This is what happens when you set bearing clearances right

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
This is what happens when you force the engine builder (or do it yourself)....if you dont have Nick or someone else in your backyard to set up your clearance right.

I performed the EB cover mods, with the extra hole drilled into the oil passage. Mains set at .015 rods set at .020

Hot engine oil idle 875 RPM 5W30. Highway speed 50 psi 2500 rpm

20150427_080520_resized.jpg

Nice. I have similar results. I get 25-28 at idle hot (180) with .018 on mains and .020 on rods. I also did my own Earl Brown mod and melling high volume pump.

I'm going to be in this boat in the next month or so. I need to polish my crank and measure and install new bearings. Any chance are you in NC and want to help with mine? Good job man.

I'm going to be in this boat in the next month or so. I need to polish my crank and measure and install new bearings. Any chance are you in NC and want to help with mine? Good job man.
I was lucky enough to have a standard crank that the builder put standard bearings in that measured originally at .0025. So the math was simple for me. Use .001 under, and it was set right where it needed to be. So it seemed I was a wiz at this, but actually not. Maybe just lucky. Now as for the timing cover port.....I got good at it.

Keep in mind, oil pressure is nice but not the whole deal. If you plug the cam feed you could have 1000+ psi! Flow is just as,if not more, important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind, oil pressure is nice but not the whole deal. If you plug the cam feed you could have 1000+ psi! Flow is just as,if not more, important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
of course...however prior to me doing this.... having 8 psi of pressure when it is 60* outside at idle makes for a very nervous summer. My thoughts, if you perform the EB mods on a cover, and drill the additional hole in the cover to bring the oil into the low side of the gears that creates more volume. Couple those mods with correct clearance on the bearings, I run a canton oil filter with a ton of flow (something ridiculous GPM) So in my opinion my engine is getting not only great oil pressure but also flow....with a lighter weight oil I may add. Which turns into more HP because of the lesser resistance.