The New Guy From NewZealand

delcowizzid

newzealand turbo 3.8
found this site while doing a search thought ide join up being that i run a buick engine and have turboed it.im way down the bottom of the world in newzealand down beside australia :D drive my aussie holden commodore which runs a buick 3800 LN3 i think it is to be exact and T700 trans.was N/A up untill a month or so ago when i built and installed a turbo setup.runing a cheap T70 with 0.83 turbine housing 0.70 compressor ,sidemount setup ,external 38mm wastegate,38mm blow off valve, 300x600x76 cooler ,39lb deustchwerks injectors,TRE performance 255L/hr pump and surge tank, 2bar map sensor and 1227808 ecu which is pretty much the same as a 1227165 USA ecu ,its also controlling boost via boost solinoid which is actually a delco remy purge solinoid for charcoal canister purge and intercooler water sprayer.its all setup with realtime tuning boards to tune it on the fly as i drive.run a naw 7S wideband to monitor A/F ratio.its a real sleeper fully stock 500000km stationwagon LOL the last thing people expect to blow them from the lights thats for sure.

Attachments

• DSC00105.jpg
    DSC00105.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 801
  • IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 786
  • IMG_0639.jpg
    IMG_0639.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 787
  • IMG_0640.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 775
  • IMG_0644.jpg
    IMG_0644.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 790
more pics

Attachments

• sta 002.jpg
    sta 002.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 739
  • sta 007.jpg
    sta 007.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 722
  • IMG0144A.jpg
    IMG0144A.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 707
  • fix 001.jpg
    fix 001.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 709
modded ecu and the on boost half of the huge 2bar spark tables fuel tables are just as big.ecu has high speed serial port added to the case and dallas NVSRAM on a seperate adaptor board uses the netres and knock filter board on the memcal only the tune is on the nvram and can be modified on the fly in full realtime with no hesitation or hickups .its seen a lot of use now i tune cars most days with it theres a bunch of us running boost mostly turbo but theres a few guys running toyota sc14 chargers of all things at 10psi instant boost with those things.

Attachments

• modded808.jpg
    modded808.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 703
  • ExtendedTable.jpg
    ExtendedTable.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 689
Welcome to TurboBuick.com, the biggest & the best of all of the turbo Buick forums / sites anywhere. & welcome to the Darkside, too.

Beautiful counrty bro! My wife was from there and I family through her there. I heard a lot of BOV's when over there in 07' :D

Beautiful counrty bro! My wife was from there and I family through her there. I heard a lot of BOV's when over there in 07' :D

haha yeah turbo rice everywhere here im taking them down one at a time LOL. just waiting on my 3" exhaust and ill crank the boost up and get serious about it :D drags coming up need to get ready trans is sticking in 2nd gear after a hard boost thinking sticky valve body or sticking gouvenour after a boot full she has a lot of torque compared to stock

Check it out!!! Thats kewl dude. Welcome to the board. Looks like thats one fast Fast Kiwi wagon LOL. I have always wanted to come and visit New Zealand

Hey your from Middle Earth......;) Did you ever get a chance to see any of the filming of LOR?

cheers for the welcome guys.nope didnt see any filming but have been to a few locations it was shot at judging by the avitar your a fan LOL. my precious i love that line my mate says it all the time while holding his giant turbo

cheers for the welcome guys.nope didnt see any filming but have been to a few locations it was shot at judging by the avitar your a fan LOL. my precious i love that line my mate says it all the time while holding his giant turbo
Yes, diehard fan. Lucky you. I will make it over there sooner or later.

Gotta check out that scenery. What a beautiful and clean place. Lol.... on "My Precious".

You would surely soil yourself at the Buick GS Nationals if you like Buicks at all. Maybe one year you can sell a kidney or two and come...LOL

haha yeah turbo rice everywhere here im taking them down one at a time LOL. just waiting on my 3" exhaust and ill crank the boost up and get serious about it :D drags coming up need to get ready trans is sticking in 2nd gear after a hard boost thinking sticky valve body or sticking gouvenour after a boot full she has a lot of torque compared to stock

That sounds pretty nice! That road that you're driving on reminds me of a road trip that we did to Mahia. The roads down there are just awesome! My brother-in-law lives in Napier and my mother-in-law lives in Wairoa. The drive between is fun. I really had a blast down there. Also got to have the GT3 Experience with Jono's dad Richard Lester at Taupo Motorsport Centre in Taupo. Here's a vid of that.

The GT3 Experience

oh hell yeah i bet i would heres a couple of pics of the toyota SC14 converted one me and my mate are half way through building/tuning sounds a little horrible but has 8psi of boost the moment you open the throttle and rises to 10psi at the redline of 6000rpm goes pretty good soon to have a turbo bolted on and setup twin charged or we may just throw the sc14 away all together yet

Attachments

• hot side done.jpg
    hot side done.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 610
  • P02-03-10_07-43.jpg
    P02-03-10_07-43.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 608
next upgrade will be better manifolds a lot like these ones that are up for sale for our cars in aussie pretty damn sexy and spool pretty nasty the guy does a great job. ive got a heap more pics of customers boosted 3800's ill host them or something to save filling the server with pics

Attachments

• P1050654.jpg
    P1050654.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 609
  • P1050678.jpg
    P1050678.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 611
  • P1030727.jpg
    P1030727.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 610
  • DSC01413.jpg
    DSC01413.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 600
its just my surge tank and pump box to keep it tidy and out of the way in the back of the wagon and hide it from prying eyes :D surge wouldnt fit in the side panel in the back and was too tall for the spare tyre well so it had to go there in the end
its a pretty international setup surge tank from australia pump from tre in USA braided fuel hose from england wood from newzealand LOL

Attachments

• IMG0130A.jpg
    IMG0130A.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 586
its just my surge tank and pump box to keep it tidy and out of the way in the back of the wagon and hide it from prying eyes :D surge wouldnt fit in the side panel in the back and was too tall for the spare tyre well so it had to go there in the end
its a pretty international setup surge tank from australia pump from tre in USA braided fuel hose from england wood from newzealand LOL

hmmm...a surge tank..i like the sound of that.

surge wouldnt fit in the side panel and was too tall for the spare tire well so you threw him in a box?

i was looking for a pretty, international, surge receptacle that i can use my braided hose on.

thanks again!

didnt want the engine getting a big mouthfull of air while hard on boost and the fuel tanks in these cars are bad for picking up air on hard cornering and on acceleration when they get a few years on them its a 91 so i expect it to start surging any time :smile: so good insurance .using the stock high pressure intank pump to fill the surge im yet to run it dry on boost holds about 1.8 litres

random pic of the parts on the wishlist for the engine build for more boost

Attachments

• new 6 cyl.jpg
    new 6 cyl.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 577