Throttle Body Shaft Seals ??

SS/GN

Looking for part # for stock throttle body shaft seals. Don't want to do any mods just replace old stock seals.

Thanks in advance

I replaced mine last year with the ones from gbodyparts.com and they fit without any issue or modification. I was fortunate to have a stock throttle body with very little shaft to housing wear so mine sealed up with no leaks when going a smoke test.

TB SHAFT SEALS

I've got new ones in unopened packaging . Didn't realize that they were not used in my Hot Air TB.
PM me, if you'd like.

Keep in mind these seals are not a direct replacement, you will need to make the Throttle body seal hole just slightly larger since the seals are slightly larger.
I know since the 1st one I ordered I though it was a direct replacement to which it will fit if you forcefully fit it, and then did a vacuum check and it was leaking around the Throttle Body seals.
The 2nd pair I ordered I used an Dremel tool with a Dremel 120 grit sanding band, and lightly going around the Throttle body seal area.
After a few light sanding I would check the seal area diameter using the seals itself for snug fit, no vacuum leaks.
There was a web site who does work and repairs Throttle Bodies, but I just found out that web site is for sale.

Thanks for the heads up, I will measure everything up before I start. Appreciate the info

That was Steve Monroe's Website...... I do Believe ? Apparently, he was the only guy in America that did this work....😢
👀 ing.

Mine were a bit tight but fit without modification to the TB. I used an arbor press to push them in and made a tool to keep the seal aligned and evenly supported when being pressed in. Making sure the seal bore has a slight chamfer is important too, will help get it started. I was surprised how well mine sealed up. I expected a slight leak just due to the nature of the application, but exceeded my expectations.

A LIGHT film of silicone sealer on the od of the seal will help with cutting the chances of leaks...BTDT.

Thanks very much to Lockman, he had some seals he didn't need and sent them to me free. He paid the shipping and people like this is why the Buick form is still the best. Big thanks Lockman and if you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask.
Greatly appreciated.

UPDATE
So here is what I found.
Stock TB seal bore = .660
Gbody seal OD = .675
Aftermarket seal OD (SKF #3645) I found = 691
So your options are to open up the TB to about .673 and use the G body seals. I could not find a cutter with these dimensions . I ordered a 11/16 cutter and machined the TB on a mil. Then I had .0015 press fit and used the SKF #3645.
Hope this helps others down the road.

UPDATE
So here is what I found.
Stock TB seal bore = .660
Gbody seal OD = .675
Aftermarket seal OD (SKF #3645) I found = 691
So your options are to open up the TB to about .673 and use the G body seals. I could not find a cutter with these dimensions . I ordered a 11/16 cutter and machined the TB on a mil. Then I had .0015 press fit and used the SKF #3645.
Hope this helps others down the road.
I had a similar experience on the seals. The other issue I encountered was the end play on the blade shaft. The steel blade shaft wears on the aluminum throttle body housing. I ended up making some bushings to address that issue.

Attachments

• IMG_20220705_130806043~2.jpg
    IMG_20220705_130806043~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20220705_133810339~2.jpg
    IMG_20220705_133810339~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20220705_135011070_HDR~3.jpg
    IMG_20220705_135011070_HDR~3.jpg
    829.5 KB · Views: 46
I had a similar experience on the seals. The other issue I encountered was the end play on the blade shaft. The steel blade shaft wears on the aluminum throttle body housing. I ended up making some bushings to address that issue.
nice to see a post illustrating someone's fine workmanship...getting tired of seeing other threads, newly posted, asking the same questions that have been asked and answered countless times over the decades because few will do their own homework to search for an answer before asking a question for clarification.

glad to see an example of your work....maybe it can be a visual cue to others from which to learn how to do things correctly.