"The Reign of Terror" A Lesson in History

seedling

This is a Facebook post / quote from one of my high school football coaches and much more importantly, a very gifted teacher who shared a very important gift with all of his students.

You see, this man got me interested in history. And although it took a while to take hold! However, Coach Durbin taught me about “Revisionist History” and that we could not trust everything that was written in books. Most especially the history books! And I guess the most important thing he taught me was that we are a Good Nation and that no matter how hard they try to rewrite our history (to suggest otherwise), that we are a GOD Fearing Nation whose liberties and freedoms are all gifts from GOD.

I can also personally attest to what he’s saying about our history. As I can still remember him having us write down,
Those that fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat its failures”.
Basically, I owe a great deal of gratitude for my Americanism, my conservatism, my faith in GOD and Country to this man. My daughters can all attest to my use of the above saying as well. Thank You Coach Don Durbin !

COACH DON DURBIN
"During the French Revolution there was a period called “The Reign of Terror” in which thousands of innocent people died because someone with a political agenda would simply accuse a person of being an enemy of the republic and if they had the political clout, the accused person would be arrested and given a biased trial and executed. Every year that I have been teaching, on the first day I have my students write this in their notebook: “Those that fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat its failures”. One of my students told me yesterday that she thinks the Kavanaugh hearings are like the Reign of Terror. You have an accuser whose has no real proof that the accused did anything wrong except her word. The accused has evidence and testimonies that corroborates his testimony but the backers of Ford have enough clout to ruin the process. Like the French Revolution, where those in power that did this type of political lying and cheating, were eventually thrown out of power and executed, we will see the same thing happen here. The people of France consider this to be the most embarrassing and shameful period of their history because the people allowed the corrupt leaders to go unchecked until it was too late. In years to come I think everyone and even those Ford supporters who knew this was wrong will feel the same way. We are repeating the same failed lessons of history. Shame on us!"

Please Note that these are not Political Statements at all, as they are mere statements of FACT. However, FACTS are apparently the most offensive thing ever to those on the other side. Probably because they cannot argue with them, nor can they redefine them. Therefore, they will suggest that they somehow find them offensive and go tell mommy I am sure.

I know that if you don't know history, you are doomed to repeat it. And it has been proven a number of times in recorded history.

Anyone who wishes to understand what was happening as the democrats tried to destroy Kavanaugh, just watch this 1 minute video from Nancy Pelosi. She describes it in perfect detail.

This is a Facebook post / quote from one of my high school football coaches and much more importantly, a very gifted teacher who shared a very important gift with all of his students.

You see, this man got me interested in history. And although it took a while to take hold! However, Coach Durbin taught me about “Revisionist History” and that we could not trust everything that was written in books. Most especially the history books! And I guess the most important thing he taught me was that we are a Good Nation and that no matter how hard they try to rewrite our history (to suggest otherwise), that we are a GOD Fearing Nation whose liberties and freedoms are all gifts from GOD.

I can also personally attest to what he’s saying about our history. As I can still remember him having us write down,
Those that fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat its failures”.
Basically, I owe a great deal of gratitude for my Americanism, my conservatism, my faith in GOD and Country to this man. My daughters can all attest to my use of the above saying as well. Thank You Coach Don Durbin !

COACH DON DURBIN
"During the French Revolution there was a period called “The Reign of Terror” in which thousands of innocent people died because someone with a political agenda would simply accuse a person of being an enemy of the republic and if they had the political clout, the accused person would be arrested and given a biased trial and executed. Every year that I have been teaching, on the first day I have my students write this in their notebook: “Those that fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat its failures”. One of my students told me yesterday that she thinks the Kavanaugh hearings are like the Reign of Terror. You have an accuser whose has no real proof that the accused did anything wrong except her word. The accused has evidence and testimonies that corroborates his testimony but the backers of Ford have enough clout to ruin the process. Like the French Revolution, where those in power that did this type of political lying and cheating, were eventually thrown out of power and executed, we will see the same thing happen here. The people of France consider this to be the most embarrassing and shameful period of their history because the people allowed the corrupt leaders to go unchecked until it was too late. In years to come I think everyone and even those Ford supporters who knew this was wrong will feel the same way. We are repeating the same failed lessons of history. Shame on us!"

Please Note that these are not Political Statements at all, as they are mere statements of FACT. However, FACTS are apparently the most offensive thing ever to those on the other side. Probably because they cannot argue with them, nor can they redefine them. Therefore, they will suggest that they somehow find them offensive and go tell mommy I am sure.