This place has been dead.

"Oh and Facebook is sh!t. I deleted my account months ago. Best decision I made".
I have never been on the "social media" sites.
A toxic old bastard like me, probably wouldn't last long, anyway.:rolleyes:
Furthermore, there's enough personal data being mined, that I see no reason to be there.
If I want to communicate, there's a fone, or email. That's bad enough.
With all the robocall bullshit floating around, I have turned the ans machine off. And, if the caller ID isn't showing up, it doesn't get answered.

Back under my rock....;)

"Oh and Facebook is sh!t. I deleted my account months ago. Best decision I made".
Furthermore, there's enough personal data being mined, that I see no reason to be there.
With all the robocall bullshit floating around, I have turned the ans machine off. And, if the caller ID isn't showing up, it doesn't get answered.

Back under my rock....;)

I’m a enterprise engineer and cloud architect. I deal a lot with security when designing infrastructure. It’s really eye opening when you see 10s of 1000s of tries being blocked by the firewall from Iraq, Iran, Russia, etc. Also, companies use email trackers to track location, if the email was opened, etc. You sign consent to that when you click “Agree” in most cloud services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a shame. I think people are frustrated after the last server incident, lost posts and photos and general quirkiness of the site. I’d love to be able to contribute to make things solid again and get users back. One of the things I love about these cars is the community and having all the best users migrate to FB is painful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't use Facebook. I was told so much info rolls though it, you can't find it the next day. It's buried in other crap. True or false?
I only got on there for the sale stuff... most of it is drama and silly ... a lot of guys who are clueless and disrespectful ... I would say mostly true ...

I don't use Facebook. I was told so much info rolls though it, you can't find it the next day. It's buried in other crap. True or false?

TRUE

Same regurgitated crap repeated. Practically zero reliable info. I signed up for a motorcycle related group. Also belong to a few TR & G-Body groups. Has yet to be worth the effort.

I deleted fakebook several years ago and never been back since.Too much BS then and its 10 fold now, Sux that a lot of the good guys on here left. I miss the tech and testing posts(Bison) we use to have, i dont do much testing and experimenting anymore so it would be good see some of the newer guys do some stuff and post up.

Back under my rock....;)

Ha, from your reply you're sure not under a rock but out from it and understand what the real world is. :cool:

now that this thread is full of Facebook adds. Lol.
It’s all good. I know it cost money to keep this ship floating. I say to myself all the time.
“How the hell does Shane do it ?” Specially now that people have migrated over to FB.
The valuable info is stored here.

A lot of nonsense on Facebook. That’s for sure. It’s a new level of intelligent’s. Lol!

now that this thread is full of Facebook adds. Lol.
It’s all good. I know it cost money to keep this ship floating. I say to myself all the time.
“How the hell does Shane do it ?” Specially now that people have migrated over to FB.
The valuable info is stored here.

A lot of nonsense on Facebook. That’s for sure. It’s a new level of intelligent’s. Lol!
we can only hope and try to make sure all this knowledge lives on...and the old school guys keep sharing and passing down their knowledge of what they have learned to those who embrace our passion for turbo Buicks...

Every chance I get , I tell people on FB to come here for searchable answers to their questions . Plus on here you can kind of get a feeling for someones experience with their profile & signature .

Ha, from your reply you're sure not under a rock but out from it and understand what the real world is. :cool:

I try to "keep up".
I'm fortunate in one way, in I've been around longer than most of the folks I interact with. Good/bad, who knows!
At 81, long term memory serves me much better than near term. I guess it's living "in the past", that is making this journey an interesting one.
{I remember my addy, when I was 6 yrs old, but forget my cell fone #, at times!} :D
I consider myself the luckiest person on the planet.....I was born in the greatest country, in the world, the USA!:cool: