Thought some of you might find this interesting

That explains why we had the hide under your desk drills back in grade school. I had no idea there were so many.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That explains why we had the hide under your desk drills back in grade school. I had no idea there were so many.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, about as effective as an ostrich hiding his head in the sand. :LOL:
In 2nd-6th grade we actually had a shelter underground. The cafeteria-auditorium was designed that way. At least we knew where we stood in those days.

Yeah, about as effective as an ostrich hiding his head in the sand. :LOL:
In 2nd-6th grade we actually had a shelter underground. The cafeteria-auditorium was designed that way. At least we knew where we stood in those days.

Man, I'll bet that room STANK when it was full o' you little bastards..... :sick:

Little kids DO NOT smell good.

Man, I'll bet that room STANK when it was full o' you little bastards..... :sick:

Little kids DO NOT smell good.

Lol, back then parents made their kids take showers and anything smelled better than when they were serving cream chip beef on toast. Besides the drills never lasted very long so never got to find out. Funny, don't remember but one kid stanking and one who's ears were so f'n dirty the wax from coming out of them. o_O

I did the same drills, you must be 60 or 61. Ours were pull tthose dark green plastic curtains and duck under the desk drills. Always happened in the afternoon in our evap cooled classrooms.......

I can remember coming in from recess after lunch. Mind you, I grew up in Phoenix where it's pretty warm all school year, and the kids around me stunk worse than me. I was't pleasant, I'm sure.

That "take showers" BS you're talking doesn't meet the standards of back then, I was there.

Once you got home from school, Mom was like "go outside until the street lights come on" and then it was "after dinner, do your homework and get to bed. Don't you dare disturb Daddy." No room for a bath or shower in there for a 2nd thru 6th grader. That shit was reserved for your older siblings with Acne, the ones using that Phisohex soap...... :rolleyes:

Oh, and "STAY OFF THE PHONE! Daddy is expecting a BIG phone call, the one that will take all of us away from this crappy life!" ............... (Dad slinks out to the store room to have a little nip........)

AAAAAAHAHAHAHA.

Last edited:
I did the same drills, you must be 60 or 61. Ours were pull tthose dark green plastic curtains and duck under the desk drills. Always happened in the afternoon in our evap cooled classrooms.......

I can remember coming in from recess after lunch. Mind you, I grew up in Phoenix where it's pretty warm all school year, and the kids around me stunk worse than me. I was't pleasant, I'm sure.

That "take showers" BS you're talking doesn't meet the standards of back then, I was there.

Once you got home from school, Mom was like "go outside until the street lights come on" and then it was "after dinner, do your homework and get to bed. Don't you dare disturb Daddy." No room for a bath or shower in there for a 2nd thru 6th grader. That shit was reserved for your older siblings with Acne, the ones using that Phisohex soap...... :rolleyes:

Oh, and "STAY OFF THE PHONE! Daddy is expecting a BIG phone call, the one that will take all of us away from this crappy life!" ............... (Dad slinks out to the store room to have a little nip........)

AAAAAAHAHAHAHA.

We had a really cool sounding alarm for the nuke drill and just the stupid bell for fire. Sometimes we did the in class one and kids were assigned to close the windows and blinds, lights off and hide under the desk like the snow flakes do today when they see someone without a mask. Never had a/c and believe you me that ny can get pretty hot sometimes but now all the little darlings have it.
Half the time I should of said it was a "sponge" bath to save water since we were on a well. Stay off the phone, lol, we had a party line for quite a while and private finally arrived about 69-70. I remember in October of 68 my brother's friend shot him in the leg when they were out hunting and we had the walkie talkies so had to beg these 2 old squaws gossiping on the phone to get off so I could call the popo and ambulance to meet them.
We were always required to take showers after gym and still remember that weird "coach" standing there watching all of us.

Showers after Gym/PE were not required until 6th grade in my neck of the woods........ and yes, there was always the weird "assistant coach" until 8th grade, When we went to high school, you figured it out. No "middle school" out was available in those days. 1 thru 8, tough it out, and then, High School, now you're on your own.

Mom and Dad don't owe you a fucking thing. Figure it out. You make it, or not.

OR, you go to college, and then 4 years later, again, Mom and Dad don't owe you a fucking thing. Figure it out.

Those were the days I grew up in. They SHOULD be the days all kids grow up in now. Fucking wimpy bitches. Mine included.

Scarred of their fucking shadows..........

Last edited:
Showers after Gym/PE were not required until 6th grade in my neck of the woods........ and yes, there was always the weird "assistant coach" until 8th grade, When we went to high school, you figured it out. No "middle school" out was available in those days. 1 thru 8, tough it out, and then, High School, now you're on your own.

Mom and Dad don't owe you a fucking thing. Figure it out. You made it, or not.

OR, you went to college, and then 4 years later, again, Mom and Dad don't owe you a fucking thing. Figure it out.

Those were the days I grew up in. They SHOULD be the days all kids grow up in now. Fucking wimpy bitches. Mine included.

What, you mean they're not entitled to a $50k a year harvard edumacation, that will get you a visit from CPS nowadays. 1-6, 7-9, 10-12 here, that way you get to pay more big shot principals, vice principals, assistance principals, etc, they have a real racket going here and than every district has the $100k plus stupidintendent.
When Mom died Dad got SS survivors benefits for the 2 of us, $269 a month=almost 2k now. He pissed it away on all kinds of crap and on my brother. It ends at 18 or 22 if you go to college. He told me I'd damn well better get a scholarship because he ain't losing that money every month. Had to get my grandmother to get him to buy me a $5 pair of pants for school out of that 269. I quit in 10th grade, lol. Can't really complain, done pretty well for a HS dropout. What's that thing you get that says you have a HS diploma? I did get one of those later on. :)

Some things to take away after watching this.

USA wins again.

This explains a lot about California mindsets and why they are so out there. All of the radiation must have went west.

I am never driving through Nevada. No, not just Nevada, the whole southwest.

I have not really thought about it but I never would have guessed there had been so many. I would have guessed double digits or at most maybe a couple of hundred, but a couple of thousand, wow. And this doesn't include the last 20 something years. This has gotten me curious though. I would like to see more details. How many were under ground, how many were underwater, etc. what they were classified as (atom, hydrogen, neutron) and their yield strength.

IIrc the agreement was signed in the 60s to stop air burst testing. The russians had the biggest one at almost 60 megatons. Now all we do is computer simulation testing of ours which really doesn't compare to telling you if your older ones will pop when you want.
Remember in the late 40s and early 50s the assholes deliberately set off air and ground burst bombs with our infantry nearby to see the results and many died of the exposure for years after. There was a good size air burst one in the South Pacific and was so powerful it created an emp large enough to knock some power out in Hawaii.
Can't believe the nra negotiated on right away to possess tactical nukes! :ROFLMAO:

It would be interesting to see what kind of shape the Russian arsenal is in, their testing dropped off after the collapse.
For all of the moonbat crazy russia hoaxsters, they are too fucking dumb to look up the collusion between el presidente clintone and the Chinese. (Untold amounts of Chinese money pored into the DNC during Billy's tenure- fact) Billy let Loral space corp launch US satellites on Chinese rockets, of which many crashed. Guess who cleaned up the sites and stole US hardened chip technology, that's right the Chinese. Then instead of getting the hardware back and stopping this nonsense, he allowed the technology to just simply be transferred to the Chinese. His state department would not authorize the transfer, so he signed an executive order putting it under the jurisdiction of the commerce department, problem solved, tech went to the Chinese. Prior to the Billy the Rapist, the Chinese launched their Ballistic missiles by pointing the silo in the direction they wanted the missile to go and calculating the rocket burn needed to hit the target. Not very accurate. After Billy the rapist, the Chinese were able to leap frog ahead and develop guidance systems and the hardened chip technology to accurately strike targets in the US. Coincidentally, the hardened chip technology that survives in space, and the guidance technology to launch satellites, also works to guide nuclear ballistic missiles, go figure.

"Billy the Rapist", that has a nice ring to it............. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Kinda like "Robbery Hillham" does......... :cautious: