THS Norwalk Final!

87LC2

Bob Henson beat Collin Hundley in the THS final when Hundley drew the big red eye. More to follow...

I was out after the first round. Mid 11s in a 10 sec field was fun. Getting left at the line not so much. lol.. Had alot of fun thou

Congrats once again to Bob.

Wish it hadn't gone down the way it did, but I had a blast anyway.

THS Finals

I had a nice write-up of Sunday's event and my computer decided that would be a good time to (temporarily) die. And I lost it. Some of my co-horts took pictures, which hopefully will be up here soon. With that being said...

Congratulations to Bob HANSEN (sorry about the missspelling) on his win over Collin Hundley in the THS final at Buick Raceday! Bob took home a gift certificate from HR Parts 'n' Stuff, another from Champion Racing Heads for using Champion products and a payout from the event itself in addition to a handsome trophy (provided for the winner and runner-up courtesy of Adam Calcote). Collin also recieved a trophy and a payout for his efforts.

Jack "JD" DiLorenzo recieved a gift certificate from Alky Control. Marty Happel will get a gift certificate from Excessive Acceleration

Thanks also to Airtron, Bobby Buick Slusser, NAPA St. Louis, and Laura Buick-GMC for the goody bags for the racers. Thank you also to Toth Buick-GMC and Bill Wills.

We had 6 qualify for the race. Eight showed up but 2 DNQ'd for various issues (mechanical, etcetera). The numero uno qualifier was Hundley with a 10.755 et. Coincidentally, number two, 0.009 behind him was Bob Hansen. JD DiLorenzo set top speed of the meet with a speed of 128.38 mph. JD also probably had the longest drive, coming from Florida, for his SECOND THS race this year!

We had 4 new Hot Street racers, Hundley, Marty Happel, Deren McKitrick and Clay Willmont. Welcome aboard. Semi-congrats to Deren who provided us with our first carnage in the class with a broken driveshaft. He took it better than anyone else I have ever seen break something. Get 'er fixed and hopefully we will see you soon! Thank you to all the racers!

Congrats again to Bob. Watch out as he says he'll be back to another THS event or two this year!

Some pics

Attachments

• IMG_0993.jpg
    IMG_0993.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_0994.jpg
    IMG_0994.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_0995.jpg
    IMG_0995.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_0996.jpg
    IMG_0996.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_0999.jpg
    IMG_0999.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 330
Some more

Attachments

• IMG_1000.jpg
    IMG_1000.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_1001.jpg
    IMG_1001.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_1003.jpg
    IMG_1003.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_1004.jpg
    IMG_1004.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 329
More

Attachments

• IMG_1015.jpg
    IMG_1015.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_1021.jpg
    IMG_1021.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_1022.jpg
    IMG_1022.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_1023.jpg
    IMG_1023.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_1024.jpg
    IMG_1024.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 350
Ths

Congrats to Bob and Colin as well as the other racers that make this class more exciting! JD how many hour drive was that? Makes feel like a whimp for not driving the 11 hour drive I would have made. Next race is Bunker Hill , hope to see some of you there.
David Day

Thanks Guys for the push onto the trailer..LOL. I am glad it wasn't worse. Easy fix all things considered. It was bound to happen with stock parts. My 1st launch off the Tbrake that day was in the 1.4's. Should be fixed in time for BPG. Deren

Congrats to Bob and Colin as well as the other racers that make this class more exciting! JD how many hour drive was that? Makes feel like a whimp for not driving the 11 hour drive I would have made. Next race is Bunker Hill , hope to see some of you there.
David Day

We missed seeing you D-Day, but if you were there I'm pretty sure I would have been FAR from #1 Qualifier so at least there was an upside :D

Man that was alot of fun. I just talked to Razor todayon an alky issue and ordered a new fuel pump also to make sure I have no issues. Im not in the 10s YET but I had a blast. Looking forward to Midwest challenge in August

Thanks Guys for the push onto the trailer..LOL. I am glad it wasn't worse. Easy fix all things considered. It was bound to happen with stock parts. My 1st launch off the Tbrake that day was in the 1.4's. Should be fixed in time for BPG. Deren

Best attitude I have seen about breaking something.

Wish I had gone 1.4's.

David Day

total miles 1232 one way,drive time behind the WHEEL 22 hrs!!!!!

Had a great time hope to have convetor issues FIXED and be ready for some STRONG heads up racing REAL SOON!!!!

JD