The Rarest 1987 Buick....

NorEaster

Pics added below of car after recent cleaning. Please see below!

What makes this car so special? There were 20,193 GN’s made in 1987, 4,268 Base Turbos, 1,547 WE4’s,1035 Limited Turbo Regals and 547 GNX’s produced for a total of 27,590. Of these cars, Buick only allowed a black car with black trim (19U, WO2) to be made for the first 90 days of production. They estimate less than 200 were made and this is one of them. That makes this the RAREST of the 1987 Turbo Regals made. Just read what Dennis Kirban (Turbo Buick expert) has to say!

I have all the original paperwork (see pictures) including the Window Sticker, all warranty slips, and original sales documents. Included are the original keys, with dealer keys as well. I also have the GM Data Request about the VIN, showing that it was shipped on the last possible day they said to have made a black car with black trim, making this possibly the LAST car in this very rare combo.

1987 Buick Regal Turbo T. I am the second owner and have had it since 2009. This has been my baby and I really do not want to sell it. I am buying a house and could use the money for a down payment.

The original owner was an older woman (no joke), and I have treated this car the same way.

This car is so unmolested that even the spare and jack are still in the trunk. This car is rust free and never seen winters, and has been stored in a heated garage during the winter since I have owned it. With 138K (less than 5k per year), this is a solid, reliable, comfortable head turning car.

Since I have owned it, I have only done very minor, but necessary modifications to keep the car driveable and easy to return to stock. These mods are 42.5 # injectors, matching Bob Bailey extender chip, LS1 MAF sensor with translator box, K&N filter, RJC powerplate, hotwired Reds XP pump, Whites’ Marine Volt booster, RJC Single Shot exhaust (ZERO drone, GREAT sound) and an Eaton POSI unit (car came without from factory!). I have also converted the brakes to vacuum. The original radio has been removed and a CD with aux cord added, as well as all new speakers. It has a scanmaster 2.1 with the fast read chip, Autometer VAC/Boost combo and oil pressure and temperature gauges. Other general repairs have been made (suspension, axle bearings, fuel lines…..).

ISSUES:

The car has had a repaint at some point, and would need another to make a show winning car (little dings here and there). The power drivers seat motor to mechanism key has broken and the seat is stuck in place. The power steering acts up when it gets very hot, but works 90% of the time. The AC could use a recharge as it isn't as cold as I would like it.

I know that I am forgetting many things so please reach out with any questions and I will be open and honest. This has been my dream car and I know it inside and out. I am not interested in trades and am asking $12,500. I am located in southern Maine.

Nathaniel 207-322-7001

Attachments

• IMG_1421.JPG
    IMG_1421.JPG
    1,012.7 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_1422.JPG
    IMG_1422.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 554
  • IMG_1423.JPG
    IMG_1423.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 521
  • IMG_1424.JPG
    IMG_1424.JPG
    935.1 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_1425.JPG
    IMG_1425.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 507
  • IMG_1426.JPG
    IMG_1426.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 500
  • IMG_1427.JPG
    IMG_1427.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 511
  • IMG_1428.JPG
    IMG_1428.JPG
    797.1 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_1429.JPG
    IMG_1429.JPG
    1,017 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_1430.JPG
    IMG_1430.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 489
Last edited:
More Pictures.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,308
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,332
  • IMG_1431.JPG
    IMG_1431.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,194
  • IMG_1432.JPG
    IMG_1432.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,286
  • IMG_1433.JPG
    IMG_1433.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,217
  • IMG_1434.JPG
    IMG_1434.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 1,189
  • IMG_1436.JPG
    IMG_1436.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,173
  • IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,148
  • IMG_1444.JPG
    IMG_1444.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,134
  • IMG_1445.JPG
    IMG_1445.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,129
Forgot to add that is has a dutt neck stock intercooler as well as a ported/polished compressor housing and hogged out elbow.

Haha, well your post makes me feel good about my car, but also bad that I modified the snot out of it and painted the bumpers black lol....

I knew they only made a few this way and only for a very short period of time but I had not seen the Kirban write up on it before. Interesting. Thanks and GLWS car looks great and priced nice too.

I dig the ones that are a little off the beaten path. Thanks for the history lesson and GLWS.

I've read Kirban's book cover to cover myself and hoped to see one of these VERY RARE T's. I'm big on the "one offs" that GM made with these cars and love seeing the really rare ones.

I do have 1 question though, where's the hood ornament? Since it's a standard Turbo T with the WO2 blackout trim package so it should have a hood ornament like any other non-GN Turbo-T....??

GWLS my friend....that's one helluva rare find!

I've read Kirban's book cover to cover myself and hoped to see one of these VERY RARE T's. I'm big on the "one offs" that GM made with these cars and love seeing the really rare ones.

I do have 1 question though, where's the hood ornament? Since it's a standard Turbo T with the WO2 blackout trim package so it should have a hood ornament like any other non-GN Turbo-T....??

GWLS my friend....that's one helluva rare find!
Good eye! When it was repainted many years ago, the ornament hole was filled. If I keep the car, I will someday get a very nice paint job on it and put the ornament back as I think they look cool.

I recently moved and have a box of Buick items. One has all the badges and the ornament in it.

I'm glad you recognized this package!

so you do have all the original badging? I had one of these too but had the T tops and power antenna. Raced the hell out of it with IHRA and NHRA in Stock eliminator. Sold the cars back in 92 and wish I never did. looking to maybe purchase again. I think My original one is somewhere in KY.

I think I still do. If not, there are still companies that make them. If I were to put emblems on, I would get the ones that are stickers, would make waxing a hell of a lot easier.

Where are you located?

I think I still do. If not, there are still companies that make them. If I were to put emblems on, I would get the ones that are stickers, would make waxing a hell of a lot easier.

Where are you located?
Spring Hill Tn.

I have one of these black-and-chromey's too, though it doesn't look like this one does anymore - good to see someone keeping one of these close to stock. Good luck with sale, great looking car!