THS RRA

There are several events that no longer exist, and payouts were almost nothing. The jump start of XTSM by Steve Kessler inspired me to try and do the same for THS. Contacting sponsors and generating funds to spark interest of fellow racers has turned out the biggest payouts ever in THS. I did this on my own because there was a lack of anything happening to draw new racers in.
DDay #742

This offends me and I would think it would offend some of our early sponsor. "Almost nothing" did you not win your choice of K1 rods? Did you not win tubular control arms? I guess to you this is nothing or have you forgot about that stuff. Other have been happy, I know Ernie was after the his win at the MWBC becasue I was with him on the ride home, just to give you one example. You say you went searching for sponsors all on your own but in 2014 I asked for people to kick in and help, the post is still up. You talk about the Biggest Payout but you need to remember I was raising sponsorship for 5-6 races a year for years. Put that together and see what you get. You have done a very good job on finding sponsors, I give you credit where credit is due. Then again you have won more than any other THS so maybe it is a little self serving.

[QUOTE="11.20n1320, post: 3726901, member: 3656" Also have helped in making some new places to race THS . I would have thought the people who started THS would welcome someone offering to help in trying to grow the class, guess a few feel differently.
DDay #742[/QUOTE]

I also have come up with places to race THS at, you know this as you have raced at them.
For those who do not know it was me (90%) and Ed Mucha (10%) who started THS and as Ed slowly bowed out other such as Collin, David Barclay, Clay Arnold took up the slack. Normally I would have included you D day but as of late I don't think you did it to help but rather as a take attempt. I will openly say this any HELP from anyone is appreciated.

The current RRA has done very little the last few years. I know this because I have done 99% of what the RRA should be doing. This isn't (pick on Kip) as some may think . I'm sure his children and life in general are taking up more of his time, totally understand. I could go into what hasn't been done , but would prefer not to.
DDay #742

Man you went off the deep end here. You have no idea what phone calls, Pms and emails I get and answer. You probably have no idea who brought the turbo plug to BG this year? You say you have done 99% of the RRA stuff in the last couple years but I do not remember you doing any of the rules threads over the years. You have not gotten people mad at you over something as stupid as a THS rule that others voted in. One example of this is mutual friends told me you were furious with me about letting non 200 be voted on.

Well here is my reply as to why I would like to be the RRA. The racers are in charge of the rules, which gives them control by voting , not the RRA. I have nothing but the good of the class in mind. If all the racers feel I should not be the RRA this will be my last year gathering funds . You have to ask yourself what has the current RRA done for the class the last 3 years? Again this is not ( pick on Kip) just some of the facts.

DDay #742

I do not understand you say you have nothing but the good of the class in mind but then turn around and say if you are not the RRA you will quite helping with finding sponsors? How is that helping the class? Sound more like the playground mentality of if things don't go my way I am taking my ball and going home. I hope you stay on and continue to do what you appear to be good at.

[QUOTE="11.20n1320, post: 3726901, member: 3656"
Die hard THS racer from the beginning
DDay #742[/QUOTE]

And for this I thank you.

Well lets take an official vote to this issue as we did concerning the THS rule change. I think it would settle any uncertainties concerning this issue and then we can move forward and continue growing the Buick organization for years to come. The past has nothing to do with the future other than teaching us better ways the conduct business and implementing new processes for continuing growth. Also change is inedible.

Haulz A

Hey kip

I do need a hand getting my valve covers still as prize for THS man winner and it's been awhile now
Can U call Tom (champion) and help a brother out?
I have tried several times man, he writes it down and crickets

I have spent prob 10,000$ with Tom since 2009 also so kinda irks me

Thx
Detomaso

Well lets take an official vote to this issue as we did concerning the THS rule change. I think it would settle any uncertainties concerning this issue and then we can move forward and continue growing the Buick organization for years to come. The past has nothing to do with the future other than teaching us better ways the conduct business and implementing new processes for continuing growth. Also change is inedible.

Haulz A
What are you voting for??? The position is not available, Kip is the RRA. He has never stepped down, never asked for anyone to take his place but like most of us, we help out where we can for the betterment of this class. Whether it's arranging events to race at, sponsorship, or helping out at events. If someone has never helped at an event, I suggest they try it. I believe it will open your eyes to the inner workings.

Hey kip

I do need a hand getting my valve covers still as prize for THS man winner and it's been awhile now
Can U call Tom (champion) and help a brother out?
I have tried several times man, he writes it down and crickets

I have spent prob 10,000$ with Tom since 2009 also so kinda irks me

Thx
Detomaso

Replied to you PM before I saw this.

So whaz up Mr RRA- We are only seven weeks away from the TB.com nationals. We need a roll call count and also inform us on the cash payout for the THS class. Thanks

Haulz A

So whaz up Mr RRA- We are only seven weeks away from the TB.com nationals. We need a roll call count and also inform us on the cash payout for the THS class. Thanks

Haulz A

You should start a roll call thread, not hard to do. Also if you are looking for big cash payouts from Buick racing you should probably look somewhere else.

When I started THS the idea was to have a new class for people who did not have a heads up class to compete in and to have fun. Since this thread started (which I view as a hostile take over attempt) it has been hard for me to see THS in the same fun light. Therefore I am stepping away from being the THS RRA and plan to continue helping Bill Thompson with the new TTS class.
Being that we know D day wants the position and I have heard from him and from others that he will not be racing THS anymore, he is the logical new RRA for THS. Please everyone start directing your question etc. to him.