Three letter word searches

1of1547

Village Idiot!!!
JayC or Shane,
Is there anyway that you can set the search database so that three letter words can be searched? Considering 75% of my searches are sensor information related, TPS, IAC, MAT, 3 BAR MAP etc. Without this feature these searches are a pain in the ass. I just did a search on trying to set a TPS on a FAST. Considering most people do not type out sensors names, it took about 25 threads to find what I needed.
Thanks,

Good Luck, I've requested this before times in this forum and never got a responce. I agree 100%, it's tough to search for half of the stuff I want to know.

Try a google search for it.
Go to google.com (I bet you already knew that part)
enter your search terms TPS, IAC, etc, and then enter site:turbobuick.com, kind of like this>>> TPS IAC site:turbobuick.com and hit enter.

It has something to do with how search works on these bulletin boards. I think it would be searching forever or something, that is why you have a minimum of 4 characters for a search. Google and other search engines are better at it.

Yeah, thats great when we have to use an OUTSIDE search engine to make this site work.

But don't cuss, yell, or talk about non paying vendors.. that is WAY more important than actually being able to get useful info on here.

Yeah, thats great when we have to use an OUTSIDE search engine to make this site work.

But don't cuss, yell, or talk about non paying vendors.. that is WAY more important than actually being able to get useful info on here.

Posts: 85..... wow, they start bitching earlier and earlier these days.... :rolleyes: I'm sure Shane and company appreciate your valuable input on this matter.... :rolleyes:

For the record, I too have found myself fighting the 3/4-letter search inhibitor... but I bet there is a reason for it, as most sites behave the same way.... didn't know you could use google like that.... seems easy enough.... will have to file that one for future use..... :smile:

Don't like it? Don't use it. Or better yet, write a better Bulletin Board software.
Most Bulletin Boards are like that. The software can't handle it. It would just get really bogged down and then there would be plenty of complaints about how slow it was.
Google (and other search engines) can handle it because they have lots and lots of computers dedicated to this.

Like Sleep said, ANY kind of response would of been appreciated instead of them just ignoring the initial request. Anytime someone asks an old question, blowhards like you are the first to jump on them and say "its been covered, do a search !' A little hard when the search engine doesn't work. Sometimes you have to complain to get things done, but go ahead and be sheep, I'm sure its your nature. Hell I've done 6 letter searches to no avail, yet found the same search term all over after an exhaustive manual search. Great search engine. As far as ONLY 85 posts, I'm busy working on my car, maybe you should try it sometime on your 'stock' GN, thanks for your "valuable input" :rolleyes: