The reason I don't drive my cars anywhere

VMineo

I took my dads 87 corvette out the other night.I went to my girls house,left her house at 5 am.The next morning I noticed it.The sad part is the car only has 4000 original miles.Now Im never hearing the end of it.Im going to skin the whole quarter.Even thought its an easy job its just something that shouldn't of happened.The second picture is of it at a local show.Any ideas of what hit it?The weird part was the piece of the quarter was missing and not on the floor.I parked my truck next to it and the bumper is the same height so im thinking someone backed into it.

Attachments

• vett.jpg
    vett.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 572
  • 22578_1265994382123_1597688997_693943_2462359_n.jpg
    22578_1265994382123_1597688997_693943_2462359_n.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 562
I took my dads 87 corvette out the other night.I went to my girls house,left her house at 5 am.The next morning I noticed it.The sad part is the car only has 4000 original miles.Now Im never hearing the end of it.Im going to skin the whole quarter.Even thought its an easy job its just something that shouldn't of happened.The second picture is of it at a local show.Any ideas of what hit it?The weird part was the piece of the quarter was missing and not on the floor.I parked my truck next to it and the bumper is the same height so im thinking someone backed into it.

I feel your pain. Ive had people back into my car several times. A few weeks ago someone tried to break into it, and they were lucky i didnt find them:mad:. the best thing to do is to lock it away and drive it only on the weekend or whenever its sunny (in washington)

I only drive them when im going to be with the car all the time.The car stays in the garage all the time but that night I left it in the driveway and figured Since there was other cars in the driveway and didn't want to wake everyone up Id do it in a few hours.That what kills me

You sure it wasn't a jealous ex or someone with an agenda that took the piece as a trophy? It really looks like someone hit it with something and tore that piece off.

kinda why id rather have a driver then such a low mile car. I remember with my old car I was always afraid that if someone rear ended me in my TR id be screwed and would probably take 6 months to find quality parts to fix if ever.

I guess thats the price u pay for having an older car like a TR. Atleast there are parts still available places for the vette.

still sux tho

beaters rule!

X2, had a '86 Mazda B2000 that my grandfather gave me, it was actually relaxing never having to worry about parking it anywhere.

VMineo, I had an '86 Vette for a while, same color, great car, some complain about the C4 & how rough it rides, etc., but I loved it, had to replace the starter & charge the A/C, but never any real issues & it got nearly 30mpg. Hope the '87 is an easy fix, with only 4k miles, the paint shouldn't be too hard to match up, but looks like they will have to spray some color on the door as well.

Man that really does $uck to have it happen to such a nice looking car.

Thats the very reason why i only drive my Regal and never stop anywhere to leave it unattended not even for a second.

I go to the gas station in my daily driver to get gas for the Regal.

X2, had a '86 Mazda B2000 that my grandfather gave me, it was actually relaxing never having to worry about parking it anywhere.

VMineo, I had an '86 Vette for a while, same color, great car, some complain about the C4 & how rough it rides, etc., but I loved it, had to replace the starter & charge the A/C, but never any real issues & it got nearly 30mpg. Hope the '87 is an easy fix, with only 4k miles, the paint shouldn't be too hard to match up, but looks like they will have to spray some color on the door as well.

I have my Little v-8 s10. I drive it everywhere, park it & never lock it! I don't even have insurance on it. NO PROBLEMS in Sleepy NH.

I swear if You own something NICE people are out to ruin it because they are Jelous.

Saw a pretty new car once with "Pro Bowler" on the license plate frame.

EVERY panel was keyed. That bowler must have really pi$$ed that woman off.

im sorry.... beautiful car too :mad:
thats why if i am driving somewhere and dont have to leave the car for long i take the TR.... if not i can take the camaro but i usually make my gf drive me most of the time:biggrin::cool:

the first issue is that you own a grand national and a 87 corvette what a world of a difference. sorry to hear about the accident. at least its fixable.

You sure it wasn't a jealous ex or someone with an agenda that took the piece as a trophy? It really looks like someone hit it with something and tore that piece off.

Im thinking maybe on the lines of my girls ex.I moved from brooklyn so They would have to drive 2 hours and have no idea where i live.The only thing I can think of is a truck hit it.The only reason for the drag line on the door like something dug into it

kinda why id rather have a driver then such a low mile car. I remember with my old car I was always afraid that if someone rear ended me in my TR id be screwed and would probably take 6 months to find quality parts to fix if ever.

I guess thats the price u pay for having an older car like a TR. Atleast there are parts still available places for the vette.

still sux tho

The problem is Im 18,I always have problems in the vet.If im not getting stop by narcotics,its highway patrol.I Have daily drivers but I just figured it was the last nice day of the year And ill take the vet out.This is why I love driving my dually.You see how fast people think twice before tapping it

To me 86 c4 was the freak year.They had the early 86 which was like the 85 then they had the 86E which was like an 87.The 86E/87'S had problems with the AC pressure switch and sometimes they would short out and seize the compressor.I fix them all the time.I just brought a 4+3 86 for parts.Id rather skin it off the other car myself so its done right.BTW the best handling c4 besides the zr1 is the 1991.

I have my Little v-8 s10. I drive it everywhere, park it & never lock it! I don't even have insurance on it. NO PROBLEMS in Sleepy NH.

I swear if You own something NICE people are out to ruin it because they are Jelous.

Thats the truth.I use to have a 01 s10.4 cylinder what a great truck that was.I always wanted to put the typhoon engine in it but ended up selling it.

im sorry.... beautiful car too :mad:
thats why if i am driving somewhere and dont have to leave the car for long i take the TR.... if not i can take the camaro but i usually make my gf drive me most of the time:biggrin::cool:

Once I get my GN running,that thing is never leaving my sight.lol

the first issue is that you own a grand national and a 87 corvette what a world of a difference. sorry to hear about the accident. at least its fixable.

There two different beast.The GN is a street killer and the vet is a highway killer.

Hate that man, that is a beatiful C4! Whomever done that deserves to be shot!:mad: