The Turbo T that no one wanted

Motor tear down has begun

Trans is out and is already at David Husek's shop

Not bad! Original transmission, never out of the car... 213K miles

Used set of Champion irons, used Champion intake (is it worth more because it has Cal's name on it?) and new roller cam

The intake was already pre-drilled for 1/8" NPT and 3/8"NPT. 1/8 hole will be used for Bison's 3.5 Bar MAP sensor and 3/8" hole will be used with a T fitting for vacuum brakes and boost gauge

Here is my mod that either you like or hate it. I love it! Chrome mirrors:

And of course, I have to take everything to the next level... Have to have the right door panels without a hole for remote mirror

Next, the motor will come out and join the transmission in David Husek's shop for some R&R, heads, cam, intake, etc.

The car is planned to go to my powdercoater/blaster for nice undercarriage blasting and then it will be sprayed with rust encapsulator and chassis black paint.

Engine compartment will be detailed and painted and then.....

Hello Jim Dunn! He will work his magic on this car and assemble it. Can't wait

Stand by for more updates

I think this radiator had a good life. RIP!

That was one of the last factory radiators available, when I bought it. Surprised it failed like that. Nick Michale might buy it from you. Keep the posts coming.

That's fixable. Take it to a radiator shop. They will clean it up and solder it back on. Good as new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait to see those rims/wire hubcaps mounted on!!! You're definitely going to catch some people off guard with that sleeper set up.

I like the bench seat & cup holders!

I have the bench seat but I sure would like to know where to get one of those cup holders in dark blue!

Anybody?

Edit - found one on flea bay.

Last edited:
I'm being told that I should go with a flat hood. Don't think I'll go that far

You have to put a flat hood on it and give it that 150 hp V8 look! People will see those big meats on the rear and think "what a playa" and hand you wads of cash when they lose. hee hee

I don't know whether to call it a progress or a regress, but the motor is out. That's my buddy John helping me out, couldn't do it without his help.

Next stop for the motor is David Husek.

And I'm going to clean and detail shit out of this engine compartment before it goes back in

I've heard Dave is one of "The Guys" when it comes to transmissions. Don't know anything about his engine/car building skills, but that doesn't mean much. I'm from the West and know who I would turn to there. You are far, far away.

Seems to me you're on the right track, though. This board is a great resource! Good luck & keep it up! You'll get to where you want to be with the car.

And again, please don't put a flat hood on that car, please.

Last edited:
No, no flat hood.

Dave Husek is building the trans and top end of the motor. We're leaving the bottom end alone.

Jim Dunn is going to build the car. He built my WE4 and I could have driven that car cross country with confidence.

You have to put a flat hood on it and give it that 150 hp V8 look! People will see those big meats on the rear and think "what a playa" and hand you wads of cash when they lose. hee hee

And again, please don't put a flat hood on that car, please.

I was mostly joking about the flat hood as I prefer the bump, but that would add to the sleeper look, not that T-types with wire wheel covers aren't enough already.
Keep up the great work.

Believe me, the thought has crossed my mind. But I do like the "bump"

Even on my sleeperish Chevelle, I have the SS hood

834282d2ce8c664ca0c68ac908f2d9af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk