Thinking about selling the GN for this... Please talk me out of it

another explain to his g/f that it was the fastest production car, ect...(which actually surprised me)...and here I was in the gas station parking lot broke down! Wow, it was kind of strange.
Yep, it's still the fastest production car even when it's broke down :D That's cool! Yeah I was surprised how many people stopped to see if I needed help and I was parked in a bank parking lot on Sunday!

Dave, no not planning on Noble this year, got alot of things coming up this month...SRT Track Day from Dodge, included in the price of the car...and a wedding to go to in Michigan.

I waited many years to buy mine. Always wanted one and now i have it. I will never sell it. And with this site and all the people willing to help, you cant beat it. I say keep her.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm still pretty new to the turbo buick community, but it seems to be one of the closest and most helpful groups of people out there...that's hard to beat in my book!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I'm still pretty new to the turbo buick community, but it seems to be one of the closest and most helpful groups of people out there...that's hard to beat in my book!!!
Yep, I knew nothing about my car for the first 8 or 9 years I had it until the internet took off and this site was born some approx 15 yrs ago! I knew about SBC's, but not about LC2's.
There's forums for the new muscle cars but you will quickly find that most of those folks aren't real DIY gear heads that try to fix something themselves.

That said, I did find the issue with my car, the crank sensor fins are all broke off per my other thread....so is an easy fix as I have a spare sensor, just didn't have time tonight to fix it and try to start it.

Love my gn too but it is hard to argue what is coming out nowadays. The golden age is back.....I bought my wife a used g8-gt.....I love that car.....I did wheels, exhaust, tune, springs......that car is a blast. Makes me want one throw a huffer on it and call it a day. I write service at a big Hendrick Chevy dealership. I have driven them all, zl1's are nice, 08' and up z06's are bad ass, the new c7's are really nice. I have a black z51 with red interior that is just sick........I still say the 08' and up z06 offers the best bang for the buck. 80 to 160 pulls a magical........Lol good luck. I can't blame you. In all honesty I have driven a couple coyote 5.0 mustang too....lemme say no joke, also driven a 2012 srt 8 6.4 hemi that ran really good. I can see why guys are starting to flock towards some of Detroit's latest offerings. They are modern day gn's so to speak. I'll still give the nod to the gn, but I am with you for looking hard at what's out there. I am envious of the wife's ride, but she deserves a toy. Lol good luck

Attachments

• 1381202213362.jpg
    1381202213362.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 154
I was watching Jay Leno's garage and he was reviewing a 2010 Camaro, he went on to say that the '10 V6 Camaro offering was faster than a '69 396 equipped one. There is no denying what is going on nowadays and he had a good point about people he knew that died in car wrecks back then that would've walked away nowadays. I guess it comes down to rarity and character -which has its price however if you go to any car forum and browse the tech boards its all doom n gloom. When guys start monkeying with engines and beatin' on them theres gonna be problems no matter if its 30yrs old or 1yr old.

Love my gn too but it is hard to argue what is coming out nowadays. The golden age is back.....I bought my wife a used g8-gt.....I love that car.....I did wheels, exhaust, tune, springs......that car is a blast. Makes me want one throw a huffer on it and call it a day. I write service at a big Hendrick Chevy dealership. I have driven them all, zl1's are nice, 08' and up z06's are bad ass, the new c7's are really nice. I have a black z51 with red interior that is just sick........I still say the 08' and up z06 offers the best bang for the buck. 80 to 160 pulls a magical........Lol good luck. I can't blame you. In all honesty I have driven a couple coyote 5.0 mustang too....lemme say no joke, also driven a 2012 srt 8 6.4 hemi that ran really good. I can see why guys are starting to flock towards some of Detroit's latest offerings. They are modern day gn's so to speak. I'll still give the nod to the gn, but I am with you for looking hard at what's out there. I am envious of the wife's ride, but she deserves a toy. Lol good luck

I would love for my 68 to turn out like your 69...very nice!

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Walk away from the GN and give yourself some time to think. One of the worst things people can do is make decisions when we're frustrated. I agree with all points about the GN being worth the trouble. If you own a 20+ year old vehicle, don't be surprised when it breaks down. Nothing lasts forever, so we all should expect these kinds of things. We all knew what we were getting into, yet we did it anyway. Now who regrets buying their turbo Buick? Not me...and mine broke down 30 mins after I bought it! Had one guy say "nice Monte, did you do this interior" :rolleyes: and another explain to his g/f that it was the fastest production car, ect...(which actually surprised me)...and here I was in the gas station parking lot broke down! Wow, it was kind of strange.

I've been 3 weeks and counting on my WE4's turbo problem - and while I've thought about looking at it crossly, the thought never crossed my mind to sell it. I've missed some really great fall cruising weather, nice cool mornings for warp speed etc. Stinks to be me right now.
But one thing I know - when it gets back on the road - there is no shortage of people who will ask if it is for sale, want to talk to me about, etc.
I don't think they do that with a Camaro.
I own Buicks because it makes me feel just a little different than the pack.

And besides - X10 on the high beltlines in the Camaro and the Challenger.
I can't stand them

I did rent a SRT8 Charger and I sort of liked it.
But I'm sure I wouldn't like the payment.
Also can't stand banks.
They take your stuff when you get down on your luck.

Yeah, I`m going to keep the GN...It was funny on my way home i past 8 of them on the road, it wasnt like the ZL1 but still a Camero, I guess i would have fitted in if a bought one

I'm glad to see you're feeling better ;)

I'm glad to see you're feeling better ;)

Well i`m still frustrated with the car...I still need to find the coolant leak, then after that my new 2yr transmission with less than a 1500 miles on it has not shift right since i bought it, so it will have to be rebuilt or buy another one...so it will depends on how i feel when its time to fix those problems..

I think we all get frustrated with our "toys". It always seems like they need something and of course, it's never the $10 something, rather it's the $200 something... So, I feel your pain. I too, sometimes get the urge to remove all the frustration from my life by just clearing out the stable and doing something else. It gets tiring wrenching in the garage every weekend.

However, in my experience, walking away and "forgetting" about the cars for a little while seems to help. When I get tired of the cars I just close the shop and go do something else for a while. Take a few weeks off and forget about the car for a while. Then, when you're feeling better, lets say, more "refreshed"- take the car out for a spin. You'll get the rush and the compliments and you'll be back in the groove in no time. Also, those issues that nickel and dime you to death- you know they're going to be there until they're handled. The way I handle this is to make a list and place the whole order in one shot- (if you have to save the funds to do this, you can do so while leaving the car alone for a while) Once all the parts come in, dedicate the time and effort to fixing everything in one shot and then go out and enjoy it.

I looked at the new Camaro and wanted one till everyone had one. Now I don't want one. Same with the Challenger. I like the new tech but these stupid old Buicks never cease to put a huge smile on my face. Keep the Buick. The Darkside is strong!!:cool:

I have been going back and forth on selling mine for a camaro too. It has been a very frustrating and expensive summer for me with it. I know I would drive the camaro more than the gn; still trying to figure out a way to have both! I'm going to hang on to mine for another year. Time to put it away anyhow. Seeing a nice supercharged one run last week, helps me want to keep the GN.

I have been going back and forth on selling mine for a camaro too. It has been a very frustrating and expensive summer for me with it. I know I would drive the camaro more than the gn; still trying to figure out a way to have both! I'm going to hang on to mine for another year. Time to put it away anyhow. Seeing a nice supercharged one run last week, helps me want to keep the GN.

That guy sold his 1LE Camaro that was supercharged and bought a ZL1 Camaro. He was probably upset he couldn't ET or MPH the same as my skinny tire Buick. This is why we keep them!:D

Don't do it!
You will be kicking yourself in the a$$ the rest of your life!
Years ago I trading in my '84 Z-28 with less than 7k miles on it for a
'86 corvette with 5k on it. I'm still regretting it!
:D

Sell it!!! I got my eye on the z/28 coming out soon.. once its does my GN goes up for sale. I went 11.3 in it, kicked ass at the strip and now I want somthing new. GNs are fun but im tired of always buying alky and paying an arm and a leg for parts.... cars are toys to me I don't understand how folks get attached to them Lol.. you may love a GN but it doesn't love you back..

Sell it!!! I got my eye on the z/28 coming out soon.. once its does my GN goes up for sale. I went 11.3 in it, kicked ass at the strip and now I want somthing new. GNs are fun but im tired of always buying alky and paying an arm and a leg for parts.... cars are toys to me I don't understand how folks get attached to them Lol.. you may love a GN but it doesn't love you back..
WELL SAID!!!!