This should be a sticky

I don't know why any of this is a surprise to anyone. It's been pretty well documented over the years that Fram filters are absolute crap. Far less filter media, weak filter media, etc. etc.

It's pretty bad when the new AcDelco filters are still better than the Fram filters! Only use Wix here!

I was surprised about the K&N filter. I always thought they were a little bit of hype. Looks like they are not. That being said, I always use WIX or Napa Gold filters. I may just get the regular Napa now.

I've been using napa silver filters for years. They are a great value and about $2 ea at the napa distribution centers. I buy 10-15 at once. I've also used K&N and they were very good but the value is not there. Most filters out there are cheap crap. I've never used a fram oil filter. Delco filters have been crap for years too. They were good at one time but those days are goners

Last edited:
Agreed, AC Delco filters have become absolute crap since their manufacturing has moved to china. Yes, K&N (STP is the same filter) are very high quality, but as Bison said, not a good value because of the premium pricing policy.
I personally prefer and use Baldwin, one of the highest quality on the market, but you have to find a good value to make them worthwile. I get mine from an ACE Hardware store on my occasional trips to WI. The Baldwins carry one of if not the highest "burst strength" and strongest internals on the market.
Baldwin B35S to replace PF 52. And for the biggie users, Baldwin B9

This PF52 AC Delco has 54 pleats. The only thing I don't like about these are the quality of the rubber on the drain back ring. As well as the country of Origin!!

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1394419155.913740.jpg

Baldwin B35-S are $7/ea on Amazon Prime (free shipping) right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

What about the Bosch filters? I get these for free from my brother in laws shop.

Stay away from K&N oil filters they made my engine knock do to no oil pressure. The filter was blocking the oil passages and was starving my engine of oil. Opened a dispute with K&N and sent them my bad filter and with their testing of my filter they concluded that it was installer error and was not primed before the install. Really? Like I never have done an oil change in my life?

Installed a Wix and never had a problem ever since!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app