Thinking about selling the GN for this... Please talk me out of it

Sell it!!! I got my eye on the z/28 coming out soon.. once its does my GN goes up for sale. I went 11.3 in it, kicked ass at the strip and now I want somthing new. GNs are fun but im tired of always buying alky and paying an arm and a leg for parts.... cars are toys to me I don't understand how folks get attached to them Lol.. you may love a GN but it doesn't love you back..
I would like to see u own that z28. . And get a good deal. Dealers will add a "market adjustment" and u will pay 10k over sticker. So u will be in ur car for 85-90k. . . Have a 1500 payment that u will be married too for 6 years. . . Lol... been there done that.... still came back to black.. gn that is! Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I would like to see u own that z28. . And get a good deal. Dealers will add a "market adjustment" and u will pay 10k over sticker. So u will be in ur car for 85-90k. . . Have a 1500 payment that u will be married too for 6 years. . . Lol... been there done that.... still came back to black.. gn that is! Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I would like to see myself own it too.. Lol..

Zl1 is badass, I drove one. But the only complaint is blind spots. Everything else is kickass, and if they make a convertible. Don't get one. I heard they are too noisy

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

6894562561x65.jpg
6894562581x65.jpg
6894562581x65.jpg
6894562629x65.jpg
6894562799x65.jpg
This is the one that i was looking at...

Attachments

• 6894562493x640.jpg
    6894562493x640.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 6894562517x640.jpg
    6894562517x640.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 141
Don't sell the GN for a Camaro...ZL-1 or Z28. Not worth the trade off. Yes, they can be tuned for really good power, but they (Camaros) are everywhere. Your car is amazing! Now, if you had asked about selling for a CTS-V.............lol.

BTW-My cars love me back too! :)

No way. I admit a dark grey ZL1 is a pretty nice looking car but there's no WAY it turns heads like the legendary Grand National does. Not a chance in hell. All those Camaros are are a "I gotta get me one too" car. New fangled supercars are just like Miley Cyrus, a flash in the pan. They come out, wow everyone around them, then fade away in about 7-9 years, then whaddya got-an 80,000 dollar paper weight sittin in the garage. Still not turning anyone's heads when you pull up. Screw that.

You already own the GN, and it will ALWAYS turn a head. And not only that, they always mumble under their breaths to each other about what is, as if they've just witnessed Jesus Christ himself decending from Heaven, but are too afraid to say anything out loud. These cars spark mystery, debate, and even drama. There's a ton of history about how someone knew someone that had one, or the ever popular I just bought an '87 Mustang right off the showroom floor, and got my ass handed to me sideways by one of those black Regals the next day. The ass whoopins these put down on the streets have been talked about in the same light as other legends like Excalibur the sword, or the flying Dutchman. Do you know how many times I've pulled up to a light on the street next to two guys in a muscle car, and seen the passenger lean over and say "dude, don't try that car". (much to my dismay of course.) How often do you hear that in a Camaro? Everyone will try a Camaro at one point in a race, but not everyone wants to try a Grand National. Can you imagine a car that actually scares other people? I can only think of one...

I know that there's more to a car than just overall speed. There's insulation from outside noise, smooth ride, nice radio, tight handling, good heat and air, comfy seats, etc etc. But don't let that deter you. The Regal can have all that too. You just gotta make it that way. Don't be "that guy" at the car show; the 70 year old with his old whateveritis car behind him, talking about how he had a 70 440 cuda, and sold it for 4 grand when it got 90,000 miles on the clock, after it was like ten years old, and now TERRIBLY regrets it. Don't do it... I contemplated selling mine, but I came to my senses, when I realized I should just build a 4 car garage and work on it when I want to, instead of stressing out over it.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1382118523.089086.jpg

This is the only car I'd sell my Gn for and it has turbos Hennessy motorsports over a 1,000 horsepower and yeah about 100,000 bucks lol but man I haven't seen a car this sick since the Gn came out

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Keep the GN and purchase a 5.0 mustang. Half the price, loves mods, still fun. You'll be tired of the mustang and the camaro in 6 years anyway.

Don't be "that guy" at the car show; the 70 year old with his old whateveritis car behind him, talking about how he had a 70 440 cuda, and sold it for 4 grand when it got 90,000 miles on the clock, after it was like ten years old, and now TERRIBLY regrets it. Don't do it... I contemplated selling mine, but I came to my senses, when I realized I should just build a 4 car garage and work on it when I want to, instead of stressing out over it.

Well as you guys get older your minds will change. I have had a LOT the old toys form the 60/70.s.. 66 GT350's, GT 350s/500's, 70 Mach 1 CJ's, 65 BB Corvette, and many more. My all time want/need to have car was a 65 427 Cobra. Bought one in 1976 !!! Sold it in 1980 ish. Don't regret sellin anyone of them. Its a damm car !! If I want another I can just go buy it.
Had a LOT of GN's, T's, Limited T's and a few TTA's (wife had a new one in 89) . Had a summer fleet and a winter fleet !! Hell one of the most fun cars I have owned was the TTA . Nobody knew what they were back then. What a blast we had with that car !
Now today I still have a few Buicks around here someplace :p BUT my most fun car up to this point is my 88 RX7/Buick. What a hell ride this is !!!! Then again I keep lookin over to the new GT 500's !! I'd go with a convertible. Dog likes em better.
Sooooo If I were you I'd have that Camaro in the driveway !!!!!:D

Well as you guys get older your minds will change. I have had a LOT the old toys form the 60/70.s.. 66 GT350's, GT 350s/500's, 70 Mach 1 CJ's, 65 BB Corvette, and many more. My all time want/need to have car was a 65 427 Cobra. Bought one in 1976 !!! Sold it in 1980 ish. Don't regret sellin anyone of them. Its a damm car !! If I want another I can just go buy it.
Had a LOT of GN's, T's, Limited T's and a few TTA's (wife had a new one in 89) . Had a summer fleet and a winter fleet !! Hell one of the most fun cars I have owned was the TTA . Nobody knew what they were back then. What a blast we had with that car !
Now today I still have a few Buicks around here someplace :p BUT my most fun car up to this point is my 88 RX7/Buick. What a hell ride this is !!!! Then again I keep lookin over to the new GT 500's !! I'd go with a convertible. Dog likes em better.
Sooooo If I were you I'd have that Camaro in the driveway !!!!!:D

But not a lot of people have your, what appears to be, an expendable income, where they can replace whatever car they want. For most mortals, that one 'cuda, or GN, or GT500 was it-their savings that they saved up for a while to get while they didn't have a lot of other committments. Once that liquid cash goes, it seems that the car gets sold for a little less cash than they bought it for, to go torwards something else that doesn't have to do with cars, like a remodel, or a new roof or college money. Once that's done, it's over. They'll never have another hotrod again. I mean, they could, but at that point in their life they're probably going to have to justify that purchase to someone higher like their teenage kids or wife, in which case they're most likely going to say no, you don't need a "toy" car. And that's that. The last hotrod they'll ever have. And it's not that bad until they show up at a car show years later and see the car they used to have. Screw that. I have enough regret in my life, I don't need any more. Keep it for another ten years. Slowly start to accumulate stock parts for it on the side, and if you decide to sell it then, put her back to as stock as possible, sell off the performance parts on here, and get a lot more money for it :)

But not a lot of people have your, what appears to be, an expendable income, where they can replace whatever car they want. For most mortals, that one 'cuda, or GN, or GT500 was it-their savings that they saved up for a while to get while they didn't have a lot of other committments. Once that liquid cash goes, it seems that the car gets sold for a little less cash than they bought it for, to go torwards something else that doesn't have to do with cars, like a remodel, or a new roof or college money. Once that's done, it's over. They'll never have another hotrod again. I mean, they could, but at that point in their life they're probably going to have to justify that purchase to someone higher like their teenage kids or wife, in which case they're most likely going to say no, you don't need a "toy" car. And that's that. The last hotrod they'll ever have. And it's not that bad until they show up at a car show years later and see the car they used to have. Screw that. I have enough regret in my life, I don't need any more. Keep it for another ten years. Slowly start to accumulate stock parts for it on the side, and if you decide to sell it then, put her back to as stock as possible, sell off the performance parts on here, and get a lot more money for it :)

hahahaha... expendable income ??? It really wasn't! Oh I also had a very understanding wife. :D We used the cars as DRIVER's except the Cobra. After we got it they went to crazy $$$$.. I sold a lot of parts even back then. Also a lot of side jobs. We kept on moving up the food chain in cars. Then it all went into a house. So it was sort of an investment. Ya I did get burnt out on cars for quite a while. Then the good Buicks came out in 86/87. The sickness started all over. :rolleyes: I will add everything I have is for sale! My daughter wanted to get me that # plate. My kids grew up with all the old "junk" .
To me if someone wants something bad enuff they can do anything they make there mind up to.. Like a new Shelby/Camaro. :p
Now back to the thread .. If ya want the nice new Camaro GET IT !!!!

I say just figure out what you want. Do you want a classic head turner that gets you all the attention in the world? Ir a fun driver that has a warranty and is fairly trouble free? I love my GN and put a stupid amount of work into it, but at the end of the day you still feel that 80's Regal in it and there is always something wrong. That car has been the source of a lot of stress for me. Would I sell it for whatever I can get for it to get rid of it? HELL NO! But in a few years it will probably go to a new home after I've had my enjoyment out of it. It has been annoying to have the GN and also a '90 CRX as a daily driver. I love the CRX to death, but am fed up with the crappy parts available for it. I spend way too much time replacing defective parts store crap. Part of me wanted to ditch the GN and the CRX, and use that money towards a new GT 500. But I compromised. I am selling the CRX, keeping the GN, and got this as my new DD>

PPiMAtyiHnrKy_mtCSItqVZYASrEW-1TRxTk5VKqbVo=w1277-h827-no