The Problem, How To Solve It? Help TurboBuick.com

I think that selling buick gear is an awesome idea im a sucker for t shirts, and you can rarely find buick stuff at most events so everyone wants it..... maybe you can announce it on FB and then send people here to view and purchase what they want, also maybe you could do some monthly small giveaways for the most active members, posts, most logins, like some decals or something... have a raffle or 2 stuff that people will be coming back and checking on... I was also on here a lot more often when there was an app for android id pay to use it if need be.... I appreciate you guys being here and keeping the light on for everyone...

Thanks for all the input guys! Jay and I are working on a few ideas! Hopefully we can breath some new life into this thing. After the race tally last year we did MUCH better than last year, it was still a loss but a SMALL loss compared to years past! I am happy about the way it turned out!

First and foremost. I personally would not know what to do if this site ever shut down. I may not post a lot but I'm always on here everyday. As I read in a different post RCG was referred to as the "Vatican of turbo Buicks" I can't think of a more accurate description! Thanks to Richard for his generosity opening his place to all! Shane "The Cadillac Ranch" is like a paradise! Thanks so much for hosting us all. I support Dynomans idea of the round up. One step further would be to have a set fee for sellers. Be it a percentage or a scaled flat rate. I feel there are a select group that is probably making some good money. There are no free meals in this world anymore. The information and resources are so valuable that whatever it takes to keep this going would be worth every penny! This was my 2nd year in a row attending. Well worth the 14 hr drive trailering my car. I'll be back next year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't frequent this board as much as I used to. I used to live here when there was a local community around that I hung out with when I wasn't on this board. Time have changed... As Spoolfool stated, we need to be looking at passing the torch and understanding that the "new" car guys are not exactly the same as "old" car guys. Maybe there has to be new ways of reaching them. I have noticed that some of the older guys here are often a little grumpy with the new guys and their questions. Maybe it's a cultural shift.

In order to keep this business (tb.com) alive, you may want to try some merchandising. Small things can add up to be big.

A few ideas:
tb.com themed posters, hats, t shirts, stickers, etc. (how do you think bands make all their money? - MERCH!!)

Maybe some raffles where vendors can donate a part ( intercooler, floor mats, arm rest, etc...) People buy tickets and a chance to win.
tb.com keeps the proceeds

Just some ideas. This place is too valuable to disappear. If the time comes that this place is no longer feasible, maybe consider compiling the wealth of knowledge contained herein into a book. It would be a huge project but a great way to preserve all of the wisdom contained here.

I have issues logging on to this site EVERY DAY.

I love the forum and learn a ton but my login issues are maddening.

I am blocked out for hours at a time on multiple devices. iPhone, iPad, iMac, on both 4g & wifi.

Please please please let me know that someone is aware of login issues and is working on a fix.

There is far more info and knowledge found on this site but I go crazy trying to get on.

Thanks for your efforts to keep it going!

Shane and Jay, I love this site and the P. One thing about FB is that it is so easy to share media compared to a board like this. This is not much of a social media sharing site as it is a help, research, and sharing information site for the TB community. Even though FB seems to hold the majority of the pics from your event, it won't, nor could it ever replace this site.

Not having a mobile App in my opinion is a big reason traffic has dropped off from the forum. That's what makes the FaceBook group so appealing, it's on my phone or tablet which is nice and how probably 80% of people today consume media. I receive notifications if certain people post new things in the FB group which is nice. I can post something in the FB group and within minutes usually have a response. It's also easy to post videos and pictures on it. I know I am in the "younger" age group of people on here and find that I frequent this site less and less and spend more time on the FB group because of it's ease of use and integration with mobile.

I'm sure a lot of these issues are hampered by the issue over funds. Not to sound like a Public Service Announcement but we have thousands of members. If those of us that are in a position can make a small donation it could be overwhelming. Not to mention we are excited over shirts, stickers and some other cool stuff we can purchase once available.

Donation made. Thanks Shane for all you do and the board!

I'm in agreement, Facebook isn't the future. It doesn't serve the needs of this community, and it never will. It's for instant communication, and is designed as such. It's also for selling ads and collecting information on its users that can also be sold. Searching for past topics is impossible, and the people... ugh.

This site caters to us, and meets our needs. What we need to do (and what everybody needs to do, really) is start weaning ourselves off of Facebook and return to the forums.

Think about it, everything is better here. The messaging and threading is better. The search works. People are WAY more polite.

And the knowledge stored in these forums is an irreplaceable resource. I'd be more than willing to pay a reasonable annual fee to help keep this place running. Our user base is not going to grow unless Buick ships a new performance sedan that really catches on and starts pulling in new blood. If we want this place to stick around, we're going to have to pitch in.

I'm sure a lot of these issues are hampered by the issue over funds. Not to sound like a Public Service Announcement but we have thousands of members. If those of us that are in a position can make a small donation it could be overwhelming. Not to mention we are excited over shirts, stickers and some other cool stuff we can purchase once available.

Donation made. Thanks Shane for all you do and the board!
If everyone on this site sent him $5 it would take a huge load off his shoulders. There would still be some stress but a little less.

You can also easily see who the experts are on the board. Just look up their past posts. On FB everyone is an expert and a lot of incorrect info is being passed around.

Not having a mobile App in my opinion is a big reason traffic has dropped off from the forum. That's what makes the FaceBook group so appealing, it's on my phone or tablet which is nice and how probably 80% of people today consume media. I receive notifications if certain people post new things in the FB group which is nice. I can post something in the FB group and within minutes usually have a response. It's also easy to post videos and pictures on it. I know I am in the "younger" age group of people on here and find that I frequent this site less and less and spend more time on the FB group because of it's ease of use and integration with mobile.

Tapatalk is a reasonably function-able app for this site. Not great, but, it beats the browser method and it supplies you with updates as well, if you so choose. It has helped me score some parts that I would have otherwise missed that's for sure. Cause u have to be on it around here when the deals come across! Otherwise you might miss out on an awesome set of Simmons Wheels (at a very reasonable price)! Yeah that one still hurts!!

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find the fb layout easier to read. Big, bold, clear, and pictures. TB is small print with dark background For my eyes, that layout is more preferable. $.02