THS 3800 Intake

quickt

intake 2.jpg

Some pics of the 3800 ECOTEC Intake. Made the trip from Perth Australia. No luck with a sheet intake in the rules this year so had to find a cast intake.

That would be interesting. Can't wait to see what Lonnie can do with the series 2.

I've been waiting for someone to do this Lonnie. Would you mind taking some pics of the insides with the top off? I'm wondering how the ports are done on it.:)

Since the rules read ANY Buick V6 in ANY passenger vehicle, what about dropping a hairdryer on the 2012 3.6 LFX from a Lacrosse?

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2011/06...ble-in-2012-buick-lacrosse-as-no-cost-option/

The rules are for Buick Based V-6 Engines. The series 1-2-3 3800 are Buick based V-6 engines and are improved versions of the original 3.8. Some parts from the engines will interchange. I believe the 3.6 is a chevy based corporate engine therefore I do not believe it would be a legal choice. Parts from the 3.6 will not interchange with the 3.8 and 3800 engines. Im not the rule guy but that's the way i see it.

Looks like quite a bit of aluminum is ready for removal in that intake for porting :)

The rules are for Buick Based V-6 Engines. The series 1-2-3 3800 are Buick based V-6 engines and are improved versions of the original 3.8. Some parts from the engines will interchange. I believe the 3.6 is a chevy based corporate engine therefore I do not believe it would be a legal choice. Parts from the 3.6 will not interchange with the 3.8 and 3800 engines. Im not the rule guy but that's the way i see it.

Maybe a gray area there since its a V6 in a Buick. Looks like its DOHC and 4 valve with direct injection, might have to be creative to get an aftermarket computer to manage it anyways for a heads up class for fun and I don't know if it would even bolt up to a 200.

Would this manifold flow more evenly to all the cylinders than the stock TB set up?

I remember plenum volume being something the late Bruce Plecan (sp?) discussed a lot.

Looks like there's tons of room for porting Lonnie. It looks like the top and the middle are bolt on which makes it very easy to modify. Looks like you've got a baby stage style engine about to run down the track soon. I like it. Take a few more pics of the port layout Lonnie. I think that will give a few others an eye opening.:D How much was that shipped over here? It looks like a good base for something I've been thinking about for one of my cars.:cool:

This looks very similar to the Downs Ford and Turbo People intakes we were putting Turbo SBFs 15 years ago.

There is no volume in that plenum is there :eek:
Cant wait to see that one Lonnie, should be sweet.

Bryan