The Ride Is Over !!!!

baadgn

After 10 years and Lots of fun its gone :frown: Fri Started of like a normal day till I got "the call". I want to buy your car is all I heard I said ok but...
he then proceeded to tell me what the terms were going to be I was still wreeling from the thought of me and my GN seperated that I had to ask him to repeat the offer. It will be going to a good Home It will be retired from buick racing but will see the track from time to time.I still can't belive its not Mine anymore:frown:

Wow, I was not expecting that.
Will you have something else in the works

I got the call too one day but I succumbed to that "I'm gonna miss her" feeling and I said no.

A few months later the trans lets go in second gear at WOT and full boost. The RPM and boost go God knows where and I blow the head gasket in five cylinders and fill the block with anti freeze.

Total cost for the rebuild of everything is pushing $7K (wife not happy). Will be installing it all this week with a few more HP than before (better heads).

This is a sickness and there ain't no cure.

I should have sold it when I had the chance. It will be for sale when its done!

Of course when I drive it again and get plastered to the seat with that stupid grin on my face...

Mikey

Wow, I was not expecting that.
Will you have something else in the works

John,

My 65 Malibu ss has been an ongoing project That i have been working on. But with the family time and working on the GN..:( Its been slow going. Its going to be powered by a 540 bbc twin turbo so now I will pick up the pace and get this completed

John,

My 65 Malibu ss has been an ongoing project That i have been working on. But with the family time and working on the GN..:( Its been slow going. Its going to be powered by a 540 bbc twin turbo so now I will pick up the pace and get this completed

Drool! Please put updates in the v-8 section!

Sorry to hear it Tony, your car was certainly one of the baddest Stage2 cars around. Good luck with the new project, sounds like another sick ride!:cool:

After 10 years and Lots of fun its gone :frown: Fri Started of like a normal day till I got "the call". I want to buy your car is all I heard I said ok but...
he then proceeded to tell me what the terms were going to be I was still wreeling from the thought of me and my GN seperated that I had to ask him to repeat the offer. It will be going to a good Home It will be retired from buick racing but will see the track from time to time.I still can't belive its not Mine anymore:frown:

I think I know how you feel. I'll be making the same decision soon. I'm not actively listing mine, but if the right offer comes along.... I've got to "thin the herd". :frown: