This board

gnxtc2

Staff member
Ever since the "upgrade", TB.com really turned to the pits. :frown: :frown: :frown:The color layout is junk, it's slow, the main forum page is 125% size, search feature is the worst, etc, etc. And now we have all these ads. And I'm not the only one that thinks this. And now we have snowflakes beside the threads.

I used to like coming on this board but now it's a turnoff

I say bring back the old site.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

popcornemoticon.gif
popcorn2.gif
popcorn.gif
drama.gif

It makes viewing it from my Android a bit harder but hopefully the App will fix that. The sidebar to the left throws everything off. I forget all about that stuff if a thread gets interesting enough though. Its dry around this time of year. It picks back up in February/ March since the parts orders get placed and the work starts to get done. The search just needs an adjustment and the old layout is gone from what I understand.

Ever since the "upgrade", TB.com really turned to the pits. :frown: :frown: :frown:The color layout is junk, it's slow, the main forum page is 125% size, search feature is the worst, etc, etc. And now we have all these ads. And I'm not the only one that thinks this. And now we have snowflakes beside the threads.

I used to like coming on this board but now it's a turnoff

I say bring back the old site.

X2!, unfortunately, I couldn't agree more! :mad: It was great before, why did it "get fixed"? :rolleyes:

Claude. :rolleyes:

The site has worked pretty good for the last few months but a few bugs have creeped in lately. Looks like they were fixed. As far as the color and other items, I'm still getting used to a few things. I don't want to get banned again for complaining so I don't anymore. Wish you could chose what forums you want to view though.

I'm not defending anyone here, but the support for the previous VB version is gone. It was either upgrade to the newer version or kill the board off. There's still lots of work to do to the new format and I know Jay's been working on it constantly and has even gotten a VB trouble shooter on board to help out. The old board and colors are gone so get over it.

I agree that the new board is a pain but so are other things in life. They're trying to get everything working right but it will take time to learn how to do it. As a mod I can't even kill off a stinking spammer right now so think how frustraiting it is when all you can do is report it.:mad:

I am starting to get used to it. Didn't like it at first but I accept it now. Seems to run pretty fast on my Droid x2 phone connected to my home wifi. The one thing I can't figure out since the change is uploading pics from my phone. Used to be easy now I can't get it to work.

Not feeling it either but kept that to myself. I don't like the quick navigation pull down menu as it doesn't even start from the forum that you are in, starts at the very begining, and my last pet pieve is, why did you get rid of the turbotrader ratings??? That was a good thing to have when you get to view someones transactions before making a decision whether or not you are going to business with them. Seems silly to lose such a good feature and leave a lot of people vulnerable.

I can not even remember what the other site looked like. The only thing I would change would be for the users not to give advice because it is what they read instead of what they actually experienced.

Still a work in progress... The speed issue has been up and down... Seems to be faster today. Jay did some server work yesterday!

I don't like the damn snow flakes either...

Its the slowest website I visit by far, and like was mentioned by Billy the first page is too wide (usually), then you go into a forum (after several seconds to get there) and its more narrow than the screen. Was this just the cheapest board available? It can't even keep up with the scroller most of the time.

WHy doesnt everyone migrate to t6p until it ges fixed here, I can gurantee you that site is smoking fast with the amount of traffic we have over there :D

WHy doesnt everyone migrate to t6p until it ges fixed here, I can gurantee you that site is smoking fast with the amount of traffic we have over there :D

I've heard that It's just a bunch of inbred WACKOs that hang out there, because they can't seem to get any respect here.:eek:
f58c0720-1aea-4a6d-ac37-4ae4a0aa779.jpg

Plus, all the respectable people like myself, have been locked out.;) hint hint...

Mike Barnard

I've heard that It's just a bunch of inbred WACKOs that hang out there, because they can't seem to get any respect here.:eek:
f58c0720-1aea-4a6d-ac37-4ae4a0aa779.jpg

Plus, all the respectable people like myself, have been locked out.;) hint hint...

Mike Barnard

I will ban Charlie and Ronnie, that will take care of the inbred problem :biggrin:

Thats pretty funny considering theyre on the same server.

Well then why does it still work like it did in 2005 (minus all the traffic :biggrin:) and this place is doing what it is?

Because there isnt any traffic and its an older version of the software. The database is tremendously smaller than this forum as well.

Ideally what needs to happen here is this site needs to run on multiple servers but we cant do that because the site wouldnt pay for itself every month if we had to pay two hosting fees.

I dont really like VB4 either but its either that or stick with an old version of software thats unsupported.

t6p works great, so lets just rename it TB.COM and everything is fixed :D with better smilies to boot :p