable of running the fastest time... nor did I win the most races....there are a lot cars out there that have me hands down.... but now they are making rules that have no merit of bringing people in the class but rather pushing people out of the class...

So yes, I am going to speak up and tell it like it is.

And yet the only people answering rule questions are people who swear that nothing to do with the rules....:rolleyes:

yeah... i will buy the golden gate bridge in arizona....

CHEERS,:D

i got to go to class...:wink:

The A-arm rule is going to prevent me from getting a SC&C or DSE front suspension or rear coilover upgrade for handling. A street car should handle well and many have upgraded suspension pieces that don't make them faster. It really doesn't make sense, why not get rid of transbrakes or have to run a 275 highway approved drag radial only if its for street cars.

The A-arm rule is going to prevent me from getting a SC&C or DSE front suspension or rear coilover upgrade for handling. A street car should handle well and many have upgraded suspension pieces that don't make them faster. It really doesn't make sense, why not get rid of transbrakes or have to run a 275 highway approved drag radial only if its for street cars.

Bottom line is that it that the radial and transbrake rule would make perfect sense, but wouldnt eliminate the car that the rules were targeted to remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.