Thread sealer

T- Type Tim

Vice Chairman
You guys have any special type you like to use other than tape on NPT fittings?

As always your input and experiences are appreciated.

T

ah yes i forgot about that stuff...

yamabond 4 or 5 / i know one is more aggresive...maybe too much for thread sealer?

Thanks for jogging my memory
I found an old tube of the loctite 565 in a cabinet. That’s the stuff I’ve used in the past.

My memory ain’t what it used to be.

Ordered yamabond 5 ( used that stuff on my quad and kicks butt)
And the loctite

Thanks fellas!

ah yes i forgot about that stuff...

yamabond 4 or 5 / i know one is more aggresive...maybe too much for thread sealer?

Not really a matter of aggressive, the black is thinner and the gray is thicker. I don't even grab teflon tape anymore. One drop of that jizz and it not only seals, but lubes the threads going down.

But both work just as good as the other in the 'wrong' applications. The main thing I find so cool about them is that they NEVER go solid in the tube. Instead of learning the hard way you have to jab a hole in the side to get one more use, this stuff gives up every last molecule. No matter how many years it takes to use it up.

That's it's intended use. That and thread sealer.

It's Threebond in a different tube. One that can be bought over the counter at a bike shop.

just to follow up....i used the loctite to seal up all the fittings on the "brass block " area and it worked great.

when i was checking for any oil leaks i heard a vacuum leak coming the throttle body.... sure enough , the vacuum block was leaking, used the yamabond 4 ....stuff is awesome....

thanks for reminding me of that stuff