Thinking of buying this for the wife

How can it have oil pressure if its not running? Is the tach broke or he just shut it off?

How can it have oil pressure if its not running? Is the tach broke or he just shut it off?

Alot of the old gauges like that would "freeze" in the last position before the ingnition was turned off. I had two MCSS and they would freeze like that, and then reset to zero when the key was turned back on.

Photos always make a car look better than it really is, BUT it does look very well kept. If it's within reasonable driving distance, I'd go take a look if I were you.

Take it for a drive & see how bad it sqeaks & rattles (all 3rd gens do) It's a matter of how bad, and that will give a good indication of how it's been treated. I know of some cars near me that the owner keeps them so clean you could eat off the car anywhere, but beat the living f^ck out of it.

It's a Chevy V8, 150k isn't nothing if it's been maintained good. At a 150k though the chassis is getting worn, as is the trans. Find out if either has had replaced parts or a rebuild.

Most important: it's your money...

He claims it's as good of condition in person as it is in pics.He seems alot like me a (detail freak)It does not have any mod's done to it so maybe it will be nice.It is 6hrs. from me.

He claims it's as good of condition in person as it is in pics.He seems alot like me a (detail freak)It does not have any mod's done to it so maybe it will be nice.It is 6hrs. from me.

Of course he said that, he trying to sell the car. As said above, i wouldnt worry about the engine as much as the body itself. It might look amazing and run/drive awesome, but that structure can get pretty weak by 150k and the T-tops make it even worse. My brother had an 89 IROC in high school with 70-75k miles on it and a hardtop and it rattled like crazy!!! Could only imagine double the miles with T-Tops.

Also, that is probably one of the least desirable color combos out there and the 305/Auto isnt helping it. Front splitter needs a respray as well. Its probably worth $3000 tops to someone who really wants it, I wouldnt pay much more than that, especially this time of year.

Just my opinion, good luck with whatever you decide.

Front splitter?What is that?He was asking $6000.00,I got him to $4000.00,I tried hard for $3800.00,but it was not happening.

:D:D:D
demotivational_poster_iroc_z.jpg

Jus' kiddin'!

I passed it up,if anyone see's one of these for sale with grey interior,and prefer a 5 speed please let me know,if not a 5 speed would like the 350.Thanks

PM sent..... You should at least check with your pal to see if he has one to trade! LOL

Or...... He's been annoited "King 'O the Trailer Park" and has no time for poor serfs anymore......:D