Thinking about selling my AR

Dreamn4GN

Thinking about selling it, Making a couple bucks on it. Bc if I cant shoot it wtf is the reason to have it. Ill buy more handguns and maybe a .22 rifle if I can find another one. But just looking for some opinions. I personally dont think this AWB is going to pass. So when all this slows down could pick up another one. I have just a base S&W 15 Sport. I fired maybe 40 rounds through it. Just not sure if I should try to cash in on these crazies paying double for what a rifle costs just to have one. Any ideas or suggestions

Go to any gun store tomorrow. Our local gun store would get shipments of 300 AR's, sold out in under ten minutes for the past 4 weeks. Given they havent raised the price but U stand out side the store and sell it you could just walk inside and transfer the ownership once you find someone.

I say sell it and make a few bucks...

Bryan
What I had in mind. I have 1 , 10 round stock mag and 3 , 15 round magpuls and 450 or so rounds of .556. Thinkin package deal. Maybe go buy a decent bolt gun . I did just pick up 3 more pistol permits. :rolleyes:

Go to any gun store tomorrow. Our local gun store would get shipments of 300 AR's, sold out in under ten minutes for the past 4 weeks. Given they havent raised the price but U stand out side the store and sell it you could just walk inside and transfer the ownership once you find someone.
My local gun shop does trades, But I don't think Ill be able to get the most potential out of a trade. But Im gonna go push some buttons see what I can get for the package i said in previous post

Hey , all they can say is no......Stand your ground, you have something they need. If I had an AR I would be trying to get your ammo.

Bryan

I would say sell privately that's your best best! I bought mine before the craziness just like you but I really enjoyed shooting mine when I could buy ammo for .30-.40 a round. I won't buy any now that most people want .80-$1. Per round. Mine will sit and when these come back to reality I will shoot them again. I don't really care about profit I like having them!!! And if there does happen to be a ban they will probably go up even more in value

I would say sell privately that's your best best! I bought mine before the craziness just like you but I really enjoyed shooting mine when I could buy ammo for .30-.40 a round. I won't buy any now that most people want .80-$1. Per round. Mine will sit and when these come back to reality I will shoot them again. I don't really care about profit I like having them!!! And if there does happen to be a ban they will probably go up even more in value
Yeah I mean, Ive always wanted one and now I got one. I paid 600 bucks for my gun before all this BS. I got a number in mind and if I dont reach that number Ill just keep it. I do have two lowers on the shelf. Time will tell.. Thanks guys

I would sell the lowers and keep the gun myself. New lowers were $130-150 before and seen them recently for as much as $450 asking prices.

I would sell the lowers and keep the gun myself. New lowers were $130-150 before and seen them recently for as much as $450 asking prices.
Always wanted to build my own AR, So I think I just may hold onto them in case the ban does pass. I dunno, Not really sold on it yet, but its an option. just going to play it out.

Parts are quite hard to get at this time and at least you already have a gun you can shoot already instead of 2 lowers that only good for throwing at someone. I also bet all the parts needed to put those lowers toghther probably also went up

ttaowner said:
Parts are quite hard to get at this time and at least you already have a gun you can shoot already instead of 2 lowers that only good for throwing at someone. I also bet all the parts needed to put those lowers toghther probably also went up

Yeah I know. I cant even get a goddamn Magpul or any kind of front sight adjustment tool. Frigging blows. I can't shoot if tho. Bc goddamn ammo is in rare form. It's gonna just sit and collect dust. Ill try sell the lowers and maybe a magazine see what they bring

My suggestion - Get yourself a 22lr conversion kit for it and blast away with 22s to your heart's content. It's just as fun and not nearly as obnoxiously loud. I've considered selling my ar's but they are the funnest 22's i have with the conversion kit.

87-WE2 said:
My suggestion - Get yourself a 22lr conversion kit for it and blast away with 22s to your heart's content. It's just as fun and not nearly as obnoxiously loud. I've considered selling my ar's but they are the funnest 22's i have with the conversion kit.

I have a m&p 15-22. I've looked for the conversions. Nothing available. Or in stock. But if I sold it. It would Probly fund three new pistols

22lr ammo is more difficult to find than .223's, at least here in Missouri.

22lr ammo is more difficult to find than .223's, at least here in Missouri.
Other way around here in shitty NJ. Its outta control how .22 is going off the shelves like it is. I will be picking up ammo every friday till this shit blows by. Alot of people are talking end of summer into fall that things should be back to normal. We will see. I enjoyed going out and letting 500 rounds of .22 fly at the range. Now I have to conserve :(

I sold one of my A/R 's for $1700 it sold in the first hour, makes me think I sold it too low

no-nos said:
I sold one of my A/R 's for $1700 it sold in the first hour, makes me think I sold it too low
It's wild. I'm heading to my gun store tomm and see what I can stir up