Thinking about selling my AR

I heard you cannot sell a firearm legally for more than what you bought it for unless you have a FFL.

I heard you cannot sell a firearm legally for more than what you bought it for unless you have a FFL.
No that"s not true you can sell it for what ever you want it's your property. As for selling it, if it's a face to face sale with someone of legal age to buy it then you don't need an FFL but if it's from state to state sale then it has to go thru one FFL hold to another FFL holder. the reason I know this is because I have my FFL.

Was offered a trade on a 9mm just right carbine with mags and ammo. And it's in pink. Not that it's a deal breaker. But can I go from the 9mm carbine to the .40 set up? Or can I only go down in caliber ?

what type of a/r is it? bushmaster, sig, colt , or S/W ? if you do want to sell let me know, I may have someone interested.

no-nos said:
what type of a/r is it? bushmaster, sig, colt , or S/W ? if you do want to sell let me know, I may have someone interested.

It's a smith And Wesson M&P sport. I have a guy on the what over now to check it out. Ill keep you posted.

$2000 holy crap was it gold plated? My friend I believe has the same as the one you just sold and it was under $700 new last year before the madness started. I'm happy for you but even if I could get that or more for mine I don't think I would sell. They are a real lot of fun to shoot when ammo is .30-.40 a shot. Now that it's .45-1.00 a shot they can sit there until things come back to reality

$2000 holy crap was it gold plated? My friend I believe has the same as the one you just sold and it was under $700 new last year before the madness started. I'm happy for you but even if I could get that or more for mine I don't think I would sell. They are a real lot of fun to shoot when ammo is .30-.40 a shot. Now that it's .45-1.00 a shot they can sit there until things come back to reality
Yeah I paid 625 for mine. paid 800 altogether. I couldnt turn it down. I beleive AWB will not pass and when it doesnt. everyone will feel like an idiot. And Ill just buy a better one. I just thought Id capitalize on some of the overpayers out there. And if it does pass, then so be it. I dont want a paperweight

:( I have one for sale if anybody is interested, its a bushmaster A-3 M-4 has maybe 300 rounds through it, I was not going to sell but
my body shop guy just called and told me repairs are going to be $1500-to $ 1700 more. god!! I really don't want to sell but I need my buick back , I miss not having my GN, I haven't said much because I'm so angry but my wife crashed my GN this week, man it's depressing I put so much into that car, it's all I think about. I love my A/R's but this is a huge expense. not to mention the $900 bucks I had to pay for damage to the other car:confused: I had to do it the same day or she was going to report it, man this sucks...trust me these pics hurt to view.....especially when it's your GN :( if u guys no anyone who wants one i'm asking $1700 which is what I would need.
here are the pics . if not I will post it somewhere.. sorry I don't know why the pic goes sideways..?

Attachments

• IMG_0502.JPG
    IMG_0502.JPG
    989.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0503.JPG
    IMG_0503.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0505.JPG
    IMG_0505.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
:( I have one for sale if anybody is interested, its a bushmaster A-3 M-4 has maybe 300 rounds through it, I was not going to sell but
my body shop guy just called and told me repairs are going to be $1500-to $ 1700 more. god!! I really don't want to sell but I need my buick back , I miss not having my GN, I haven't said much because I'm so angry but my wife crashed my GN this week, man it's depressing I put so much into that car, it's all I think about. I love my A/R's but this is a huge expense. not to mention the $900 bucks I had to pay for damage to the other car:confused: I had to do it the same day or she was going to report it, man this sucks...trust me these pics hurt to view.....especially when it's your GN :( if u guys no anyone who wants one i'm asking $1700 which is what I would need.
here are the pics . if not I will post it somewhere.. sorry I don't know why the pic goes sideways..?
Bummer man, Ill never let me old lady drive my Buick when I get one, Never. I hear so many stories just like this bc they let there wife drive it.. No thanks.. Good luck on the sale of your AR. Try Armslist.com someone told me about it sold my gun 2 days later.

Man, that sucks! I saw your other thread where you posted these pics, too. I just showed these pics to my wife and she said she will NEVER drive the GN for this very reason. Sorry to hear this!

I would be willing to work a trade if you needed parts to fix it for your gun if interested. I have the quarter , roof and door and probably other stuff you need. 203 213 9126 if interested

thanks guys , I already spent money on parts, I got this full panel ( see pick ) and I agree she will never drive this car again,
hard lesson learned. pic of it going to the body shop.. I picked up the rear passenger glass also

Attachments

• IMG_0760.JPG
    IMG_0760.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0764.JPG
    IMG_0764.JPG
    971.7 KB · Views: 134
you know seeing how hard it is to find another one , I've decided to stay with my A/R it is too difficult to replace it.
glad I kept her.

no-nos said:
you know seeing how hard it is to find another one , I've decided to stay with my A/R it is too difficult to replace it.
glad I kept her.

If the AWB passes. I don't want an AR. I rather have guns that I can buy ammo for less than .50 a round. And if it doesn't pass. The market will come down. And I'll be able to get another. I'm glad I jumped on the chance to almost triple my money. Got more guns that I can use more often.

Its incredibly likely this ban will not pass congress. Once it gets denied ammo will go back down in price. Also they do have some 223 and 556 bolt action rifles out there as well. Just sayin.

J.D Rollin said:
Its incredibly likely this ban will not pass congress. Once it gets denied ammo will go back down in price. Also they do have some 223 and 556 bolt action rifles out there as well. Just sayin.

I'm banking in it not passing that's why I capitalized on the madness. Ill pick up another one when it settles down