THS BPG Nationals

87LC2

Thanks to all the racers and sponsors who supported Turbo Hot Street at the BPG Nationals this past weekend in Columbus. Thank you to Sean Ryder and the BPG for hosting our event at their race again!

THS celebrated its one year anniversary with the Columbus event! We qualified a solid eight car field with participants from as far away as Florida and a few who actually drove their cars to the track!

We had six rounds of qualifying; two Friday, two Saturday and two Sunday. After the smoke cleared it broke down as follows:

1) David Day 10.22 @ 133.15
2) JD DiLorenzo 10.46 @ 128.77
3) Bob Hansen 10.74 @ 128.04
4) Chris Cairnforth 11.10 @ 122.18
5) Clay Wilmott 11.41 @ 114.12
6) Kevin Bolger 11.70 @ 114.43
7) Ernie Young 12.95 @ 95.52
8) Darren McKitrick 14.18 @ 108.73

In round one of eliminations Bob Hansen, one of the brave who drove his car to the event, changed tires and gas and raced, faced Kevin Bolger, who is still getting his new ride tuned in. Bob dispatched Kevin 10.81 @ 128+ mph to a 12.16 @ 115 mph. Chris Cairnforth and Clay Wilmott were up next. "The Storm" aka Cairnforth, pushed the tree a little too much and drew the foul giving Wilmott the automatic win. DiLorenzo and Day both solo'd to advance when their opponents did not show (Ernie with a mechanical issue and Darren's transmission was acting up and having to drive the car home (!) he decided to sit it out.)

In the next round Bob Hansen faced JD DiLorenzo with Bob taking the win. JD, by the way, was running his GNX on a diet of pump gas and alcohol all weekend! Day dispatched Wilmott to advance as well.

The final was Bob Hansen and David Day. David gave up a little at the tree but was still able to catch Bob and take the win; 10.19 @ 133.59 to 10.84 @ 128.81.

David and Bob collected special anniversary trophies to commemerate the occasion, in addition to prizes from HRParts'n'Stuff, and the Buick Performance Group.

Thanks to Laura Buick-GMC, Snap-On, NAPA, Shaeffer Oil, Airtron of Dayton - thanks Bobby Buick, and Excessive Acceleration, who all provided goodies for the grab bags and Kip and Tommy for the turbo trophy!

It was great to see everyone again. A big THS welcome to Ernie Young from Muncie, Indiana who made his THS debut in Columbus. Thanks to JD, who continues his nationwide THS tour, for making the trip. To Bob Hansen and Darren McKitrick, who drove to and from the event showing everyone how to go fast with class, and to each and everyone else who ran THS, THANK YOU!

Our next event will be at the Midwest Buick Challenge in Osceola, Indiana in a few weeks. See you there!

ta

I a glad my old junk sbc turbo was used for a good cause, trophy looked great.Wonder what kind of broke parts I will have for the 5th year trophy.

Had a GREAT TIME!!!!

One of these days all the BUGS are going to be out of this car and I hope to be able to have a side by side RACE with SOMEONE!!!!

It was great to see you guys again and meet some new friends.

No sure if MBC is in the cards for me right now but who KNOWS:D:D:D

Thanks JD