Thinking about a 6766 turbo . Is it too big ????

6766cea worked great with my combo spooled great and pulled hard at 18lbs. I believe it spoiled faster than my turbonetics 70ptq.

I love my 6766. Hits very hard and fast. Have not even put any power in it. On my little iron headed combo. So far 7.11 at 101 on 13lbs pretty sure it has a .80-.90 in it on the same boost with better driving and it on a fat tune.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I have a built stroker motor, front mount, ported aluminum heads, 180 # injectors on E85. I believe you have to look at your whole combo friend.

you guys should take a ride in what you think you want,one guys super fast turbo is another guys slug

Anyone looking for a new 18 blade I have one on the shelf. 3-4 week lead on these if ordered today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone looking for a new 18 blade I have one on the shelf. 3-4 week lead on these if ordered today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ptc 18? Would that work well with the 6265 or 6466?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ptc 18? Would that work well with the 6265 or 6466?

Depending on how hard you are running it and what hot side you are running. The harder you run the tighter the converter needs to be.

Depending on how hard you are running it and what hot side you are running. The harder you run the tighter the converter needs to be.
Probably going with 6265 w/.63 hotside. (Whatever you have for a housing).

17 or 18 blade?

If you are gonna run it all in then the 17 blade. If not, get the 18 blade.

Probably going with 6265 w/.63 hotside. (Whatever you have for a housing).

17 or 18 blade?

If you look at the latest logs of mine you will see that even the 17 blade may be too loose. Flash at 5550 at 33-35psi. 9.40ish power. The power starts dropping at 5800 on mine. Car would need proper gearing and tighter converter to run the number. By 6000 it's really out of steam compared to lower 5000's. With a tangential 4 bolt or v band housing that better accommodates the turbine the observed drop off at 5800 would likely be a few hundred rpm higher. May need a little more spring also but don't really care to push the stock shortblock that hard.

I'm running a 17 blade with a 6766 .85 3 bolt and I can see a 16 blade working just fine. Motor is a bit out of date too with only 235 cubes and 8:1 compression. Even so, It still spools up exceptionally well on the line and flashes over 5400 with 24-25psi

How would using a 4.1 affect these #s my go fast parts got stolen so now im rethinking my combo , is there a big difference in spool betwwen the 3 turbos, my car sees mostly street duty but ill be taking it to a few track/ grudge events...