Think I need an oil cooler ring

3-5.0

Looks like oil seeping around that area, my question is -I was in NAPA the other day and they had a large display rack with tons of different size rubber rings, I'm assuming I can go match up the correct size?

Also how imperative would it be to buy one of those new oil cooler line assembly things?, car is very low mile but I recall the Car and Driver series road trip with a GN and I think that was the thing that failed.

I think Earl Brown sells them (o-ring) and I think he sells one that's a little thicker than the stock one to prevent leaks. Maybe send him a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Earl Brown sells them (o-ring) and I think he sells one that's a little thicker than the stock one to prevent leaks. Maybe send him a PM.

Thanks Scott, I saw those on Ebay but shipping is $16 something. If I can't do the NAPA thing I probably will go that route.

That does sound expensive to ship a Oring but I guess gas for that jet boat isn't cheap.

Here is a part number for this O-ring you can get on-line or from a real auto parts store - National 230PKG.

I do not have any link, I just go into my local Advance Auto Parts store to buy the package of them.

I may have some. Bought a box of 10....NAPA, bout 20 yrs ago.:D

I'd take you up on that but I'm up in Canada -hence the above 16.80 shipping...and I've heard standing in a post office line for 30 min.

Thanks for the other replies guy's. Hopefully somebody else will be able to use the info.

On the other hand took my car out today 30 miles, ran like a champ (knock on wood) and only a little seepage from that o-ring which I will probably get at Napa.

Thanks Scott, I saw those on Ebay but shipping is $16 something. If I can't do the NAPA thing I probably will go that route.

Pretty sure I have shipping at $3 (no matter how many you get)which is close to 1/2 of actual postage.

Shoot me a message on here and I'll fix you up.

If you decide to go the NAPA route you'll want a 146 Oring (or possibly 147). That one will be the 'right size' but you'll most likely have a leak as GM didn't make the oring groove the correct width and depth when they speced out the sammich adapter.

Or just take the O ring off a pf-47 oil filter. Torque to spec. I did this last January, so far no leaks. John Spina came up with this solution. Do a search and you will find the thread.

I read that for years, but every time I tried to harvest the Oring it had bumps on the ID or OD that kept it from working.