This place has been dead.

I dont use FB but I can see how people choose that over this. I'd imagine seeing a notification post from mom, the guy checks it out but sees posts about the buick. Why change apps to come here when all the action is there right in your feed?

I dont use FB but I can see how people choose that over this. I'd imagine seeing a notification post from mom, the guy checks it out but sees posts about the buick. Why change apps to come here when all the action is there right in your feed?

And that is the crux of the problem. I don't know of any message board sites that are "booming". Every site I'm a member of is pretty much dead. It's so bad that sometimes I wonder if it is me??? :unsure: Cause I have a way of shutting a thread down. :eek: Seriously, try finding someone posting on a LS4 or a Dodge Ram board. It's pretty much a no go. They're all on FB now. Oh and trust me, the FB experts are no where near the level of knowledge of the folks on this site. Some of the "advice" they give is so far out there that even I know it's bs. And like it has been said, try finding something a couple of days old on FB. It's nearly impossible. That's why these boards are so valuable. You can go back and find things you have seen, sometimes from years ago and you can pretty much trust it because if it is bs it gets called out pretty quick on the boards. But nobody wants to take the time to get the heck off of the train wreck that is FB and get back to the slower pace of the boards.

Hmm, I was just thinking, who's running those facebook groups? Wouldnt it be something if it was the old guys that ran these boards? lol

Damn you can spell, wish I could
I was being facetious lol
damn, you can spell. I use to be able to , no longer still recognize the words but can’t spell them. Something to do with the brain blood barrier. When they have a machine pump your blood when they disconnect your heart.

I just put a post on my FB page, guys asks about KC valvebody....instead of writing him a novel I told him to come here and search, his reply "Gee thanks".

I just put a post on my FB page, guys asks about KC valvebody....instead of writing him a novel I told him to come here and search, his reply "Gee thanks".

Don't you think you should of asked me first, it was supposed to be just between you and me. :ROFLMAO:

Damn you can spell, wish I could

damn, you can spell. I use to be able to , no longer still recognize the words but can’t spell them. Something to do with the brain blood barrier. When they have a machine pump your blood when they disconnect your heart.
If you didnt tell me I wouldnt have known. Thank goodness for spellcheck and modern medicine huh? :ROFLMAO:

Man I just delt with a guy online who grilled me about a hobby. I was like dude, I'm not going to sit here and write a book, buy one itll be easier. Then he questioned why I couldnt give him a basic rundown. I felt like I offended him about it. In the best answer is already out there.

People just want answers, they dont care if you gotta spend 30 minutes typing it out. And good lawd you forget something...'you dont know what you're talking about!' Haha.

Any updates on if posts will be editable?
It would be nice if people could reupload pics on all these tech/how to posts.

Man I just delt with a guy online who grilled me about a hobby. I was like dude, I'm not going to sit here and write a book, buy one itll be easier. Then he questioned why I couldnt give him a basic rundown. I felt like I offended him about it. In the best answer is already out there.

People just want answers, they dont care if you gotta spend 30 minutes typing it out. And good lawd you forget something...'you dont know what you're talking about!' Haha.
it seems to me anyways ... most just want an instant answer.. and dont care to take the time to research or try to learn for themselves .... especially the younger generation ...guess its a sign of the times :cautious:

You forgot to tell them right tighty, lefty loosy hahaha

it seems to me anyways ... most just want an instant answer.. and dont care to take the time to research or try to learn for themselves .... especially the younger generation ...guess its a sign of the times :cautious:

Any updates on if posts will be editable?
It would be nice if people could reupload pics on all these tech/how to posts.

Yes! I have a post or two I’d like to fix. And there’s hundreds of posts that I would find useful but make me sad every time I click on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's really bad is the vast majority of questions don't even have an answer, must less an instant answer. They OP just didn't give enough data in the initial question.

Seriously, go to FB and find a tech thread. Someone can ask a question with nowhere near enough data to narrow down the issue. Under that will be 20 'answers', none of which are correct.

I seriously though about making a .jpg with ''you need valve springs, rocker buttons, fuel pump, hotwire kit, timing set, oil pickup, vacuum lines, check valves, plugs, wires, 60s, matching chip, all the fluids, spring cleaning, blah, blah, blah'' just to keep from having to type it over and over on all the ''I just got my first GN, what's the biggest turbo I can put on it?' posts'.

What's really bad is the vast majority of questions don't even have an answer, must less an instant answer. They OP just didn't give enough data in the initial question.

Seriously, go to FB and find a tech thread. Someone can ask a question with nowhere near enough data to narrow down the issue. Under that will be 20 'answers', none of which are correct.

I seriously though about making a .jpg with ''you need valve springs, rocker buttons, fuel pump, hotwire kit, timing set, oil pickup, vacuum lines, check valves, plugs, wires, 60s, matching chip, all the fluids, spring cleaning, blah, blah, blah'' just to keep from having to type it over and over on all the ''I just got my first GN, what's the biggest turbo I can put on it?' posts'.
that s a great idea on the .jpg.. and add righty tighty..lefty loosey...with a can of beer :p

And the old guys thought my generation was bad, at least we respect and listen to the older guys, we may give them hell at times but the respect is always there.

The new generation? Those fools think they invent everything, everything from the past is outdated and needs to be reworked because they can do it better.

Plus they love giving answers to questions they dont know answers to. It's like they see, they react, no matter how ignorant they are. When you say 'hold up, all wrong' now youre the bad guy for disrespecting them. :ROFLMAO: